Suspended for saying "bless you"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2014, 03:43 PM
RE: Suspended for saying "bless you"?
What kind of teacher makes a list of forbidden words ? Rolleyes I'll bet that little shit kid faked that too...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2014, 03:51 PM
(20-08-2014 01:44 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  The suspension was for the remainder of the period, not a big deal. We used to call it sitting in the principals office, now it has an official term I guess.

I used to call it "nap time" back in the day. Eventually I started bringing in a bedroll.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-08-2014, 06:01 PM
In our house when someone sneezes, we purposely turn a "hachoo", into a (loud) "HATEchoo". (One of my sisters started it a long time ago). Instead of "Bless you", for a response, from some other room in the house you get back a (shouted) "Hate choo too". Now even my mom does it. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-08-2014, 06:03 PM
(20-08-2014 06:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In our house when someone sneezes, we purposely turn a "hachoo", into a (loud) "HATEchoo". (One of my sisters started it a long time ago). Instead of "Bless you", for a response, from some other room in the house you get back a (shouted) "Hate choo too". Now even my mom does it. Tongue

I used to say really fast goes-in-tight, instead of gesundheit, or however it is spelled, people never knew what i was saying, and being a young smartass I would give myself a giggle Rolleyes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
20-08-2014, 06:04 PM
We alternately say dogs, cats, parrots, or people.

It started when my husband sneezed and blamed the dog - as in an allergy to the dog. Which of the four annoyed us most during the day gets the blame/blessing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-08-2014, 06:46 PM
My grandmother used to say that God could successfully bless people, without my having to tell him how, just as well as he could damn them without my say. Meaning to say "gawd damn it", or "gawd bless you", would be taking his name in vain, either one. But she was... rare!

Obviously I don't think either one is all that much to get stirred up about, much less get suspended over Dodgy but if I ever caught a christian scratching their head & asking "hey... whats up with that discrepancy?" I'd water the hell out of that potential seed of skepticism!

If a Tennessee teacher sent her to the office for spouting religiosity, I'm gonna give props, and hope they don't key too many crosses onto his car when he's not looking!

20-08-2014, 07:09 PM
"Bless you" shouldn't be among a list of banned phrases, but I get the sneaking suspicion that the story is bullshit. If it were true it'd be on Fox News. If it were even half-true it would be. I say this story is bologna.

20-08-2014, 08:49 PM
(20-08-2014 06:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In our house when someone sneezes, we purposely turn a "hachoo", into a (loud) "HATEchoo". (One of my sisters started it a long time ago). Instead of "Bless you", for a response, from some other room in the house you get back a (shouted) "Hate choo too". Now even my mom does it. Tongue

The Spanish researchers who dug along side us in Olduvai Gorge would say salud ("health") in response to a sneeze. I like this because it doesn't have a religious connotation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post