Swedish man gets disability benefits for addiction to heavy metal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Swedish man gets disability benefits for addiction to heavy metal
http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/67854

December 21, 2012
Swedish man gets disability benefits for addiction to heavy metal- Roger Tullgren attended over 300 gigs last year

A man in Sweden has been reportedly awarded state disability benefits for his addiction to heavy metal.

According to the Global Post, 42-year-old Roger Tullgren said he consulted three psychologists to testify his addiction to the Devil's Rock, which led to him attending over 300 concerts last year, leaving him seemingly unable to hold down a job.

"I have been trying for 10 years to get this classified as a handicap," he told Swedish newspaper The Local. "I spoke to three psychologists and they finally agreed that I needed this to avoid being discriminated against."

According to the report, he now has a part-time job as a dishwasher at a restaurant in Hassleholm, which will be supplemented by disability benefits. Tullgren's new boss has agreed to let him rock out to Slayer as loud as he wants while scrubbing dishes, so long as it doesn't disturb guests. He has even agreed to grant Tullgren time off to go to gigs.

"I signed a form saying: 'Roger feels compelled to show his heavy metal style. This puts him in a difficult situation on the labor market. Therefore he needs extra financial help'. So now I can turn up at a job interview dressed in my normal clothes and just hand the interviewers this piece of paper," Tullgren said.

Tullgren said he's been hooked on metal since his brother played him a Black Sabbath album when he was a toddler.

Yes, but does he ejaculate fire?

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
24-12-2012, 09:39 PM
RE: Swedish man gets disability benefits for addiction to heavy metal
(24-12-2012 06:36 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/67854

December 21, 2012
Swedish man gets disability benefits for addiction to heavy metal- Roger Tullgren attended over 300 gigs last year

A man in Sweden has been reportedly awarded state disability benefits for his addiction to heavy metal.

According to the Global Post, 42-year-old Roger Tullgren said he consulted three psychologists to testify his addiction to the Devil's Rock, which led to him attending over 300 concerts last year, leaving him seemingly unable to hold down a job.

"I have been trying for 10 years to get this classified as a handicap," he told Swedish newspaper The Local. "I spoke to three psychologists and they finally agreed that I needed this to avoid being discriminated against."

According to the report, he now has a part-time job as a dishwasher at a restaurant in Hassleholm, which will be supplemented by disability benefits. Tullgren's new boss has agreed to let him rock out to Slayer as loud as he wants while scrubbing dishes, so long as it doesn't disturb guests. He has even agreed to grant Tullgren time off to go to gigs.

"I signed a form saying: 'Roger feels compelled to show his heavy metal style. This puts him in a difficult situation on the labor market. Therefore he needs extra financial help'. So now I can turn up at a job interview dressed in my normal clothes and just hand the interviewers this piece of paper," Tullgren said.

Tullgren said he's been hooked on metal since his brother played him a Black Sabbath album when he was a toddler.

Yes, but does he ejaculate fire?

Rock on!

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
28-12-2012, 06:37 AM
That's just...well, metal. Thumbsup

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
12-01-2013, 06:26 PM
What a load of bullshit. Sweden classifies almost anything abnormal as a disability.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
12-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Later on in life he can claim disability benefits for tinnitus Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
12-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I hope that the US doesn't become as far-left as Sweden.
Our government will go bankrupt. We already have a bunch of fat, lazy motherfuckers leeching off of government money.

Cool story, bro. Drinking Beverage
25-01-2013, 04:56 PM
This is amazing! Also I love that song, Dethklok, and The Dethalbum III. Addicted to metal? That is pure gold. Well, pure metal.

Better to be hungry and free than fed and in chains.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaloste's post
25-01-2013, 04:58 PM
i seem to remember this from a year ago or sometime before.. Same case, just updated stuff. Awesomeness. I think it came out around the time that the church of kopimism was made official in Sweden.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Ooooooh, I gotta move there and get my addiction to Dungeons & Dragons classified as addictions. Send those disability checks to my half-orc wizard, please!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
25-01-2013, 06:24 PM
And here I thought stupid shit like that only happened here in America. Crazy shit.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]