Suspension

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Suspension
Unfortunately I have had to make an irritating choice.

As I'm sure all of you are aware we have had our little forum filled to the brim recently with people who's behavior has been .... unbecoming of human beings. To say the least.
One of these members was Egor. He is still a member though he says he is temporarily gone. This guy I could handle.
The other guy I'm sure you can guess on. His conduct has constantly been of issue to me. He has received numerous warnings and requests and has ignored them all. I was trying hard to find some middle ground for how to deal with him. And failing.
There is no middle ground.
He crossed a line when it was brought to my attention that he once again has posted threatening comments. Now I know we all understand how the internet works and how it tends to spawn interthugs who cause no legitimate fear, but I find the behavior inexcusable.

Today I have suspended Abdelz from posting. I have sent him a message outlining why and how he will be allowed to return. I would do the same to any of you had I felt that your behavior was unwarranted.

Some of you will judge me hasty, or as though I have made a poor decision. It`s cool if you disagree. I`m sorry if you feel as though I`ve crossed the line.

Hopefully we can all go back to having civil discussions.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like lucradis's post
07-01-2012, 06:38 PM
RE: Suspension
It's not an easy decision to make, and a good leader is willing to make the hard decisions.

Whether the decision is right or wrong is dependant on perspective. The fact that you did what you felt was best, even though there may be backlash goes to show that you are the right person for the job.

Thanks Mr. Admin. Wink You da man.

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post
07-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Hasty?!?!? HahahahahahahahahahaTongue

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Im behind you on the decision Lucradis.........almost every thread s/he speaks on gets de-railed into abuse that is started by Abdelz.

Ive googled his/her username recently and you can read similar views on the richard dawkins website......im guessing s/he is the same person as the style of "islamic disruption" is almost identical.

I applaud your decision to make a thread detailing whats happened as that is a breath of fresh air..........moderation is normally banned from discussion on other forums.

Bravo.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
07-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Resident Evil handling business. Whether or not I approve is irrelevant. You're doing the job, that's all you need to know. Wink

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-01-2012, 08:50 PM
I didn't see them myself, but if our friend AbdelZ was posting threatening comments, then he deserved to be suspended. I think you did the right thing.

As for leadership in general, let me share a few things I learned the hard way. I was chair of an academic department for 3 1/2 years, with a couple dozen people under me. I had no prior leadership experience to speak of (other than in my classroom), so it was very much a case of on-the-job training. Along the way I discovered two cardinal rules of leadership:

RULE 1: If you try to please everyone, you'll wind up pleasing no one, and you'll go crazy in the process. Every major decision entails making some people unhappy. That's just the way it is.

RULE 2: What people want more than anything else in a leader is decisiveness. Consider all sides, but then decide. Don't agonize, don't be wishy-washy, don't put it off. Explain your decision, but make it clear that you have decided, and this is it. That's what gives people a sense of confidence in your leadership.

Seems to me you're doing fine on both counts, Lucradis.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 5 users Like cufflink's post
07-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Lucradis you did the right thing, it's not a freedom of speech Issue, you are not stoping him from expressing his opinion, he was nothing short of a bully who doesn't want to hear anything that doesn't back up his distorted view of the world. Well done to you for holding out his long.
07-01-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm the "forgiving Christian" and I told you to ban this butthole a long time ago.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
07-01-2012, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 12:23 AM by GirlyMan.)
Ah, I'm gonna miss the little bugger. No one to throw my shoe at anymore. Of course since he has a 160 I.Q. he could just come back with a different moniker. But while he may be able to hide behind an anonymous IP address, he will never be able to hide that inimitable writing style. ... Or I guess he could just comply with Lucradis' requirements and start checking his prick at the door.

(07-01-2012 08:50 PM)cufflink Wrote:  I didn't see them myself, but if our friend AbdelZ was posting threatening comments, then he deserved to be suspended. I think you did the right thing

I think I found the offending thread. To me it was fucking hilarious, virtual physical threats from a world away from a prick who wouldn't even make it through my wife to get a chance at me. We were clearly getting under his skin. Probably best to stop before we did any real damage.

On the plus side, I find myself more interested in what JackRabbit has to say. I just wish he would answer my outstanding question as to whether Islam considers any interest rate > 0% usury and how they deal with that in terms of purchasing houses and cars and such?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
08-01-2012, 12:13 AM
I had this excuse for a debater on my ignore list. Just to prevent me from having his ass banned off this forum in a huff.

I'll wonder if he'll be back.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post