Sweepstakes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: Sweepstakes
(12-05-2013 02:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 02:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oh boy, I remember that song... damn, I'm too old to start another business. I deserve to lay back and enjoy the fruit of my labor.

Well then why not just sell the 5 breeding pairs to someone looking to start a business?

That's what I'm thinking. Raise them up to breeding age and then sell them.

Except by then you get the thing called curiosity - what would the offspring look like? And the Discus are kinda neat breeders - they lay eggs, fan the eggs constantly so no fungus can grow on them, and when the babies hatch they attach to one of the parents and eat a sort of milk that is produced on the skin. When one parent gets sick of having them, s/he swims close to the mate and the babies switch over. So you have a fish swimming around with a hundred babies hanging off it all over... very unusual!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Discus fishes.... complete with catchy Engrish phrase for surely pleasure to you from us....

[Image: discus+fish.jpg]

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2013, 09:11 AM
I looked them up, they are beautiful! You'll have to update us with the photos, it sounds like you're leaning towards keeping them. Cool
13-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Meh, take em' and sort it out when the problem occurs.
They're not big now, so you have plenty of time (I assume) to sell some.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.