Sweepstakes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Sweepstakes
So I don't know why on earth I entered this sweeps.

And I just found out that I won. And while the prize is something very neat, I now have to spend all kinds of money to accommodate it into my life.

I've picked up aquariums as a hobby, and I have a very nice 65 gallon one, fully planted and stocked. It has everything exactly figured out to support a little eco system in there.

Yet I enter a sweepstakes and win 10 Discus Fish from the most renowned breeder.

Now, discus get big, and once they are grown and sexually mature, they get belligerent. They are most beautiful and have human like faces, they come in incredible colors, and they are by far my favorites.

I was thinking of turning them down or trying to give them away, but I can't get myself to do it, lol!

So why did I enter that sweeps even though I know darn well it will take a lot to accommodate the prize?

Well, because it was there, because I didn't think I would win, and because I enjoyed the dream of those beautiful fishes.

DUH!

Hobo

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-05-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: Sweepstakes
You were meant to have those fish...it's some sort of sign. Angel

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
12-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Money saving tip:

Dip them in some beer batter and have a delicious Discus Fry!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-05-2013, 12:33 PM
(12-05-2013 12:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You were meant to have those fish...it's some sort of sign. Angel

Oh dear, are you saying god sent them to me?

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-05-2013, 12:33 PM
(12-05-2013 12:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Money saving tip:

Dip them in some beer batter and have a delicious Discus Fry!

They are babies, I'll be eating fish bones with batter! Ohmy

12-05-2013, 12:42 PM
(12-05-2013 12:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You were meant to have those fish...it's some sort of sign. Angel

Or what's worse, maybe now I have to get into breeding Discus as a business? I am just in the process of selling my business so I can retire. Every time I do that I end up starting a totally unrelated business... Shocking

5 pairs is enough to start making money.....

12-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Like I said, it's a sign...

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
12-05-2013, 01:55 PM
(12-05-2013 12:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Like I said, it's a sign...

It had to be done.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-05-2013, 02:39 PM
(12-05-2013 01:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 12:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Like I said, it's a sign...

It had to be done.

Oh boy, I remember that song... damn, I'm too old to start another business. I deserve to lay back and enjoy the fruit of my labor.

12-05-2013, 02:40 PM
(12-05-2013 02:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 01:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

It had to be done.

Oh boy, I remember that song... damn, I'm too old to start another business. I deserve to lay back and enjoy the fruit of my labor.

Well then why not just sell the 5 breeding pairs to someone looking to start a business?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense