Syria and Turkey.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Syria and Turkey.
I imagine everybody who follows the news has seen the recent event where Syria has shot down one of Turkeys fighter jets.

Syria have claimed that the fighter jet was of unknown origin and that it strayed very close into there airspace.

Turkey have claimed that the jet was easily identifiable as being one of theres and that it was shot down in international airspace.

Turkey have called a UN meeting under section 4 of the UN treaty which is to be held this tuesday coming (26/6/12)

Im sure a lot of people who I used to mix with in the conspiracy circles will be heralding this as the start of WW3...... I myself dont think that, however im sure the situation has the potential to turn quite nasty.

Some links from the UK mainstream about the situation.......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun...down-syria

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18568207

Be interesting to hear what the mainstream is saying about this in other countries if people can post some links.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2012, 06:44 PM
RE: Syria and Turkey.
Meh.
Syria was quick to say that yes they shot it down, they didn't try to cover it up.
And Turkey called in NATO rather then acting themselves, this will hardly lead to anything except maybe an apology and some compensation from Syria.

Turkey would gain nothing from going to war with Syria, war is expensive business unless you get something out of it and I doubt Turkey would gain anything out of it.

Plus WW3? comon. Both WW's were between major major world powers fighting eachother, Turkey is no longer the world power it was when it was the Ottoman Empire way back when, and Syria is just another Middle Eastern country.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
24-06-2012, 07:27 PM
What the hell was a Turkish plane doing there? Why did it have to go so near Syrian military positions when they know Syria is in war state? Why is anyone surprised that Syria shot down a plane that was (as they say) in their airspace? How can anyone be so ignorant and say Syria is just an Middle East country? Syria has allies, Turkey is a part of NATO, so that makes this a touchy situation. But I kinda have a feeling that the Turkey wanted to go probing a little bit so they got burned. Screw them, their army are assholes and they tend to cross different borders to kill some people for the last few decades, so draw your own conclusions.

Turkey sucks balls bigtime!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
24-06-2012, 07:43 PM
(24-06-2012 07:27 PM)Filox Wrote:  What the hell was a Turkish plane doing there? Why did it have to go so near Syrian military positions when they know Syria is in war state? Why is anyone surprised that Syria shot down a plane that was (as they say) in their airspace? How can anyone be so ignorant and say Syria is just an Middle East country? Syria has allies, Turkey is a part of NATO, so that makes this a touchy situation. But I kinda have a feeling that the Turkey wanted to go probing a little bit so they got burned. Screw them, their army are assholes and they tend to cross different borders to kill some people for the last few decades, so draw your own conclusions.

The Syrian government pretty much sucks worse.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Well I do think it has the potential to turn out quite nasty.

Turkey and Syria used to be close until the recent reports of atrocities going off in syria.......... now Turkey give refuge to the Free syria army (basicly rebels) on the twos borders.

Russia also side with syria and they could be a multitude of reasons behind this........ maybe its because of the russian naval base they have there........ maybe its to do with the £3.5 billion in arms deals they have completed..... maybe its just them defiantly sticking two fingers up at the west....... who knows???

Russia have vetoed previous actions against syria..... so they defo have an agenda somewhere.

If it wasnt for Russia I think the UN would of gone into Syria a long time ago to topple assan.

The same with Iran........ If Russia and China didnt have so much invested in energy over there arhminjad would of been gone a long time ago.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
24-06-2012, 09:04 PM
(24-06-2012 07:27 PM)Filox Wrote:  What the hell was a Turkish plane doing there? Why did it have to go so near Syrian military positions when they know Syria is in war state? Why is anyone surprised that Syria shot down a plane that was (as they say) in their airspace? How can anyone be so ignorant and say Syria is just an Middle East country? Syria has allies, Turkey is a part of NATO, so that makes this a touchy situation. But I kinda have a feeling that the Turkey wanted to go probing a little bit so they got burned. Screw them, their army are assholes and they tend to cross different borders to kill some people for the last few decades, so draw your own conclusions.

What? You think NATO countries like the US and Britain are going to go to war because of this incident? Don't be so delusional. The west doesn't give a fuck about Turkey and the politicians know this. Not to mention like I said, shit be expensive yo.
How unpopular would it be if America/Britain went to war with Turkey against Syria because Turkey was careless with one of their fighter jets? People would flip shit.

As for Syria, what allies? Russia? Big whoop.
Russian #1: *takes shot of Vodka*, "Hmm boys, it appears our British and American comrades have gone to war against our comrades Syria
Russian #2: *finishes bottle of vodka*, "What's your point?"
Russian #1: "So should we go to our Syrian comrades aid or just stay the fuck out?"
Russian #2: "Well is it not obvious Vladamir, we trade with Britain and the US and the rest of the EU for that matter, their economies are worth a shit load of money and without money we can't afford the good vodka. So do we risk being embargod from the American and EU markets, or do we risk being embargod from the Syrian market which I might add Syria is in the middle of a civil war and has pretty much gone to shit. And even if we stuck by Syria their market alone is not worth the US and EU markets"
Russian #1: "So what you are saying is that Earmuffs is right again and Filox is wrong?"
Russian #2: *Exactly. Vundabar!" *drinks vodka*
Russian #1: *drinks vodka*

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-06-2012, 03:55 AM
Yeah, Russia, Iran and China, no allies at all. Really, I think we can just bomb the whole place, no one will ever look back.

And if you didn't know, NATO has laws that they have to abide. If the laws are broken, actions must be taken. Nothing is done without some background and all the problems and actions are arranged in advance. If shit hits the fan, it is not because of one plane, it is because they all wanted that, so they just needed and excuse. In case of needing and excuse, only one plane is enough to start all sots of shits.

