Swedish Pride Organizers Show Their True Colours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: Swedish Pride Organizers Show Their True Colours
(09-08-2014 01:34 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 01:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  The organizers of the Stockholm Pride (not Swedish Pride) view that party as anti-LGBT. It's not about racism or Islam.

Did you read the article? They said it wasn't because they didn't support gay marriage.
Quote:"It's not primarily because of their stance on family and LGBT issues, but because we see them as a racist party, and the LGBT fight and the fight against racism go hand and hand," Sandra Ehne, chairman of Stockholm Pride, told The Local.

Ah. I missed that. Still, I think you're reading more into it than is there.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Re: RE: Swedish Pride Organizers Show Their True Colours
(09-08-2014 01:47 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(09-08-2014 01:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So what's the problem? I doubt the KKK would be welcome to the San Francisco pride event either.

The Sweden Democrats aren't the KKK. They want a reasonable immigration policy. Sweden has 9 million people, around 1.3 million of which are immigrants. That is madness. And the Sweden democrats have around a 14% immigrant membership rate. They are not racist.

What is happening to them is part of a larger trend in Europe where nationalism is demonized. The political elite want people to think that it is bad for a Swede to think Sweden is good, or for a Frenchman to like France. It is pure insanity.

That is madness?? Really now? You need to learn that what you consider "normal" doesn't apply to everyone. Because you value something, doesn't mean others should.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post