Suspect Zero

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Suspect Zero
I'm walking back from Circle K; it's after midnight, so things are pretty quiet. I get pelted with something. A car drives past, from which emanates the sound of laughter. I'm thinking there's five guys in the car; there's a moment of faith - ain't no other way to describe it - when the calculations become stupid simple. That's because I'm already drifting towards the middle of the road...

How many people have to die in the name of Gwyneth Paltrow? I'm thinking, just me.

So now there's six people laughing. I saw where they went; I did not anticipate laughter would be shared between this one and those five, but with Gwyneth Paltrow, all things are possible. Big Grin

Is it possible that everything in existence is an expression of the moral will? That's the question; I was asking it as I followed Netflix's advice by selecting this movie. The stupid brain, of course, gets all confused. Am I eating? Am I watching a movie? Am I loving my Gwynnies? Am I stuck on pontificate again? When the Suspect Zero hypothesis was mentioned, there was convergence. Things settled down to watching the movie, which ended with me having this five-minute chill running down the old spine...

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: Suspect Zero
Netflix is telling me 3.2 outta 5 starts for me. Aaron Eckhart and Ben Kingsley are both awesome though. I wasn't able to gather from your post what you thought of the movie? Any good?

From Netflix reviews
Quote:Take the "Suspect" out of the title and you have truth in advertizing. E. Elias Merhige must be an X-Files fan who saw Se7en way too many times and thought he was up to the challenge of making his own version. He was wrong. Many directors get their start in music videos, but at some point you have to out grow it. The premise was a terrific one and Ben Kingsley gives his usual stellar performance and for me, that makes Suspect Zero's failure worse. Many films transend mediocre ingredients and become better. Zero manages the opposite. Entirely too much time is spent looking at "edgy" images instead of advancing a credible story idea and exploring a marvelous theme. Just a shame. This movie had so much promise and ends up just a zero.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
17-01-2012, 02:54 PM
RE: Suspect Zero
They gave me four and a half stars. Wink

Quality flick; there ain't no doubt about that. It starts off kinda slow, kinda disjointed; but it gets up and out of its own way.

I don't particularly like Aaron, but he can act; that makes me think it likely that you would call it a good flick. Wink

I see you added some review - Entirely too much time is spent looking at "edgy" images - that's what I'm talking about, slow. That reviewer is otherwise talking out his ass. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user