Suscribe to Threads

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2012, 01:32 PM
RE: Suscribe to Threads
...and your signature made me both angry and amused all at once. Well done. My head is about to explode

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-02-2012, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2012 04:09 PM by DeepThought.)
This issue I knew about for a while but no-one said anything so I thought it's not a big deal. Yes, the previous server move involved major software updates as well with a bunch of plugins I installed.
The software was old and wouldn't have worked on the new server when I first started here.

This server move didn't require software updates. It was a simple copy files, db backup/restore on the new server, and update the config. (Doesn't mean it's not a pain in the ass but it's much easier than last time.) There shouldn't be any noticeable differences other than speed.

The thread subscription issue is easily fixed once I update the template. One of the previous MyBB updates changed the subscription system. I'll get around to it once things settle down on my end.

Don't hold your breath! Tongue

Glad it's all working like yesterday...

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
27-02-2012, 04:11 PM
(27-02-2012 03:57 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  This issue I knew about for a while but no-one said anything so I thought it's not a big deal. Yes, the previous server move involved major software updates as well with a bunch of plugins I installed.
The software was old and wouldn't have worked on the new server when I first started here.

This server move didn't require software updates. It was a simple copy files, db backup/restore on the new server, and update the config. (Doesn't mean it's not a pain in the ass but it's much easier than last time.) There shouldn't be any noticeable differences other than speed.

The thread subscription issue is easily fixed once I update the template. One of the previous MyBB updates changed the subscription system. I'll get around to it once things settle down on my end.

Great, thanks a lot! Big Grin

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin
05-03-2012, 05:42 AM
(27-02-2012 03:57 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  This issue I knew about for a while but no-one said anything so I thought it's not a big deal. Yes, the previous server move involved major software updates as well with a bunch of plugins I installed.

FYI, I get an "authorization code" error when I tried to UNsubscribe from a couple threads yesterday. Whenever ya' get to it, of course Smile

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2012, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 08:18 AM by DeepThought.)
Ok, I got off my lazy well muscled and lightly tanned ass and fixed the problem. (it took all of 10mins of my time) *gasp!*

Now get me a mistress as payment and we'll be even!
[Image: coco_twitter_avatar.jpg]

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
12-03-2012, 08:15 AM
(12-03-2012 08:14 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Ok, I got off my lazy well muscled and lightly tanned ass and fixed the problem.

Now get me a mistress as payment and we'll be even!
[Image: coco_twitter_avatar.jpg]

Thanks a lot!

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin