Swapping between mobile and normal themes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Swapping between mobile and normal themes
On AF, if you're in a mobile theme, you can switch to the default large theme using the "switch to" link at the bottom. The same is here.

However, once you switch to the large theme here, there is no convenient "Mobile Theme" link at the footer of the page that switches back to a mobile theme (like AF allows)

Perhaps the link is there but is being hidden by the footer (there is an ugly partial overlap of the footer over the end of the page).

Using an iPhone, if that helps.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Moros Synackaon's post
14-05-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: Swapping between mobile and normal themes
Well good on AF. Maybe you should just stay over there. Dodgy

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
14-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Ignore muffs. Big Grin

I think you're right, I think it's there but pretty much hidden by the footer.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
15-05-2014, 05:22 AM
So cuddly and welcoming, our muffs. Angel

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-05-2014, 08:42 AM
I think you can change the view using your user cp.

I had to make it so mine would NEVER go to the mobile version. It's not necessary on my iPad mini and I don't care for the look of it Tongue but for a while there it was changing back to mobile view every other time I refreshed the page Dodgy

Good luck figuring yours out, I could be completely be wrong Angel

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
15-05-2014, 08:50 AM
This was severely aggravating to me when I was having to use my phone because the internet was out. I would switch to full mode since I can't view post likes on the mobile platform (and I'm a post liking whore). On the other hand, switching to the full version made it much slower to load, so once I checked up on my like count, I was stuck with a slow loading version of the site.

[Image: giphy.gif]
15-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks muffs, I'll keep you in mind next bug report. Smile Do you handle all UX inconsistencies the same?

Yes guys, I know how to change the theme via User Control Panel.

That's not the problem - the incorrect styling on the footer is. I do not have Safari installed on my laptop to debug what the iPhone sees, but I suspect your footer is using position: fixed; with a fudge factor on top or bottom CSS declaration - if that is true, switching to absolute or relative positioning may clear it up on GoMobile Theme.
29-07-2014, 12:20 AM
(15-05-2014 07:53 PM)Moros Synackaon Wrote:  Thanks muffs, I'll keep you in mind next bug report. Smile Do you handle all UX inconsistencies the same?

Yes guys, I know how to change the theme via User Control Panel.

That's not the problem - the incorrect styling on the footer is. I do not have Safari installed on my laptop to debug what the iPhone sees, but I suspect your footer is using position: fixed; with a fudge factor on top or bottom CSS declaration - if that is true, switching to absolute or relative positioning may clear it up on GoMobile Theme.

How do I change the view via control panel? This is seriously so fucking annoying.

(03-09-2014 09:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ferdy is a female with testosterone levels that wouldn't surprise me if her clit was bigger than GirlyMan's little limp dick. And Hughsie thinks he's male but his fatass hasn't seen his pecker in years.
29-07-2014, 12:35 AM
Never mind I just reset my cookies and all that jazz via my gay iPhone settings. But still I was getting pretty annoyed and the urges to punch myself in the face were quite overwhelming.

(03-09-2014 09:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ferdy is a female with testosterone levels that wouldn't surprise me if her clit was bigger than GirlyMan's little limp dick. And Hughsie thinks he's male but his fatass hasn't seen his pecker in years.
06-08-2014, 08:24 AM
So is this issue going to ever get attention?

[Image: giphy.gif]