Poll: Should the international community intervene directly in Syria?
Yes.
No.
Unsure/undecided.
[Show Results]

Syria-What should be done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2013, 01:18 AM
RE: Syria-What should be done?
Syria and Hezbollah should attack Israel now. oh wait, I meant that the west should start a war with Syria so Syria so that it's military and its friends in Lebanon can just sit by and not attack the easiest and most obvious target.

Drinking Beverage

Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2013, 05:32 AM
(28-08-2013 01:18 AM)I and I Wrote:  Syria and Hezbollah should attack Israel now. oh wait, I meant that the west should start a war with Syria so Syria so that it's military and its friends in Lebanon can just sit by and not attack the easiest and most obvious target.

Drinking Beverage

Drinking Beverage

I think you should be abducted and given as a peace offering to the horny men of Herzbollah!

Maybe after a few rounds of rape they will be satiated enough for a few weeks of peace. Then maybe they will kill you for being gay since they fucked you and obviously you were asking for it.

Hope that happens, the sooner the better. For the good of humanity I pray. Amen.

God, if you really exist, please make this happen. Please smite this fuckwad. Please let him first be ass raped by a million prisoners without lube before he meets his end. I promise I'll believe. Just make him go away. Please.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
28-08-2013, 09:42 AM
I get some nice channels on my Facebook.
[Image: 1006346_556744641059971_1683240402_n.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like Luminon's post
28-08-2013, 09:49 AM
I don't give a shit what the Syrians do to each other. I also don't care what the Egyptians do to each other.

The US needs to learn the phrase - "it's not our fucking problem."
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
29-08-2013, 09:30 AM
I don't support war as a whole, which is odd for me to say since I'm in the Air Force, but I do support making the world a better place as a whole, I mean, I am an atheist and everything. Thumbsup I don't support a direct military attack on Syria, I believe we should like mentioned somewhere before have the UN handle it. Focus on helping the civilians instead of focusing on destroying the never ending enemy. There's downfalls to both sides, as I just read that Russia is very against the US attacking Syria. Either: A, we stand by and watch this bloody civil war continue to go on and more and more civilians die. Or, B, we do send in support for the civilians and attack Syria, and we cause more and more tension between the US and other countries that are against direct action. It's hard as a person who adores life as much as I do to sit back and watch chemical weapons be used to kill citizens, but that's the cruel reality of life. Some people are just evil in our eyes. But then again if we were brought up with their background of life we would think differently. That's why we to put humanity at the number 1 priority of our lives, many people talk about leaving a better planet for our kids, I think we should be leaving better kids for our planet. It starts and ends with us

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
29-08-2013, 10:54 AM
I have been watching my parliament earlier (they are still talking about it) who have been brought back early from their summer breaks. David Cameron has given in to views from the opposition (labour) about having two votes. Todays vote is to agree if rules have been broken with regards to the chemical assault itself. Due to labour's pressure there will then be another vote in a couple of days AFTER the UN have made their findings public from investigating the site. It is that vote that will decide if action needs to be taken by a consensual parliament.

What I find hope in is a large majority of MP's seem reluctant to intervene after what happened with Iraq, plus logically they wish to see full evidence of Assad's involvement and also have a breakdown of how lawful the UK's actions would be. Something which the coalition government has not provided in full yet.

They seem to match public opinion. That people don't want to kick off anymore in the middle east.

MP for Bradford, George Galloway in his speech mentioned that people think that China and Russia seem to be "unfairly" vetoing all actions to do with Syria at the UN meetings, he then mentioned how the US veto all actions to do with Israel and Palestine Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
29-08-2013, 12:57 PM
This idea that "we" should not get involved.... I think "we" have already passed go on that one.

It kind of depends what group of "we" you are in, but regardless, you have likely already passed the point of not getting involved.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
29-08-2013, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2013 03:45 PM by Julius.)
Take a look at the Photo below of Syria's President Assad and his Wife. Now...other than Jordan, tell me - show me - one other Mideast State where the President - or leader's - wife can go around dressed normally like that!

Let me tell ya' folks, Assad is no angel, but he's not a fuckin' 13th-century misogynist like the Rebels and their ilk. If Assad loses in Syria, the Alawites, Christians, Shiites - anybody not Sunni - is fucked: and the women will probably be literally fucked if they don't shut their mouths and do as they are told.

For this reason, I don't any upside in getting involved.

[Image: 0531_bashar-assad-wife-e1338479070156-624x453.jpg]
29-08-2013, 04:46 PM
(29-08-2013 03:42 PM)Julius Wrote:  Take a look at the Photo below of Syria's President Assad and his Wife. Now...other than Jordan, tell me - show me - one other Mideast State where the President - or leader's - wife can go around dressed normally like that!

Let me tell ya' folks, Assad is no angel, but he's not a fuckin' 13th-century misogynist like the Rebels and their ilk. If Assad loses in Syria, the Alawites, Christians, Shiites - anybody not Sunni - is fucked: and the women will probably be literally fucked if they don't shut their mouths and do as they are told.

For this reason, I don't any upside in getting involved.

[Image: 0531_bashar-assad-wife-e1338479070156-624x453.jpg]

Well, those in power, don't usually ask normal Americas for their opinion on getting involved, or what the public thinks the foreign policy should be. They check the polls, ask advisers what can be done, or they are completely unaccountable, secret and do what they want.

The military structure we have, the defense spending, the laws, the CIA, the FBI, the NSA, etc., the interest of those with the biggest influence is what matters.

The structure of authority is what it is. Your tax money, your votes, your support and/or lack of outrage all goes toward it, and once the decision is made by someone like Assad having to go/step down, which I sure was made a long time ago, it would take something dramatic in America to change the results. Sanctions will be applied, rebels will be armed, excuses will be made, action will eventually be taken, and Assad will have to fall.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
29-08-2013, 05:01 PM
[Image: 543909_10153219372315078_215174143_n.png]
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...t=1&ref=nf

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 3 users Like Hafnof's post