Sydney Terrorist Airplane Plot: ISIS Bomb Attack Thwarted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2017, 03:18 AM
RE: Sydney Terrorist Airplane Plot: ISIS Bomb Attack Thwarted
(05-08-2017 02:37 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Interesting that the majority of purported atheists here are so supportive for, and overly defensive of, Muslims who are willfully alienating 49% of the Aussie population—who don't even want them here in the first place.
Talk to the Aborigines about booking your passage to England then mate. Pretty sure they didn't want you. Also "purported atheists" really? You think we're all Muslims pretending to be atheists to entrap you? Christ, you are seriously paranoid.

Quote:One of the major medium-term issues in any Western, non-Muslim country is exactly how many "sleepers" are already in residence, living an apparently low-key, "normal" life—prior to pulling the pin. Literally. Alleged Islamic terrorists Khayat and Merhi fit this mold precisely, having lived, worked and married, and had children here. Can any of the Islamic sympathisers honestly deny this sceanrio happening again?
How about the white boy-scount sleepers who'll go nuts at any given time? They're just mentally ill?

Quote:Anybody who reckons these politically naive girls are acting purely under their own volition in wearing the Aussie flag as an obvious religious garment needs to think again; it's been pushed solely by their zealous Muslim parents.
I see you're a mind reader. Maybe you could divine which of these girls is plotting to overthrow the Australian state and replace it with a caliphate? Rolleyes What people object to is you being a racist prick. White girl wrapped in an Aussie flag you'd have no problem with, yet brown girl in the same flag is a threat to your democracy. You're a fucking maniac.

Quote:And I also note that nobody who's bad-mouthed my personal opinions has been able to make me aware of any religiously-motivated terrorist plots planned, and/or carried out on Australian soil by Catholics, Jews, Anglicans, or Buddhists. I wonder why?
Nobody denies that Islamic extremism is a thing, just your paranoia and bigotry in attempting to scaremonger about all Muslims are ridiculous.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
05-08-2017, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 08:12 AM by TSG.)
(05-08-2017 03:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  . . .Also "purported atheists" really? You think we're all Muslims pretending to be atheists to entrap you? Christ, you are seriously paranoid.

I was an atheist, but apparently the lack of a belief in deities necessarily implies a monolithic consciousness and hive mind with fellow atheists, leaving no room for autonomous thought or differing opinions in the mob. So now I'm a Jewish Mormon Scientologist. Drinking Beverage

Also: this thread in a nutshell:

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like TSG's post
05-08-2017, 08:01 AM
(05-08-2017 07:50 AM)TSG Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 03:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  . . .Also "purported atheists" really? You think we're all Muslims pretending to be atheists to entrap you? Christ, you are seriously paranoid.

I was an atheist, but apparently the lack of a belief in deities necessarily implies a monolithic consciousness and hive mind with fellow atheists, leaving no room for autonomous thought or differing opnions in the mob. So now I'm a Jewish Mormon Scientologist. Drinking Beverage

Also: this thread in a nutshell:

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
05-08-2017, 11:19 AM
(05-08-2017 02:37 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And I also note that nobody who's bad-mouthed my personal opinions has been able to make me aware of any religiously-motivated terrorist plots planned, and/or carried out on Australian soil by Catholics, Jews, Anglicans, or Buddhists. I wonder why?

In 1972, Croatian (they are Catholic) separatist bombed a Yugoslav trade agency;

In 1978, a bomb was placed during a governement meeting, a buddhist inspired sect was accused, but even today there is a lot of controversy as who is the perpetrator;

in 1980, Two Armenian killed a Turkish Consul in a drive by attack. Armenians are Christians. The same group attacked again in 1986 aiming at Turkish dignitaries again;

between 1980 and 2004, A Neo-Nazi groups responsible for a number of arson, intimidation and even a few murders of Asians living in Australia. Their actions seems to have been thwarted when their leader was arrested, again, in 2004, expelled from his State and lives under surveillance;

In 2001, your classic crazy Christian attacked an abortion clinic. He was only conisdered a ''terorrist'' years later;

Since then, the only successful attacks were conducted by ISIL supporters (at least claimed by ISIL). Despite this, several groups of Sovereign Citizens, far right wing libertarian linked to the militia movement of the USA, are under investigation or were arrested for the possession of unregistered weapons and stockpiling ammos.

Now, of course, I would like you to explain me how does this question, that could easily be answered by a simple wikipedia article, has any relevence on how the Muslim community in general should be treated.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
05-08-2017, 02:44 PM
(04-08-2017 01:58 PM)Dr H Wrote:  When a Christian shoots a doctor and claims he did it based on Scripture, every Christian must share a little bit of the guilt for that act for lending their support to the mythological system which motivated the act: the system is validated by their participation in it.

I disagree. It is not fair to hold one Christian to account for another Christian's cherry-picking. You and I both know that Quakers and WBC can both found their sects on biblical verse. The same holds true with Islam as well, and any other religion, because when you have such an innately subjective thing as religious faith, every holy book is a Rorschach blot.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
05-08-2017, 02:48 PM
(04-08-2017 02:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 04:08 PM)SYZ Wrote:  As an Aussie, I can't agree with this. If burning a piece of symbolic cloth is the very best political statement one can make, then one hasn't really got anything much to say of value. And at the end of the day, whatever symbolic value we each attach to our flag, it does publicly demonstrates our national principles, and shouldn't be demonised.

