Sweet! Off the hook!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 02:11 AM
Sweet! Off the hook!
"And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”
Matt 10.42

Looks like my Hell fire and damnation is well and truly sorted. Cups of cold water I can certainly do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Pippen's post
27-02-2014, 02:39 AM
RE: Sweet! Off the hook!
(27-02-2014 02:11 AM)Pippen Wrote:  "And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”
Matt 10.42

Looks like my Hell fire and damnation is well and truly sorted. Cups of cold water I can certainly do.

Who are the "these little ones who are my disciple"?
27-02-2014, 02:42 AM
Da fuq, jesus could refrigerate water as well.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
27-02-2014, 02:51 AM
(27-02-2014 02:42 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Da fuq, jesus could refrigerate water as well.

However, we must assume, based on his taking such a long time to get around to his second coming, that he is also a lazy shit and just can't be bothered.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-02-2014, 02:55 AM
(27-02-2014 02:42 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Da fuq, jesus could refrigerate water as well.

Hmmm. Nice spotting. I think well water would be pretty cold but who the fuck can be bothered buggerising around at the well all day hoping some random Christian who were few and far between, might pass by just so you could give them some cold water. Those women had stuff to do.
27-02-2014, 03:02 AM
(27-02-2014 02:39 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 02:11 AM)Pippen Wrote:  "And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”
Matt 10.42

Who are the "these little ones who are my disciple"?

I think he means his peeps. In a broader interpretation I would take it to mean anyone who is fully onboard with Jesus. It would be a bit mean to just limit it to the small number of people he encountered over 3 years in the back of beyond and leave the rest hanging. Anyway I have given a metric fuck ton of good shit to his followers so by definition I am sorted.
27-02-2014, 05:45 AM
I'm going to use the typical go-to religious response here and say ... (wait for it)

It's taken out of context.

That's right. Think about it. Jesus lived in a sandy, dusty hot part of the world and so a nice cold cup of water is really quite significant, especially as people did not generally bring china tea cups around with them but used bladders and buckets to contain luke warm water.

So you need to do the equivalent, like provide a nice steaming cup of earl grey tea to an eskimo in a snow blizzard or a meal balanced with vitamins to a first year student.

The quote is "even a cup of cold water". The 'even' corresponds to the cold water, not the cup. The cup is not negotiable. All charity needs to be delivered in a cup.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
27-02-2014, 06:06 AM
I'm with Mathilda on this one.

Yep, I would say it's about hospitality. Like having your feet washed (very refreshing) when a guest steps in. During that time, the reputation of your house built a person's a name or destroyed it.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
27-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Jesus must be "coolest" guy to hang out with.. now only if he could do my laundry Laugh out load

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
27-02-2014, 08:13 AM
We regularly dump buckets of cold water on idiots like D-Wreck and omegapup. We ALL get a free pass.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post