Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: Suscipe Domine
(31-05-2016 11:29 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Bucky Ball, thanks for the link to the Council of Nicea! And yeah, it seems, just from my brief time there last night, that the "frequent" posters are allowed to violate all the rules, especially those you highlighted about treating the Pope (or an antipope) with respect. As for "free", I still am a Catholic, even if it's not as... *cough*batshit crazy *cough* hardcore, as them.

I get that. My aunt was a famous nun/college president, (very liberal order). I saw how they worked, got along, and lived. I am now convinced that for the most part, it's about a community in which one feels comfortable and has shared values. Every one (literally) has different things they think are important about the belief system. With Suscipe D, it's more like the difference between the "vehicle" (the church) becoming the object.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2016, 12:03 PM
I like the analogy there about the vehicle becoming the object, it makes a lot of sense in one way. And for religious communities, I think it works, from a Catholic Board I'm on with a thriving vocations section. It seems a lot of the women look more for people who fit their views on things, than actually pray that God's will be done with their vocation journey. And ack, was that guy Canadian, because mine was.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2016, 12:10 PM
(31-05-2016 11:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-05-2016 11:29 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I know a guy who seriously advocates a return to Catholic Monarchies due to the Divine Right of Kings.

He's been here. ONE scary dude.

Who's our Catholic college student? He advocates Catholic monarchy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
31-05-2016, 12:38 PM
(31-05-2016 12:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I like the analogy there about the vehicle becoming the object, it makes a lot of sense in one way. And for religious communities, I think it works, from a Catholic Board I'm on with a thriving vocations section. It seems a lot of the women look more for people who fit their views on things, than actually pray that God's will be done with their vocation journey. And ack, was that guy Canadian, because mine was.

The monarchist guy who briefly visited us posted (here and on SD and elsewhere) under the name "Laramie Hirsch", and I'm pretty sure he's American.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
31-05-2016, 02:47 PM
(31-05-2016 12:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-05-2016 11:43 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's been here. ONE scary dude.

Who's our Catholic college student? He advocates Catholic monarchy.

No not TarzanSmith. It was that old English dufus.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-05-2016, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2016 05:56 PM by Anjele.)
When SD was on it's banning spree of members from here I signed up and managed not to be banned. I remember my user name but not sure about my password any more.

Remember how members there were threatened that if they came here and talked to us at all they would be banned? Buncha twits.

As an ex-Catholic I got bored pretty quickly with that forum.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
31-05-2016, 06:01 PM
(31-05-2016 12:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The monarchist guy who briefly visited us posted (here and on SD and elsewhere) under the name "Laramie Hirsch", and I'm pretty sure he's American.
Ah, different monarchist then.... Blink
(31-05-2016 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  When SD was on it's banning spree of members from here I signed up and managed not to be banned. I remember my user name but not sure about my password any more.

Remember how members there were threatened that if they came here and talked to us at all they would be banned? Buncha twits.

As and ex-Catholic I got bored pretty quickly with that forum.
Ah, they've not approved me yet over there. Hopefully they don't turn me into an ex-Catholic while I visit it. Tongue And they seriously threatened people for engaging in a dialogue on another board entirely? Dictatorial on their part.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
31-05-2016, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2016 06:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(31-05-2016 06:01 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Ah, they've not approved me yet over there. Hopefully they don't turn me into an ex-Catholic while I visit it. Tongue

Have fun!

(31-05-2016 06:01 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  And they seriously threatened people for engaging in a dialogue on another board entirely? Dictatorial on their part.

More like petty Lord of the Flies juvenile shit. Are we sure their forum administrator ain't some misguided Opus Dei teenager living in his mom's basement masturbating to the point of pain as penance?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-05-2016, 06:43 PM
We haz a whole thread...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ipe-Domine

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
31-05-2016, 07:03 PM
(31-05-2016 02:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-05-2016 12:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Who's our Catholic college student? He advocates Catholic monarchy.

No not TarzanSmith. It was that old English dufus.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...c-Monarchy
This guy, but he spouts similar stuff to the YouTuber with the same nonsense.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post