I don't; have a problem with flag-burning, per se, but I do think it's often done in circumstances
where it is not, perhaps, the most effective choice of protest options.

I am reminded of a communist youth group who years ago set out to organize a bunch of local mill workers whose employer was resisting allowing them to unionize. Although most of the workers were blue collar workers and not likely to suddenly embrace communism, they nonetheless would have found common ground around the principle of organizing, and some sort of alliance might have been at least temporarily formed.
Unfortunately, the young commies chose to make their pitch to the workers while standing on the American flag, which incensed said workers, and got the commies pelted with garbage and run off.

In the words of Sal Alinsky,

"If I were organizing in an orthodox Jewish community I would
not walk in there eating a ham sandwich, unless I wanted to be rejected
so I could have an excuse to cop out. My 'thing,' if I want to organize,
is solid communication with the people in the community. Lacking
communication I am in reality silent; throughout history silence has been
regarded as assent — in this case assent to the system
."
-- Rules for Radicals, Prologue

Except the Australian flag is not offending SYZ like a ham sammich would the Jews Mr Alinsky is referring to. What is offending him is who is adopting it -- who is wearing it.

I wonder what he thinks of this?

[Image: 447ec5388b81942faa13889804a2113f.jpg]
05-08-2017, 02:53 PM
(05-08-2017 02:48 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(04-08-2017 02:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  I don't; have a problem with flag-burning, per se, but I do think it's often done in circumstances

I am reminded of a communist youth group who years ago set out to organize a bunch of local mill workers whose employer was resisting allowing them to unionize. Although most of the workers were blue collar workers and not likely to suddenly embrace communism, they nonetheless would have found common ground around the principle of organizing, and some sort of alliance might have been at least temporarily formed.
Unfortunately, the young commies chose to make their pitch to the workers while standing on the American flag, which incensed said workers, and got the commies pelted with garbage and run off.

."

Except the Australian flag is not offending SYZ like a ham sammich would the Jews Mr Alinsky is referring to. What is offending him is who is adopting it -- who is wearing it.

Obviously her great-great-great-great-great-grandparents emigrated from England, so she's not a real Australian!

From now on, only this guy and his family can wave an Australian flag: [Image: 300px-Didgeridoo_%28Imagicity_1070%29.jpg]

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
05-08-2017, 02:55 PM
(05-08-2017 02:37 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Interesting that the majority of purported atheists here are so supportive for, and overly defensive of, Muslims who are willfully alienating 49% of the Aussie population—who don't even want them here in the first place.

Then get on with your xenophobic selves and do it. While you're at it, maybe you should stop chivvying America for wanting to back away from taking your refugees, though -- smells like a bad case of hypocrisy there.

Finally, I"m not supporting Muslims. Since you clearly don't understand what it is I'm supporting, I'll spell it out for you: l-i-b-e-r-t-y. Liberty comes with risks. If you're scared, stay on the porch. And I say that to these pussies voting for Trump and his xenophobia too.

(05-08-2017 02:37 AM)SYZ Wrote:  One of the major medium-term issues in any Western, non-Muslim country is exactly how many "sleepers" are already in residence, living an apparently low-key, "normal" life—prior to pulling the pin. Literally. Alleged Islamic terrorists Khayat and Merhi fit this mold precisely, having lived, worked and married, and had children here. Can any of the Islamic sympathisers honestly deny this sceanrio happening again?

Obviously you guys are having problems integrating them into society. Have you ever stopped to wonder why?

(05-08-2017 02:37 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Anybody who reckons these politically naive girls are acting purely under their own volition in wearing the Aussie flag as an obvious religious garment needs to think again; it's been pushed solely by their zealous Muslim parents.

Source this claim with a link to a reputable organization.

(05-08-2017 02:37 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And I also note that nobody who's bad-mouthed my personal opinions has been able to make me aware of any religiously-motivated terrorist plots planned, and/or carried out on Australian soil by Catholics, Jews, Anglicans, or Buddhists. I wonder why?

Probably because it's a strawman, and ain't nobody got time to defend what they haven't even said.

Any other questions, Einstein?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-08-2017, 04:29 PM
(05-08-2017 02:48 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(04-08-2017 02:21 PM)Dr H Wrote:  I don't; have a problem with flag-burning, per se, but I do think it's often done in circumstances

."

*cough* too much flag *cough*
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
05-08-2017, 05:40 PM
(05-08-2017 02:55 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 02:37 AM)SYZ Wrote:  One of the major medium-term issues in any Western, non-Muslim country is exactly how many "sleepers" are already in residence, living an apparently low-key, "normal" life—prior to pulling the pin. Literally. Alleged Islamic terrorists Khayat and Merhi fit this mold precisely, having lived, worked and married, and had children here. Can any of the Islamic sympathisers honestly deny this sceanrio happening again?

Obviously you guys are having problems integrating them into society. Have you ever stopped to wonder why?

I'll bite. Why is Australia having problems integrating Muslims into their society?

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post