Sye (sigh)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2015, 02:00 AM
RE: Sye (sigh)
Sye Ten: I know I'm right, and if you show I'm wrong that just proves how right I am.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like OddGamer's post
16-06-2015, 06:44 AM
(14-06-2015 07:05 PM)Banjo Wrote:  He is a retard. I think we all agree. But what can we do about it?

But is he absolutely a retard? Careful, or you might accidentally prove God.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
16-06-2015, 01:59 PM
From his favorite quotes page (just a few that stuck out at me):

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

I like it. Thumbsup But probably one of the only ounces of true words spoken at that site.

"The atheist can't find God for the same reason that a thief can't find a policeman." - Author Unknown

Ooooh. I get it, I get it. Because we're running from God and trying to avoid him. Aaaah. Burn. Rolleyes

"The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful, and has nobody to thank." - Dante Gabriel Rossetti

That's the worst fucking moment?! Talk about 1st world problems.

Some people complain because God puts thorns on roses, while others praise God for putting roses among thorns. - Author Unknown

Unknown author? Or Jack Handy.

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
16-06-2015, 02:04 PM
(16-06-2015 01:59 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  Some people complain because God puts thorns on roses, while others praise God for putting roses among thorns. - Author Unknown

Unknown author? Or Jack Handy.

This is unjust ... Jack Handey is not only a thoughtful guy, but witty as well.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
16-06-2015, 02:09 PM
(16-06-2015 01:59 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  From his favorite quotes page (just a few that stuck out at me):

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

I like it. Thumbsup But probably one of the only ounces of true words spoken at that site.

I like the quote too, but I'd be willing to bet anything that what Sye claims as truth is not the same thing that I do.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
16-06-2015, 02:46 PM
(14-06-2015 07:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  Sye also refuses to even discuss the bible with an atheist. (non-believer)

Every true. And if I remember correctly from the Matt D. Vs Sye B. Debate. He doesn't discuss it with theist's ether. He only response is "Consult scripture.".

His predictability is almost as bad as his arrogance. Almost.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
16-06-2015, 02:59 PM
I love how he denies that his methods are viciously circular (instead dubbing them 'virtuously circular'), despite that his own website demonstrates this perfectly. The basis of this claim is that because his arguments are based on God, they cannot be circular because God is the ultimate authority and only justification needed to validate his argument. So, basically, he knows he is right because God told him so, and he knows God is right because it says so in a book which tells him God is right. And he knows the book is right because God told him so. Last time I checked that was the definition of circular reasoning.

In my opinion his understanding of what constitutes a valid criticism of circular reasoning, versus his denial that he uses exactly the same methods, is proof that he is being deliberately provocative in order to raise his profile as a public speaker, rather than because he genuinely believes the creator of the universe would choose to communicate with people who already believe He exists.

Blah, he really isn't even worthy of discussion IMHO.

**Crickets** -- God
16-06-2015, 03:06 PM
I don't know why people waste their time debating this idiot.
He has no argument, every one of his debates descends into a surrealist argument of existential philosophy. "Does truth exist? Can you prove that you exist?" Etc.
Swiftly followed by a multitude of word salads and vocational gymnastics with zero substance.

Crazy name, crazy guy.

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes LostLegend's post
16-06-2015, 04:04 PM
I went to his site. I keep looping between the first two pages. Found it funny for a few. Now just bored.
16-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Sye knows your mind better than you do. This is Christian "humility," you see.

Fuck pig. Someone should probably kill him.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.