Personally, I don't think that anything will come out of this, but who are we to know their hidden agendas...

Vundabar is German, not Russian.

Zdrastvujte!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
25-06-2012, 05:01 AM
Taken from my first link provided (the guardian newspaper)

The foreign secretary, William Hague, said the "outrageous" act
underlined the need for Assad's regime to go. "My thoughts and
sympathies are with the families and friends of the missing Turkish
pilots. I have made clear to Foreign Minister Davutoglu the UK's strong
support for the Turkish government at this difficult time," he said in a
statement.

"The Assad regime should not make the mistake of
believing that it can act with impunity. It will be held to account for
its behaviour. The UK stands ready to pursue robust action at the United
Nations security council."

So it would seem that my countrys (uk) foreign spokesperson seems to be making it clear that they dont like this shit. Robust action might not neccesarily mean war........ but it may lead to further tougher sanctions on Syria on top of the ones allready in place.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-06-2012, 05:01 AM
(25-06-2012 03:55 AM)Filox Wrote:  Yeah, Russia, Iran and China, no allies at all. Really, I think we can just bomb the whole place, no one will ever look back.

And if you didn't know, NATO has laws that they have to abide. If the laws are broken, actions must be taken. Nothing is done without some background and all the problems and actions are arranged in advance. If shit hits the fan, it is not because of one plane, it is because they all wanted that, so they just needed and excuse. In case of needing and excuse, only one plane is enough to start all sots of shits.

Personally, I don't think that anything will come out of this, but who are we to know their hidden agendas...

Vundabar is German, not Russian.

Zdrastvujte!
China don't give a shit about Syria.

Invested money doesn't instantly mean alliance. China has invested money here too, doesn't mean we got their back in a fight or vise verser.
China has interests all over the world. Everywhere. South America, Africa, Asia, Oceania, EU, US. Everywhere.

China sure as fuck are not gonna come to Syria's aid. Think about it, Western countries go to war with Turkey against Syria, China goes to war against Western countries in defense of Syria. China looses all it's offshore markets instantly and for what? the Syrian market???

It's about money, it always is. Is this market worth going to war over? Hell no. Is this one worth protecting in favor of this? etc..
Russia, China don't give a flying fuck about Syria. If NATO went into Syria neither China or Russia would do a damn thing. They might sell weapons to the Syrian government but they themselves will not step in (ie: China v US). And even with the selling they'd be bloody careful.

As for NATO, there may be laws but countries don't have to abide by them. No countries are bound to anything. especially major players like the US. If NATO went to war and the US opted out nobody could do a damn thing about it.
These things are for small things and small things only. When the actions become big enough it's just not worth it any more.
ie: It might be worth doing an airstrike in order to stay in NATO, but war may not outweigh the benefits so you opt out.

And yea under certain circumstances a small catalyst is all that is needed in order for shit to really hit the fan. WW1 is a perfect example of that. In the grand scheme of things 1 person assassinated is a small action which resulted in millions upon millions of deaths.
But in the situation tensions were high, all it needed was a small action like that, giving Austria the excuse to invade Serbia it wanted.

But we're not talking about a situation like that, we're talking about a country quite frankly nobody important really gives a flying fuck about.
We don't even live in an age where major powers are at tension with each other. US, EU and China all getting along very very well. And considering each other rely on each other (globalization and all) to make money which is ultimately what it comes down to, I can't see another world war in our life times if not for the next 2-300 years+
Hell, even North Korea with this new fat leader guy seem to be softening around the edges. That was the only real tension between major powers but that seems to have somewhat sizzled out (I thank Starcraft II for that, Koreans love that shit and apparently the NK leader is no exception).

Perhaps, at the extreme, at the very very very most; Turkey will go to war with the rebels against the Syrian government and Iran will honor their 1979 (yes I did look that shit up) alliance and go to war with Syria against Turkey.
So you'll end up with Turkey + 50% of Syria v Iran + 50% of Syria (Now there's a fight). Then perhaps NATO (pretty likely I'd say actually) would side with Turkey and so you'd end up finally with Turkey + 50% of Syria + NATO forces v Iran + 50% of Syria.
Which is still a long way off from being a world war.

And because Iran I suspect would rather not go to war against NATO and it's neighbor Turkey and Turkey I suspect would rather not be at war with Iran. Then I suspect that that situation would not happen, especially from this incident.

Why the fuck is Turkey even in NATO? I get the impression Turkey is using this "going to NATO" as a scare thing more then anything.

25-06-2012, 05:03 AM
(25-06-2012 05:01 AM)bemore Wrote:  Taken from my first link provided (the guardian newspaper)

The foreign secretary, William Hague, said the "outrageous" act
underlined the need for Assad's regime to go. "My thoughts and
sympathies are with the families and friends of the missing Turkish
pilots. I have made clear to Foreign Minister Davutoglu the UK's strong
support for the Turkish government at this difficult time," he said in a
statement.

"The Assad regime should not make the mistake of
believing that it can act with impunity. It will be held to account for
its behaviour. The UK stands ready to pursue robust action at the United
Nations security council."

So it would seem that my countrys (uk) foreign spokesperson seems to be making it clear that they dont like this shit. Robust action might not neccesarily mean war........ but it may lead to further tougher sanctions on Syria on top of the ones allready in place.
I'm sure what they mean is airstrikes like what they did in Lybia, which they probably should be doing anyway.

And anyway about it, it's still only confined to Syria at this point.