Synthetic life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2013, 02:38 PM
RE: Synthetic life.
(29-03-2013 02:35 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  The example above, even though you clearly don't understand it, does just that.

You can't point to biological evolution and then claim you've replicated it. Your thinking is circular. Try again without so much fail next time.

What are you talking about? I'm not attempting to replicate it, I'm trying to explain it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 02:44 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(29-03-2013 02:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:35 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You can't point to biological evolution and then claim you've replicated it. Your thinking is circular. Try again without so much fail next time.

What are you talking about? I'm not attempting to replicate it, I'm trying to explain it.
Stop playing word games and go back and re-read the last couple of post. I have challenge you several times already to REPLICATE the cumulative selection that is apparent in biological evolution without an intellect establishing goals.

You fail every time because you can't do it....maybe that's because evolutionary systems which result in cumulative selection require intellect.
Find all posts by this user
29-03-2013, 02:53 PM
(29-03-2013 02:40 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  What are you talking about? I'm not attempting to replicate it, I'm trying to explain it.
Stop playing word games and go back and re-read the last couple of post. I have challenge you several times already to REPLICATE the cumulative selection that is apparent in biological evolution without an intellect establishing goals.

You fail every time because you can't do it....maybe that's because evolutionary systems which result in cumulative selection require intellect.

Why would I need to replicate it? It already exists.
I really don't understand your point. If I write a simulator for cumulative selection that has no goals, would that satisfy your argument?

Use Google to find existing software simulations of evolution - they exist.

29-03-2013, 03:08 PM
(29-03-2013 02:40 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  What are you talking about? I'm not attempting to replicate it, I'm trying to explain it.

Ahahahahah!

Really? You are trying to prove that it's not natural selection but divine selection?

Then if I were to ask you by what mechanism god interacts with the world, changing its environment to force life in a certain direction?

If you reply with a mystery, then you have told us nothing.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
29-03-2013, 03:09 PM
(29-03-2013 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:40 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Stop playing word games and go back and re-read the last couple of post. I have challenge you several times already to REPLICATE the cumulative selection that is apparent in biological evolution without an intellect establishing goals.

Why would I need to replicate it? It already exists.
I really don't understand your point. If I write a simulator for cumulative selection that has no goals, would that satisfy your argument?

You need to replicate it otherwise you are using your claim as evidence for your claim. You wouldn't' accept a claim that the bible is true because it says so in the bible. I won't accept your claim that biological evolution did not need the hand of intellect because biological evolution does not need the hand of intellect.

So I ask you to substantiate your claim by replicating cumulative selection without setting goals for the system or organism......but you fail over and over and over again. Why do you fail? Because it just could be that systems which result in cumulative selection can't come into existence without the help of an intellect.
29-03-2013, 03:13 PM
(29-03-2013 03:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why would I need to replicate it? It already exists.

You need to replicate it otherwise you are using your claim as evidence for your claim. You wouldn't' accept a claim that the bible is true because it says so in the bible. I won't accept your claim that biological evolution did not need the hand of intellect because biological evolution does not need the hand of intellect.

So I ask you to substantiate your claim by replicating cumulative selection without setting goals for the system or organism......but you fail over and over and over again. Why do you fail? Because it just could be that systems which result in cumulative selection can't come into existence without the help of an intellect.

Explain to us then how your version of evolution works.

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
29-03-2013, 03:16 PM
(29-03-2013 03:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why would I need to replicate it? It already exists.

Wow, that is truly circular.

You have challenged evolutionary theory with a claim that it requires intellect. The burden of proof is on you. You have failed to provide any evidence.

I have described how evolution works without a guiding intellect.
I can write a program that simulates evolution by cumulative natural selection and has no goals and no guidance. Others have already done so.

I suggest you read:
The Blind Watchmaker and Climbing Mount Improbable, both by Richard Dawkins.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-03-2013, 03:33 PM
I don't understand what is wrong with an all knowing god, starting evolution knowing the consequences of evolution, and then later preaching to man kind.

I mean is the blind watch maker really that big of deal. That the natural does what it does? Or do you always have to try and show that god intended homosapians to come about?

-Baron d'Holbach-
29-03-2013, 03:44 PM
(29-03-2013 03:33 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I don't understand what is wrong with an all knowing god, starting evolution knowing the consequences of evolution, and then later preaching to man kind.

I mean is the blind watch maker really that big of deal. That the natural does what it does? Or do you always have to try and show that god intended homosapians to come about?

What is wrong? The complete lack of evidence.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Synthetic life.
HJ, is there some discovery about the universe you feel you've made that you'd like to share with us? Has it been published? Can we read it somewhere?