Syria and American Corruption

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2016, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2016 02:23 PM by Deltabravo.)
Syria and American Corruption
I watched this interview with Bashar Assad and it strikes me how misguided American policy is in the Near East. Here we have a Western educated monogamist member of a syncretic religion ie., not Islamic, saying that Syria respects all religions and sects. Up against the douche-bags who run Saudi Arabia, who are a bigamistic, misogynistic beheading bunch of ....you name it, he looks positively saintly.

So, why does America support the Saudis and other Middle Eastern creeps.

It's simple. The American government, and the British, who also support Saudi, have within their foreign service, defence procurement and diplomatic staff, people who have "gone native". Mohammed and Islam accept what we call government corruption as "OK". Mohammed received 10% of everyone's income as a form of tithe. Now, leaders of Islamic countries expect and do receive kick-backs on all government contracts they hand out. It's not corrupt because it is Islamic practice but the consequence of it is that nothing gets done properly in these countries. Everything is done badly, corners are cut, everyone is discouraged because the people doing the job are paid slave wages, and are mainly peasants from places like the Phillipines. The profit goes to companies who pay these bribes to government officials and to the officials.

Western diplomatic staff engage in this practice because it is expected of them. The organize contracts with western businesses and introduce Western businessmen to this culture and in exchange the diplomatic, procurement, consular staff get their cut as well. They arrange for alcohol to be brought into the country for Arab politician via their diplomatic allowances. They take payoffs from Arab businesses who for getting contracts to supply services to Western businesses and Westerners resident in the country. They are complicit at a personal level with the graft and corruption of their hosts.

Forget what politicians are saying in their own countries. They are fed information by corrupt diplomatic staff who are part of the corruption and make huge fortunes out of it, out of the country where no one can detect what they are doing.

Watch the video and then compare what you see to the Saudi head of state:

Wiki:

Panama Papers revelations[edit]
King Salman has been implicated in the Panama Papers leaks, with 2 companies originating in the British Virgin Isles taking mortgages in excess of US$34 million to purchase property in central London. His role has not been specified.[50][51] According to the TeleSUR, "King Salman’s net worth is estimated at US$17 billion."[50]

The Crown Prince Muhammad bin Nayef has also been named in association with the Papers.[52]

Influence[edit]
Salman was often a mediator in settling royal conflicts among the extended Al Saud family – estimated at 4,000 princes. He was a prominent figure of the royal council, which allowed him to select which princes will be delegated which responsibilities of the Kingdom.[7]

Salman and his family own a media group, including pan-Arab daily Asharq Al-Awsat and Al Eqtisadiah.[53][54] Though he owns only ten percent of the Saudi Research and Marketing Group (SRMG), he is often referred by auditors as its owner.[53] He reportedly controls the organization through his son Prince Faisal,[53] who is a former chairman of the concern. The SRMG publishes such daily papers as Arab News, Asharq Al-Awsat and Al Eqtisadiah through its subsidiary Saudi Research and Publishing Company (SRPC).[55]

In a similar vein, Salman is reported to have some strong alliances with significant journalists. He is said to be close to Al Arabiya TV director and Asharq Al-Awsat journalist Abdelrahman Al Rashid and to Othman Al Omeir, who launched and is the owner of the liberal e-newspaper Elaph. King Salman is thought to have connections with the Elaph website.[56]

Views[edit]
In November 2002, in reference to charitable organizations accused of terrorism (e.g. al-Haramain Foundation, Saudi High Commission for Relief of Bosnia and Herzegovina), Salman stated that he had personally taken part in the activities of such organizations,[57] but added "I know the assistance goes to doing good. But if there are those who change some work of charity into evil activities, then it is not the Kingdom's responsibility, nor its people, which helps its Arab and Muslim brothers around the world."[57]

Al Jazeera referred to Salman's views reported in a 2007 U.S. diplomatic cable.[58][59] Salman said that "the pace and extent of reforms depend on social and cultural factors, ... that for social reasons—not [religious] reasons—reforms cannot be imposed by the [Saudi government] or there will be negative reactions, ... [and] that changes have to be introduced in a sensitive and timely manner." According to the cable, he said that "democracy should not be imposed" in Saudi Arabia, since the country "is composed of tribes and regions and if democracy were imposed, each tribe and region would have its political party."[59]

WTF goes on in the USA that they side with fascist dictators who don't want people to have "political parties". Gee, that would be almost un-American, huh.

