Sweet! Off the hook!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 08:20 AM
RE: Sweet! Off the hook!
(27-02-2014 08:13 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  We regularly dump buckets of cold water on idiots like D-Wreck and omegapup. We ALL get a free pass.

FacepalmWeeping

That's because you are not doing right. If you dumped a cup of cold water on them they'd be thanking you.

Believe me, it's my interpretation of what's in the Bible and because it's in the Bible it must be true.

(I added some condescending smilies in to make the tone of the post more arrogant and therefore more authentic, I hope you don't mind)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
27-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Hey, if jebus is doing laundry this week, could you send him over to mop my floors next? Smile

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
27-02-2014, 01:48 PM
(27-02-2014 05:45 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm going to use the typical go-to religious response here and say ... (wait for it)

It's taken out of context.

That's right. Think about it. Jesus lived in a sandy, dusty hot part of the world and so a nice cold cup of water is really quite significant, especially as people did not generally bring china tea cups around with them but used bladders and buckets to contain luke warm water.

So you need to do the equivalent, like provide a nice steaming cup of earl grey tea to an eskimo in a snow blizzard or a meal balanced with vitamins to a first year student.

The quote is "even a cup of cold water". The 'even' corresponds to the cold water, not the cup. The cup is not negotiable. All charity needs to be delivered in a cup.

The buggers can't keep moving the goal posts like that. I am having a BBQ tomorrow and a christian friend is coming and damn it, that woman is getting a cold cup of water.
[+] 2 users Like Pippen's post
27-02-2014, 10:03 PM
(27-02-2014 01:48 PM)Pippen Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 05:45 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm going to use the typical go-to religious response here and say ... (wait for it)

It's taken out of context.

That's right. Think about it. Jesus lived in a sandy, dusty hot part of the world and so a nice cold cup of water is really quite significant, especially as people did not generally bring china tea cups around with them but used bladders and buckets to contain luke warm water.

So you need to do the equivalent, like provide a nice steaming cup of earl grey tea to an eskimo in a snow blizzard or a meal balanced with vitamins to a first year student.

The quote is "even a cup of cold water". The 'even' corresponds to the cold water, not the cup. The cup is not negotiable. All charity needs to be delivered in a cup.

The buggers can't keep moving the goal posts like that. I am having a BBQ tomorrow and a christian friend is coming and damn it, that woman is getting a cold cup of water.

Hmmmmmmmm..... how come when I read that I keep getting in my head the image about people who need a high-five....?

.....in the face....?

...with a chair...?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post