Sye (sigh)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2015, 06:55 PM
Sye (sigh)
In my mind, Sye ten Bruggencate is one of the most irritating theists around, primarily because of his arrogant refusal to think rationally.

The primary tenet of pre-suppositionalism is that all people "believe in their heart" that God exists. He thinks this is true because the Babble tells him that this is true. (He presupposes that this is true). In contrast to this, it is my belief that any mentally stable adult living in the 21st Century, must realize, on some level, that the idea of God is just another mythological creation of ancient peoples.

This, however, is not my main problem with Bruggencate's world view. He has the mistaken idea that non-believers try to use reason to validate our reason, thus that we are caught up in circular reasoning. However, critical thinking is not the use of reason to validate reason. It is, rather, our understanding of the methodologies of logical thought and the scientific process to validate our worldview. These methodologies have demonstrated (and continue to demonstrate) their effectiveness in giving us a true picture of reality a million times over.

In fact, those who try to use their reason to justify their reason are those who are not properly educated in logical (critical) thinking and the scientific process. Compare Bruggencate's practice of using faith (imagination) to justify faith--a true example of circular reasoning. In the words of Carl Sagan, as long as someone does this, they are forever condemned to move about in a "Demon-Haunted World".

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like 666wannabe's post
14-06-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: Sye (sigh)
He is a retard. I think we all agree. But what can we do about it?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-06-2015, 07:24 PM
I call it "acting like a five year old" when Sye insists that we all know he's right. I can, in the same way, insist that deep down he knows this god shit is all bull. And it has just as much validity.

I prefer to pretend that we are all adults and that we can all say what we mean. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and believe that they are honest about their thoughts and feelings until proven otherwise. This is how adults interact with each other.

Moreover if he wants to argue that we use reason to justify reason he doesn't understand what reason and logic IS. Reason is simply the application of certain axioms and rules. If you follow these rules then you are being reasonable. If not, then not.
[+] 2 users Like natachan's post
14-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Sye also refuses to even discuss the bible with an atheist. (non-believer)
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
14-06-2015, 07:47 PM
(14-06-2015 07:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  Sye also refuses to even discuss the bible with an atheist. (non-believer)

Kind of like why I wont enter a ring with Mike Tyson.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
14-06-2015, 08:24 PM
(14-06-2015 07:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 07:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  Sye also refuses to even discuss the bible with an atheist. (non-believer)

Kind of like why I wont enter a ring with Mike Tyson.

[Image: 58323970_zpslneoqndj.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
14-06-2015, 09:02 PM
I never got this argument, seeing how this one god can reveal different truths, which is why we have calvanist,baptist,the black hebrew israelites, etc, etc

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
14-06-2015, 09:19 PM
I went to his "Proof that God Exists" website and took the quiz. On the first question, the options were:
Absolute Truth Exists
Absolute Truth Does Not Exist
I Don't Know if Absolute Truth Exists
I Don't Care if Absolute Truth Exists

I chose the last option, and it left his website and redirected me to Disney theme parks homepage....
... wow, so Sye really is capable of giving good advice after all.

Thanks, Sye Smile

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
15-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Honestly? Sye's a non-player. He had his chance at moving up the ladder towards the big-time when he debated Dillahunty, and he blew it. The best thing to do with his inanity is ignore it, because it doesn't have an impact.
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
15-06-2015, 01:26 AM
He's a circus clown.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results