I would like to see Salman inteviewed about his bombing of Yemen. I suppose that again the Americans support Saudi because the Saudi's are putting down a popular revolution, like the American Revolution. Kindred spirits.

Sorry for the cynicism but I live here and this is some seriously f.cked up sh.t.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post
29-08-2016, 11:02 AM
RE: Syria and American Corruption
Anyone who has been following Russian politics and also has an interest in how Realpolitik works (an interest sparked after I first watched David Lean's Lawrence of Arabia many years ago) none of that comes as a surprise.

For a long time, the US has adopted the British Empire's MO of divide and conquer. Russia's objective is generally to support national stability on its borders.

(28-08-2016 02:20 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  ...
WTF goes on in the USA that they side with fascist dictators

For real? Don't be naive. It's oil. It's always oil.

His answers regarding the Trump or Clinton questions were pretty candid compared to for example, Lee Hsien Loong's answer to the same question.

Trump is a wild card whose experience is about making deals but knows jack-shit about foreign policy... he'll be willing to seek advice (probably from the wrong people).

Clinton might actually be worse given her almost neo-con track record ... her reaction to the death of Muammar Gaddafi was, I thought, revealing and troubling:

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
29-08-2016, 11:10 AM
At work.

Living incredibly far removed from such troubles my veiw is but a small one of anecdotal evidence as given by co-workers now 'Here' as oppose to 'There'.

A Dictator and Dictatorship is still much the same as living in an abusive relationship.

Yes, the power works, the schools are open, the shops are stocked...... but you never know when there will be a 'Trigger' and possibly you or your loved ones will simply disappear.

It is this terror I can but imagine and that people such as KerimF must bear day in and day out.

Sadcryface
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
30-08-2016, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2016 03:09 PM by Deltabravo.)
(29-08-2016 11:10 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Living incredibly far removed from such troubles my veiw is but a small one of anecdotal evidence as given by co-workers now 'Here' as oppose to 'There'.

A Dictator and Dictatorship is still much the same as living in an abusive relationship.

Yes, the power works, the schools are open, the shops are stocked...... but you never know when there will be a 'Trigger' and possibly you or your loved ones will simply disappear.

It is this terror I can but imagine and that people such as KerimF must bear day in and day out.

Sadcryface

Hmmm...

I used to live a long way from all this crap. Now I live a couple of hundred miles from it and we are suffering from a lot of blowback from it in our daily lives.

Where I live, is Muslim, but it might as well be somewhere in the US. The radios play Hoosier and Taylor Swift. People drive fancy cars, women wear high heels and men smoke, drink and screw around with prostitues, and gamble their family savings away. There's a lot of construction. Businesses thinking that this nightmare will end and things will just carry on. No one talks about terrorism or politics or the Syrian war, even though we have a coalition air base within an hour's drive. Nobody talks about Islam but everyone is a Muslim.

I say to people that it is probably ok in a lot of Syria. Most of the people live on the coast where life carries on. Isis control a lot of desert, a few cities, and a lot of small towns. They had control over oil export. That's about the size of it.

I know a lot of Syrians and they are just like Westerners. I don't really think that Assad is anything other than what he looks like in the video. He's no mad dictator. he's a westernized, ordinary guy in a country where a lot of people are Sunni's. But really, you can't even say they are religious zealots either. They are just the same as him, except they got involved with ISIS for financial reasons and they have used ISIS and its anti Assad rhetoric to whip up a lot of religious hatred against the man. I really don't know anymore. My whole perception of the Near and Middle East has changed since I came out here. I know these ISIS beheadings are awful but when you think about it, it's a media freak show. There are maybe a million people living in Mosul under ISIL control and they are all going out to work in cars, sleeping at night and getting food, water, electricity, gas for their cars, sending their kids to school. Same with Aleppo.

