Sweden just died

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Sweden just died
Sweden changed the constitution, without the consent of the people, so that you don't have to be a Swedish citizen to hold office.

http://cavatus.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/...on-passed/

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2010, 06:50 PM

RE: Sweden just died
(02-12-2010 05:58 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Sweden changed the constitution, without the consent of the people, so that you don't have to be a Swedish citizen to hold office.

http://cavatus.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/...on-passed/

Undecided Unbelievable! I do agree with the sentiment expressed in the article. This is like a nightmare I'm hoping to awaken from.
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Quote:Even many MPs downright negative to it (from the Left Party and the Environmental Party) voted for, just in order not to vote in the same way as the commonly mocked Sweden Democrats.
That's just stupid... It's like the South Park episode in which the KKK decided to vote for the changing of the South Park flag (a black man hanged) so that people would vote for not changing the flag just because they don't want to be on the same side with the KKK...
Quote:The multiculturalism is from now constitutional. It is now imperative to financially support ethnic, cultural and religious groups with the taxpayers’ money.
''Imperative''? That's ridiculous...

BUT, consitutional changes have to pass two goverments, so if this was the first vote, then it's not settled yet.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2010, 09:57 AM

(03-12-2010 05:56 AM)Kikko Wrote:  BUT, consitutional changes have to pass two goverments, so if this was the first vote, then it's not settled yet.
May common sense prevail. What scares me is the rest of the world may choose to follow Sweden's lead. What with groups in the U.S. now arguing for special privileges for illegal's, the fear of saying the "I" word or "M" word, else one stands to be called Xenophobic in every case including immigration matters, it's a wonder someone in our Legislative branch hasn't proposed the same thing.
(03-12-2010 05:56 AM)Kikko Wrote:  BUT, consitutional changes have to pass two goverments, so if this was the first vote, then it's not settled yet.
May common sense prevail. What scares me is the rest of the world may choose to follow Sweden's lead.

What with groups in the U.S. now arguing for special privileges for illegal's, the fear of saying the "I" word or "M" word, else one stands to be called Xenophobic in every case including immigration matters, it's a wonder someone in our Legislative branch hasn't proposed the same thing as what now stands to come into law in Sweden. Undecided
04-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I think I get your point. Some are always ready to blame one about xenophobia or racism before even taking a look at what the ones propositions and claims are.

Also, immigration-critical facets, even ones with good points, attract people who really are xenophobic. I don't know about the US, but in Finland the real intelligent immigration critics seem to have drown in the middle of rednecks, whose arguments are usually like ''Isn't it awful when some black guy/Somali/foreigner comes here to rape our women?'', and the xenophobes get more attention and people stereotypize an immigration-critic into a skinhead. Also the supporters of an immigration critic might ruin the critics public image.

Accept me or go to hell.
04-12-2010, 01:27 PM

(04-12-2010 11:53 AM)Kikko Wrote:  I think I get your point. Some are always ready to blame one about xenophobia or racism before even taking a look at what the ones propositions and claims are.

Also, immigration-critical facets, even ones with good points, attract people who really are xenophobic. I don't know about the US, but in Finland the real intelligent immigration critics seem to have drown in the middle of rednecks, whose arguments are usually like ''Isn't it awful when some black guy/Somali/foreigner comes here to rape our women?'', and the xenophobes get more attention and people stereotypize an immigration-critic into a skinhead. Also the supporters of an immigration critic might ruin the critics public image.
Yes, there's a vast difference and unfortunately it appears a vast inability to recognize that the issue of illegal immigration is not founded on fear of another race. (xenophobia). Rather, it's a matter of lawful entry into a country as opposed to unlawful entry.

In the States, our own rednecks and even those who pander to PC rubbish, example a racist predilection when they claim the immigration issue revolves exclusively around those south of our border. And as such, any illegal immigration laws, such as that recently passed and presently in force in Arizona who's legislature copied the Federal immigration in the drafting thereof even going so far as to be more conservative than the Federal copy, are said to be racist and repressing "those poor people who are just looking for a better life".

When the back streets of major cities on the east coast will be found to have a great many illegals from China, working in sweat shops. And other nationalities as well spread throughout the country. But because the Hispanic lobby is growing exponentially, there's a movement amid their own to claim themselves as the sole targets of "racist" illegal immigration legislation.
What's overlooked is that the Mexican Constitution is boldly xenophobic, racist, and misogynistic. It, by letter, makes any American illegal immigration laws pale in comparison and justifiably worthy of all the rhetoric and slurs that are afforded our own immigration laws. (Racist, xenophobic, bigoted)
But it's as if America has to take the brunt of the hate because we simply refuse to be invaded, disrespected and sucked dry by those who would rather take full advantage of laws that pay and reward "anchor babies", expand the criminal element what with the Cartel pipeline that travels south to north into our nation, and give special treatment to illegals while the rest of the native population aren't afforded the same consideration.

It's wrong, and what's unfortunate is that there are advocates who support that and want it to only get worse, which in their world view means it get's better for everybody else, but those who are lawful citizens, immigrants and visitors.
04-12-2010, 02:49 PM
O' I forgot that in the US it's about illigal immigrants, here it's about legal immigrants. Mexicans will always be trying to get to the US if it's so much better there (even when illigally there) than in Mexico. If I wouldn't have a future in Mexico, then I'd hop to the US too.
Also no Somalis would be flowing from Somalia to Europe if it wouldn't be so crappy in Somalia, and no Romani beggars would be begging in cities if they wouldn't be so oppressed in Romania.

Accept me or go to hell.
04-12-2010, 03:29 PM

What makes the major problem for Mexico is the wealth in the country is said to be controlled by a handful of families, so there's a platform set of the have's and the have not's with no in between.(Middle class)
With the way the U.S. is going now, we stand to be that bad by the end of the next decade. The rich and the poor. No middle class. While the poor will work even harder to make the rich, richer. Undecided

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  American democracy died today RogueWarrior 14 300 03-04-2014 10:47 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce