Sydney Terrorist Airplane Plot: ISIS Bomb Attack Thwarted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2017, 05:43 PM
RE: Sydney Terrorist Airplane Plot: ISIS Bomb Attack Thwarted
(03-08-2017 03:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 01:24 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  QUOTE ME exactly where I vilified anyone. EXACT WORDS EXACT QUOTE.

My "gutter language"? Really, you think I give one fuck what you think of my word choices? Your words are what get innocent people hurt, not me cussing you out for doing such.

Now you sound exactly like every right wing conservative of any religion. When called out on your bullshit, you try to equate merely getting offended as being the same as advocating harm of others. I don't want you dead simply because I think you are being a fucking asshole. If you think that is the same as what you just posted you are fucking full of shit.

If your attitude its to say "Keep em all out, even before the individual has done anything wrong", sorry, fuck you.

Or does it piss you off that I can blaspheme and ridicule without being a fear mongering demagogue like you just acted like in your post.

All 7 billion of us are human beings. I am sorry that bothers you, but we are. And only ignorant fuck cant tell the difference between human rights and the separate issue of claims.

You didn't post a picture of men in arms, you didn't point out Koran verses, you posted a picture of unarmed civilians. You don't have to like what those girls believe, some of the stuff they may believe I don't like either. And sure, lots of violence does get justified by Islam. But don't you fucking pretend they invented it, or own the sole patent on it, or the girls in that particular picture deserves automatic condemnation.

Again asshole, the west has seen its own history of religious based violence not based on the Koran, but the bible. If the worst you get out of me is "don't be a fucking asshole" you are having a good day.

NOW READ AND REPEAT UNTIL YOU GET IT.

1. It most certainly IS OK to criticize religion even blaspheme religion. I do it too.

2. IT IS NOT OK in doing that to vilify non violent people even if others in their ranks do get violent. Don't fucking tell me that picture indicates to you that those girls will get violent or personally want you dead. I doubt that very seriously.

Brian mate... you really need to lighten up a bit. Tongue I can't even be bothered to respond to this venomous diatribe of yours—which only typifies 99% of your other debates here. Sorry.

Someone yanked Brian's chain. He can't lighten up. Once on a roll he just picks up speed and (like a couple others here) will argue and fight till everyone else gets bored with the topic and it dies out.

SSDD.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-08-2017, 05:51 PM
(03-08-2017 05:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 03:38 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Brian mate... you really need to lighten up a bit. Tongue I can't even be bothered to respond to this venomous diatribe of yours—which only typifies 99% of your other debates here. Sorry.

Someone yanked Brian's chain. He can't lighten up. Once on a roll he just picks up speed and (like a couple others here) will argue and fight till everyone else gets bored with the topic and it dies out.

SSDD.

Indeed. Single-sided, double density. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 8_floppy2.JPG]

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like TSG's post
03-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Xenophobic much SYZ? For all you know those girls could be 5th generation too.
Why don't you steal them away and try and bread that black skin of theirs away like you tried to do with the abo's. Heaven forbid Australia has a little colour.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
04-08-2017, 01:58 PM
(03-08-2017 12:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seems to me the aussies are doing a great job.

There are millions of muslims that don't adhere to the belief. I think we as a people should be doing more to ensure their safety, rather than painting all with the same broad brush stroke.

I condemn any religious zealotry, regardless. People who make laws based on their religious belief are every bit as dangerous. The trip to extremism is often shorter than most realize. It's the fear we need to change.

Mom, this is a hard, hard thing; a very complex issue.

I am the last person to vilify an entire population based on the actions of a few of their most extreme members -- my very best friend married a Muslim woman from Indonesia, and had to become Muslim himself to do it, although he is really an atheist.

Yet, while I won't stereotypically vilify the entire Muslim (or Christian, or whatever) population as "terrorists", still, I require those who are not terrorists to accept some level of collective responsibility for egregious actions motivated by their faith. And I see far, far too little of this happening.
Wars can't be fought without soldiers, and soldiers can't function without the support of a vast infrastructure of non-combatants, and at least the tacit approval of the general population they represent.

When a Christian shoots a doctor and claims he did it based on Scripture, every Christian must share a little bit of the guilt for that act for lending their support to the mythological system which motivated the act: the system is validated by their participation in it.

Same thing when a Muslim bombs a plane and claims religious motivation. That religion is validated and perpetuated by the participation of millions of others whose own hands may not be bloody, but who nonetheless passively buttress an indefensible magical system that can be -- and has been -- widely interpreted to condone violent acts against non-believers.

So long as the vast majority of religious believers remain blind to their passive culpability in the violent acts of their religious brethren, we will continue to have widespread religiously motivated violence.

If a billion people in the world worshiped Santa Claus, there would no doubt be a small subset of them who thought that blowing up planes and shopping malls in the name of Santa would be a great way to guarantee themselves a place at the North Pole.

Religion is the culprit, and religion only exists because of the continued support of the religious: all of them.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
04-08-2017, 02:21 PM
(03-08-2017 04:08 PM)SYZ Wrote:  As an Aussie, I can't agree with this. If burning a piece of symbolic cloth is the very best political statement one can make, then one hasn't really got anything much to say of value. And at the end of the day, whatever symbolic value we each attach to our flag, it does publicly demonstrates our national principles, and shouldn't be demonised.

