http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/20/sylvia-bro...chic-dead/
Fraud reel included

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
20-11-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Sylvia Browne never saw it coming
Sometimes I wonder if I should be angry at people like her for exploiting others, or I should be angry at those people for being swindled so easily.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 2 users Like Cephalotus's post
20-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Gooe riddence.
Bet someone will say they have a letter from her saying the exact time and date of her death. Why else would they say what time she died...
Everyone will forget the published reports and small details. They'll just recall that she predicted her own death

That's my prediction. Tongue

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-11-2013, 10:07 PM
(20-11-2013 10:00 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Sometimes I wonder if I should be angry at people like her for exploiting others, or I should be angry at those people for being swindled so easily.
The thing is lots of people are susceptible to such shenanigans. It doesn't matter how smart you are, superstition has no bounds. Especially when people are at thier most vulnerable, a psychics favorite prey. For this reason I blame 96% on the psychic who are either con-artists or deluded(there is no exception)

[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
03-12-2013, 08:44 AM
I think we need to come up with a better joke than "didn't see that one coming" for when psychics die. Surely we can do better. It's a bit cliche'.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
03-12-2013, 08:52 AM
If only she would have been struck by lightning. I would like to have seen the reaction from her followers that god zapped her. Maybe some others would have been put out of business.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-12-2013, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 10:18 AM by grizzlysnake.)
(03-12-2013 08:52 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  If only she would have been struck by lightning. I would like to have seen the reaction from her followers that god zapped her. Maybe some others would have been put out of business.
I could see that being interpetrd as divine intervention as god needs her now.
Folks aren't all that logical to begin with, presumably psychic believers are even worse off. Reminds me of a doomsday cult. If the predicted day of destruction doesn't pass the cult leader declares the world was spared due to their faith. Some may leave at this point but others rekindle their faith and make it stronger.
Oh and you must remember, she was a proven fraud for a long time and still made money.

03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
(03-12-2013 10:15 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 08:52 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  If only she would have been struck by lightning. I would like to have seen the reaction from her followers that god zapped her. Maybe some others would have been put out of business.
I could see that being interpetrd as divine intervention as god needs her now.
Folks aren't all that logical to begin with, presumably psychic believers are even worse off. Reminds me of a doomsday cult. If the predicted day of destruction doesn't pass the cult leader declares the world was spared due to their faith. Some may leave at this point but others rekindle their faith and make it stronger.
Oh and you must remember, she was a proven fraud for a long time and still made money.

As I gradually outgrew my old paranormal beliefs (believed in sasquatch, UFOs, and psychics longer than god or Santa), psychics were one of the last beliefs to go merely because I didn't understand how they operated and now I do.

Perhaps there is some irony to this, but it was my disbelief in any god that led to my first realizations that she was just full of shit. She would always reference god and Jesus as real beings and heaven as a real place, and I distinctly recall (and this was many years ago) thinking, "there's no way she's a real psychic if she's referencing shit that can't really be true."

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
03-12-2013, 04:55 PM
(03-12-2013 08:44 AM)Skeptic Gamer Wrote:  I think we need to come up with a better joke than "didn't see that one coming" for when psychics die. Surely we can do better. It's a bit cliche'.

You can't do better than perfect. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-12-2013, 04:56 PM
(20-11-2013 10:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's my prediction. Tongue

Um can we send you money by PayPal, or BitCon...?

Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop