Poll: Should the international community intervene directly in Syria?
Yes.
No.
Unsure/undecided.
[Show Results]

Syria-What should be done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2013, 08:05 PM
RE: Syria-What should be done?
All things considered, I gotta give respect to Al-Assad for saying that he intends on dying in Syria. He might be driving his ship into the cliffs but he intends to go down with the ship. It also tells me that he believes that he is doing this for more then just power and personal gain but he at least has some belief that he is doing good for his country.

as king William III said "there is one certain means by which I can be sure never to see my country’s ruin. I will die in the last ditch."

Of course if he takes off running when things go down the crapper. String him up by his balls I say.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Well, looks like the US is already moving ships into place. I am pretty sure this is going to happen.

I don't think Obama will act alone, though.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-08-2013, 04:09 AM
Yeah...and it's not like the USA has never used weapons of mass destruction:

[Image: NU.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mil9pu8l8F1s4vdvfo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: Nagasaki+au.af.mil+WQ.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Julius's post
27-08-2013, 12:33 PM
This kind of stuff scares the shit out of me and is exactly the reason I rarely, if ever, watch the news. And as far as nobody wanting WW3? Well, there's lots of Christians who'd beg to differ. Because a global war is just what the Celestial Dickhead's memoir says must happen (according to whoever is interpreting scripture) in order that he will return to spirit away his mindless sheep. Even now, they're tingling with thoughts of impending rapture. Makes me fucking sick. Censored

If this was my world, we'd have the technology to amber the entire Middle East, Fringe-style. Let some aliens come along a couple million years later, break 'em out, and then do with them* what they may.

*The bad ones, anyway.

27-08-2013, 12:40 PM
It's really sad what's happening in Syria, but it's not our problem. We've got too many problems in America already, just no. I'm sorry it's for the greater good. I don't want anymore issues with any other countries. We need to mind our own business.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2013, 01:05 PM
(27-08-2013 12:40 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  It's really sad what's happening in Syria, but it's not our problem. We've got too many problems in America already, just no. I'm sorry it's for the greater good. I don't want anymore issues with any other countries. We need to mind our own business.

I'm with you there. It gets very tiring playing super-nanny all the time.

27-08-2013, 01:19 PM
I know Syria's Assad is no angel, but he is definetly better than the rebel alternative which is being bank-rolled by the Sunni Extremists and Wahabis (Islamic Extremists) and supported by the remnants of Al Qaeda (Al Nusra).

If the Sunnis and their ilk are victorius, I see the Shiite, Christian, Alawite and Kurdish populations of the region getting the shaft....royally. Of course, the Kurds are so stupid that they don't even have the sense to ally with Assad and are now suffering at the hands of Islamic Radicals. No matter how this fight ends, the Kurds are screwed. I guess the Kurds must like suffering and death.
27-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Got no fucking clue. It's above my pay grade and I aim to keep it that way.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
27-08-2013, 08:46 PM
I dunno. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm becoming more dove than hawk but....

CAN'T WE GO TEN DAYS WITHOUT GETTING INTO A GODDAMN WAR?!?!?!?!?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
27-08-2013, 08:57 PM
NO WAR for PEACE I only accept wars for oil.

For moral reasons I'm an atheist. I'm of the opinion that you would recognize a creator by his creation, & the world appears to me to be put together in such a painful way that I prefer to believe that it was not created by anyone than to think that somebody created this intentionally. - Stanislaw Lem
[+] 2 users Like telckavich's post