I don't; have a problem with flag-burning, per se, but I do think it's often done in circumstances
where it is not, perhaps, the most effective choice of protest options.

I am reminded of a communist youth group who years ago set out to organize a bunch of local mill workers whose employer was resisting allowing them to unionize. Although most of the workers were blue collar workers and not likely to suddenly embrace communism, they nonetheless would have found common ground around the principle of organizing, and some sort of alliance might have been at least temporarily formed.
Unfortunately, the young commies chose to make their pitch to the workers while standing on the American flag, which incensed said workers, and got the commies pelted with garbage and run off.

In the words of Sal Alinsky,

"If I were organizing in an orthodox Jewish community I would
not walk in there eating a ham sandwich, unless I wanted to be rejected
so I could have an excuse to cop out. My 'thing,' if I want to organize,
is solid communication with the people in the community. Lacking
communication I am in reality silent; throughout history silence has been
regarded as assent — in this case assent to the system
."
-- Rules for Radicals, Prologue

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
04-08-2017, 06:08 PM
At work.

Whelp..... yeah this was only a matter of time comming.

Glad they thwarted it. No mention of the pressure the poor staff at the airport are under. Sad

Sorry SYZ, I completely disagree with your rant against the lass' in their dress/outfit.

If 'Shire' f★ck-wits can wear board-shorts, t-shirts and thong wi' nary an eyebrow raise where the fek ddes your self get off complaining about those girls?
[+] 6 users Like Peebothuhul's post
04-08-2017, 08:19 PM
(03-08-2017 04:08 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Why do these girls need to make "a statement of solidarity" with the wider population anyway?

Probably because the social group to which they belong is so often slurred as disloyal, or insidious.

(03-08-2017 04:08 PM)SYZ Wrote:  As an Aussie, I can't agree with this. If burning a piece of symbolic cloth is the very best political statement one can make, then one hasn't really got anything much to say of value. And at the end of the day, whatever symbolic value we each attach to our flag, it does publicly demonstrates our national principles, and shouldn't be demonised.

That's your view. Mine was not popular even as I served in the Air Force ... but free speech is one of the rights I swore to defend. Whether or not you, I, or Mother Jones finds value in that sort of speech is irrelevant, because the right to free speech is meaningless if it only protects popular speech.

(03-08-2017 04:08 PM)SYZ Wrote:  When in fact I'd rather have pushed their parents back to the country whence they came. Problem solved.

No, not really. Xenophobia has rarely solved anything; it most often exacerbates issues. In this particular circumstance, it feeds and directly supports the propaganda that ISIS and other radicals are putting forth, so that when these refugees return to their countries, they will hear, "See, we told you they hate us" ... and most likely will be more receptive to the message after having experienced it directly.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-08-2017, 09:18 PM
At work.

I just realized. I bet the local natives, watching the first sails back in the 1700's were thinking the exact same thing SYZ,

"Wish them lazy, mongrel white boat people would f*ck off home."
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
05-08-2017, 01:18 AM
(04-08-2017 01:58 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Wars can't be fought without soldiers, and soldiers can't function without the support of a vast infrastructure of non-combatants, and at least the tacit approval of the general population they represent.

When a Christian shoots a doctor and claims he did it based on Scripture, every Christian must share a little bit of the guilt for that act for lending their support to the mythological system which motivated the act: the system is validated by their participation in it.

Same thing when a Muslim bombs a plane and claims religious motivation. That religion is validated and perpetuated by the participation of millions of others whose own hands may not be bloody, but who nonetheless passively buttress an indefensible magical system that can be -- and has been -- widely interpreted to condone violent acts against non-believers.

So long as the vast majority of religious believers remain blind to their passive culpability in the violent acts of their religious brethren, we will continue to have widespread religiously motivated violence.

So an Islamic extremist who goes nuts per the OP after years spent living in Australia, means that the entire Muslim population of Australia
a. bears collective guilt
b. must apologise.

Sorry that makes zero sense. I don't feel guilty when some white guy shoots people in Joburg. I sure as fuck am not giving him tacit approval. Why the fuck suddenly is religion different? If I was Muslim I'd feel absolutely zero complicity or affinity for some crazy fuck using religion as an excuse to kill people. Why the fuck should I apologise for such a person? They are nothing to do with me.

I do think there's somewhat of a feedback loop going on here. Muslims are treated with suspicion, fueling feelings that they are second class citizens, fueling extremism, fueling further suspicion.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
05-08-2017, 02:37 AM
Interesting that the majority of purported atheists here are so supportive for, and overly defensive of, Muslims who are willfully alienating 49% of the Aussie population—who don't even want them here in the first place.

One of the major medium-term issues in any Western, non-Muslim country is exactly how many "sleepers" are already in residence, living an apparently low-key, "normal" life—prior to pulling the pin. Literally. Alleged Islamic terrorists Khayat and Merhi fit this mold precisely, having lived, worked and married, and had children here. Can any of the Islamic sympathisers honestly deny this sceanrio happening again?

Anybody who reckons these politically naive girls are acting purely under their own volition in wearing the Aussie flag as an obvious religious garment needs to think again; it's been pushed solely by their zealous Muslim parents.

And I also note that nobody who's bad-mouthed my personal opinions has been able to make me aware of any religiously-motivated terrorist plots planned, and/or carried out on Australian soil by Catholics, Jews, Anglicans, or Buddhists. I wonder why?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.