I think the only analogy would be if the Mafia took over a big chunk of territory and there was a lot of gang-land killing in some US big cities. Oh, shit, that happened didn't it?

Of course Syria is a shithole in many parts and a lot of the people in desert areas want to get out, and have left. It would be like a lot of Canadians thinking that the weather was f.cking awful and there were better jobs and moving to the US. Oh, shit, that happenened...

The thing is, that being here, and being in a place where the people are the same as they are in Syria, more Islamic, in fact, it's cool like the Fonz. I know a guy who lived in Beiruit through the war there and he said they went out to discos every night and no one noticed the war was going on.

I think there is a huge amount of politicking over this. I suspect if you lived in Syria in a government controlled area you would lead your life as normal.

That's what makes me think...

I remember as a kid my friends and I stood on the side of the road and threw snowballs at passing cars and then ran off. We thought we were clever and the cars seemed a long way a way and we could get away, until one guy stopped and caught me and told me off.

When I went back as an adult I realized the cars in the road were within my touching distance and my lack of appreciation that what I was doing was dangerous and stupid had to do with my perception, not reality.

Imagine you turn up in Damascus and you have a burger at a Macdonalds, stay at a Best Western Hotel, watch Housewives of New Jersey on TV and walk around a city where people dress in suits and drive BMW's and Mercs. You then look at the news and see that your own government is paying guys in turbans to kill each other out in some dirty outback towns.

And you realized that the only reason it isn't hugely embarrassing to anyone in the US is that no one else is there to see it besides you! And to the people back home, Syria looks like its a long way away, just like the cars I was throwing snowballs at.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
30-08-2016, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2016 04:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
He's such saint. Fuck.
Facepalm
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ju...ss-to-hear

Quote:Western diplomatic staff engage in this practice because it is expected of them. The organize contracts with western businesses and introduce Western businessmen to this culture and in exchange the diplomatic, procurement, consular staff get their cut as well. They arrange for alcohol to be brought into the country for Arab politician via their diplomatic allowances. They take payoffs from Arab businesses who for getting contracts to supply services to Western businesses and Westerners resident in the country. They are complicit at a personal level with the graft and corruption of their hosts.

Sure they do. Cuz you say so with no evidence. Right. Laugh out load .. Laugh out load
More whacked out garbage from db.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-08-2016, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2016 06:41 PM by Banjo.)
He buys Russian arms, not US. Were he to buy General Dynamics over Mig, it may very well change.

Oh, and oil.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-08-2016, 06:46 PM
(30-08-2016 03:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
Quote:Western diplomatic staff engage in this practice because it is expected of them. The organize contracts with western businesses and introduce Western businessmen to this culture and in exchange the diplomatic, procurement, consular staff get their cut as well. They arrange for alcohol to be brought into the country for Arab politician via their diplomatic allowances. They take payoffs from Arab businesses who for getting contracts to supply services to Western businesses and Westerners resident in the country. They are complicit at a personal level with the graft and corruption of their hosts.

Sure they do. Cuz you say so with no evidence. Right. Laugh out load .. Laugh out load

And every trainer and diplomat and business person that I know who has traveled to the region says the same thing. Likewise every émigré who I have met here.

It's simply how the world works. Diplomats get to know the local rules and use whatever tools are available to get their job done.

As does everyone in life.

Drinking Beverage

(30-08-2016 03:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
More whacked out garbage from db.

If you are not interested in what he has to say, why do you read it?

Huh

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-08-2016, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2016 03:22 PM by Deltabravo.)
My wife worked in defence procurement.................

Bucky, some things we learn through experience.

Read about Tony Blair and his suppression of BAE bribes with an Order in Council. There's no info about this because the government's involved have the power to hide these activities. The UK operates a program called the "Saudi Project" which is aimed at getting business for UK companies by bribing Saudi officials. Its run out of Ministry of Defence offices in East Kilbride Scotland.
31-08-2016, 03:12 PM
(31-08-2016 03:08 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  My wife worked in defence procurement.................

I am a member of the Defense Acquisition Corps. I didn't request it. I was assigned to it and my academic experience in accounting and economics means they didn't even have to ask.

#sigh
31-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Ask what??