Sweden

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
27-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Sweden
Somewhere I heard of some statistics comparing the U.S. and Sweden, basically stating that Sweden is more secular than the U.S. but that Sweden has less crime, fewer teen pregnancies, fewer abortions, etc. But I can't find it. Can anyone help?

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
27-12-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: Sweden
Sweden also doesn't have any Amish communities.....

I'm telling you --- it's those fucking Amish bastards that are selling all the drugs, knocking up the teenagers and aborting all the babies.....

And the best part - they don't have any internet -- so they can't bitch at me for slanderous statements....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-02-2016, 08:47 AM
(27-12-2015 01:25 PM)f stop Wrote:  Somewhere I heard of some statistics comparing the U.S. and Sweden, basically stating that Sweden is more secular than the U.S. but that Sweden has less crime, fewer teen pregnancies, fewer abortions, etc. But I can't find it. Can anyone help?

I've googled, just look for yourself:

[Image: 2015heatmap.png]

http://fsi.fundforpeace.org/
sweden is #177 and the USA is # 158

http://www.socialprogressimperative.org/...dr48/idr48

http://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp
sweden is #55 and the USA is #76

a map from wikipedia about teen pregnancies
[Image: 940px-Teenage_birth_rate_per_1000_women_...09.svg.png]

PS: counties like Norway, the Netherlands and Denmark also have a lot of atheists, and are also very high on those lists.

The best thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be wrong.

The worst thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be right.
12-02-2016, 12:09 PM
I see my country is in the "warning" zone. No shit. It should be on "alert".

I wouldn't mind living in Sweden. Always enjoy my holidays there.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. - Edmund Burke
12-02-2016, 12:37 PM
(12-02-2016 12:09 PM)Xaos Wrote:  I see my country is in the "warning" zone. No shit. It should be on "alert".

I'm not so sure... it is alway with what you compare it. I've never been to south africa, but there are a lot of countries that are on war, wich therefor should be on "alert"

The best thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be wrong.

The worst thing about atheism is, since it's a LACK of belief, it can't be right.
13-02-2016, 12:20 PM
I understand what you're saying. But to me, any country where every single person you know (yourself included) has been a victim of crime within the past year, is an "alert" country. Like you say, we may not actually be at war in the true sense of the word, but it's close enough. I've also found that the majority of the world don't know the deeper issues, or see the things that are truly going in if it has nothing to do with their own country. There's lots of things you have to experience and see for yourself to truly see what's going on. I can't say what it's truly like in those countries in full on war as I'm not there experiencing it. And I'm pretty sure there's terrible things that we don't even know about.

Anyway, I have come to see that religion is the cause of all the crap going on in this world. If it wasn't for religion I am sure the world would be very different right now.

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. - Edmund Burke
14-02-2016, 02:14 AM
you got a point with the first part.

(13-02-2016 12:20 PM)Xaos Wrote:  Anyway, I have come to see that religion is the cause of all the crap going on in this world.

no... I'm very sure that religion is not the cause of EVERYTHING bad gooing on. I don't think that you can blame one single thing for all the evil in the world. Verry often (for example) is the lust for power an important cause. Religion has been often used for that, but not always (like in the soviet union).

(13-02-2016 12:20 PM)Xaos Wrote:  If it wasn't for religion I am sure the world would be very different right now.

I 100% agree (just look at the middle east, the USA, or the human history)

14-02-2016, 02:23 AM
(14-02-2016 02:14 AM)thatoneguy Wrote:  no... I'm very sure that religion is not the cause of EVERYTHING bad gooing on. I don't think that you can blame one single thing for all the evil in the world. Verry often (for example) is the lust for power an important cause. Religion has been often used for that, but not always (like in the soviet union).

Marxism-leninism with it dreams of earthly paradise, ending alienation and class chosen for it's suffering to redeem the world was religion.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.