Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2016, 08:42 PM
RE: Suscipe Domine
Girlyman, I'll try (if they ever approve me...then I suspect it will be a short time to ban...noticed that they believe doubt is a mortal sin)! And somehow that wouldn't shock me about their forum admin...

Anjele, that thread seems to reinforce my opinions as I look over there. But 50+ pages is a bit long to read through in one sitting.

Bucky Ball, oy...just oy. I don't get how some people believe this stuff. (Cue the irony, I suppose, of saying that about my co-religionists while many atheists would say the same about my beliefs.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2016, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2016 09:35 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(31-05-2016 08:42 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Girlyman, I'll try (if they ever approve me...then I suspect it will be a short time to ban...noticed that they believe doubt is a mortal sin)! And somehow that wouldn't shock me about their forum admin...

Anjele, that thread seems to reinforce my opinions as I look over there. But 50+ pages is a bit long to read through in one sitting.

Bucky Ball, oy...just oy. I don't get how some people believe this stuff. (Cue the irony, I suppose, of saying that about my co-religionists while many atheists would say the same about my beliefs.)

The Catechism of the Catholic Church has 3 requirements for mortal sin.
No human can determine whether the second or third are met (according to them). Just proof they don't really even know their own stuff.

I tangled with one guy there once about the Constitution on the Church, and what the "subsists" thing means. I doubt anyone there ever actually read it.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_counc...um_en.html
"This is the one Church of Christ which in the Creed is professed as one, holy, catholic and apostolic, (12*) which our Saviour, after His Resurrection, commissioned Peter to shepherd,(74) and him and the other apostles to extend and direct with authority,(75) which He erected for all ages as "the pillar and mainstay of the truth".(76) This Church constituted and organized in the world as a society, subsists in the Catholic Church, which is governed by the successor of Peter and by the Bishops in communion with him,(13*) although many elements of sanctification and of truth are found outside of its visible structure. These elements, as gifts belonging to the Church of Christ, are forces impelling toward catholic unity.

This means the *real church* (according to their own dogma) is LARGER than the RC Church.

The thing about 'sedevacantism' is, that no one will answer the question, at what point the seat becomes vacant. If an authentic pope appoints authentic cardinals, who vote for another pope, is that act not authentic ? At what exact point in the process is the seat then vacant ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
31-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Has the pope stopped building bridges???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
31-05-2016, 09:22 PM
(31-05-2016 08:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-05-2016 08:42 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Girlyman, I'll try (if they ever approve me...then I suspect it will be a short time to ban...noticed that they believe doubt is a mortal sin)! And somehow that wouldn't shock me about their forum admin...

The Catechism of the Catholic Church has 3 requirements for mortal sin.
No human can determine whether the second or third are met (according to them). Just proof they don't really even know their own stuff.

I tangled with one guy there once about the Constitution on the Church, and what the "subsists" thing means. I doubt anyone there ever actually read it.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_counc...um_en.html
"This is the one Church of Christ which in the Creed is professed as one, holy, catholic and apostolic, (12*) which our Saviour, after His Resurrection, commissioned Peter to shepherd,(74) and him and the other apostles to extend and direct with authority,(75) which He erected for all ages as "the pillar and mainstay of the truth".(76) This Church constituted and organized in the world as a society, subsists in the Catholic Church, which is governed by the successor of Peter and by the Bishops in communion with him,(13*) although many elements of sanctification and of truth are found outside of its visible structure. These elements, as gifts belonging to the Church of Christ, are forces impelling toward catholic unity.

This means the *real church* (according to their own dogma) is LARGER than the RC Church.

The thing about 'sedevacantism' is, that no one will answer the question, at what point the seat becomes vacant. If an authentic pope appoints authentic cardinals, who vote for another pope, is that act not authentic ? At what exact point in the process is the seat then vacant ? Facepalm

Good old Lumen Gentium. I've not seen it quoted since I was in RCIA to join the Church, and we actually spent an entire 3 hour section of the course discussing it, including the point you just made there. As for the Sedes, I concur, never get that answer either. Though one girl on a dating site once said she thought I was nice, but couldn't date anyone who believed the Vatican had valid Popes after Vatican II.

(31-05-2016 08:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Has the pope stopped building bridges???
If he did, SD might throw a party.

31-05-2016, 09:24 PM
(31-05-2016 09:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  As for the Sedes, I concur, never get that answer either. Though one girl on a dating site once said she thought I was nice, but couldn't date anyone who believed the Vatican had valid Popes after Vatican II.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
31-05-2016, 09:30 PM
(31-05-2016 09:24 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-05-2016 09:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  As for the Sedes, I concur, never get that answer either. Though one girl on a dating site once said she thought I was nice, but couldn't date anyone who believed the Vatican had valid Popes after Vatican II.

Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Probably. Surprisingly common attitude on that site sadly (Edit: The no-Pope thing. But most who believe it, say it in their profile.); but it was Catholic and a one time fee to join for life.

31-05-2016, 10:09 PM
ohhhh SD

...we go way back.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
31-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Not in a good way?

And this thread has my attention tonight in a Blink way: The "true" third Secret of Fatima deals with a bad Council and a bad Mass and Rome will be destroyed 69 weeks from the publication of Amoris Letitae on the 100th anniversary of the revealing of the Third Secret of Fatima.

01-06-2016, 12:28 AM
Wow, there's a gravitational well full of cunts there at SD, now isn't there?

Funny initials ... says more about them than they may think.
01-06-2016, 06:12 AM
(31-05-2016 10:27 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Not in a good way?

And this thread has my attention tonight in a Blink way: The "true" third Secret of Fatima deals with a bad Council and a bad Mass and Rome will be destroyed 69 weeks from the publication of Amoris Letitae on the 100th anniversary of the revealing of the Third Secret of Fatima.

You should quote Deuteronomy 18:10 to them :
"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post