Switching beliefs for a day.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Switching beliefs for a day.
I thought about this and wondered how it might go but i'll ask you guys. If you switched beliefs for a day what religion would you choose and why? Also how would you think the experience might go.

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious." - Sam Harris

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God and destory's a visible Nature. Unaware that the Nature he's destroying is the God he is worshipping. - Hubert Reeves
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: Switching beliefs for a day.
(18-04-2014 03:37 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I thought about this and wondered how it might go but i'll ask you guys. If you switched beliefs for a day what religion would you choose and why? Also how would you think the experience might go.

In order for my to 'switch my beliefs' I'd have to be able to rationalise and accept it.. I can't do that.

... I suppose I could give agnostic theism a run...

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
18-04-2014, 04:00 PM
(18-04-2014 03:57 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 03:37 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I thought about this and wondered how it might go but i'll ask you guys. If you switched beliefs for a day what religion would you choose and why? Also how would you think the experience might go.

In order for my to 'switch my beliefs' I'd have to be able to rationalise and accept it.. I can't do that.

... I suppose I could give agnostic theism a run...

Well it's a hypothetical question and not a bad choice.

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious." - Sam Harris

"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible God and destory's a visible Nature. Unaware that the Nature he's destroying is the God he is worshipping. - Hubert Reeves
18-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Maybe a Spinozan deist. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-04-2014, 04:20 PM
(18-04-2014 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Maybe a Spinozan deist. Drinking Beverage

Had to look that up, never heard of it before, seems interesting.

18-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Pastafarianism. I'd try to really embrace it.

That, or a Taco Bell cult. I had a friend I would joke with about being the high priest and priestess of a Taco Bell cult just due to how often we ate there.
18-04-2014, 04:37 PM
(18-04-2014 04:35 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Pastafarianism. I'd try to really embrace it.

That, or a Taco Bell cult. I had a friend I would joke with about being the high priest and priestess of a Taco Bell cult just due to how often we ate there.

I would join a Taco Bell cult immediately.

[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
18-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Pastafarianism, without a doubt.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
18-04-2014, 04:49 PM
(18-04-2014 04:46 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Pastafarianism, without a doubt.

Honestly surprised thats a major choice out of all religions

18-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Satanism.

They seem like awesome people.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why are theists unable to think critically about their beliefs? give me moon rocks 21 399 25-05-2014 10:23 AM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Why be smug and condescending? Turning people off to your beliefs Plan 9 from OS 59 1,219 27-04-2014 09:17 PM
Last Post: freetoreason
  Contradictory Beliefs southernbelle 19 407 19-02-2014 12:29 PM
Last Post: Stevil
  Evidence based religion (or beliefs) EmptyAl 0 114 29-01-2014 03:04 PM
Last Post: EmptyAl
  Bullied into not speaking out about my beliefs tracyselena 18 468 17-01-2014 07:44 AM
Last Post: Bows and Arrows
  alpha male's beliefs concerning the age of the Earth Vosur 74 1,859 07-01-2014 02:35 PM
Last Post: TheBear
  Are false beliefs ok? natachan 50 1,231 24-12-2013 11:21 AM
Last Post: Chas