Syria and Turkey.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: Syria and Turkey.
(26-06-2012 08:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  Turkey PM Erdogan issues Syria border warning
Turkey says its military rules of engagement have changed after Syria shot down a Turkish plane that strayed into its territory.

PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan told parliament that if Syrian troops
approached Turkey's borders, they would be seen as a military threat.

Meanwhile Nato has expressed its condemnation of syrias attack as well as strong support for Turkey.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18584872
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun...etaliation
Meh....we ain't doing anything so long as the Ruskies are stationed at Tartus. But don't be surprised if a few more things go boom as a result of special ops. The spooks are out in full force from a lot of different sources--Turkey being one of them, but also the US, UK, Saudis, and Qatar. Jordan can't be completely silent here either considering the recent defection and loss of the fighter jet plus pilot to Jordan.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2012, 12:34 AM
(26-06-2012 08:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  Turkey PM Erdogan issues Syria border warning
Turkey says its military rules of engagement have changed after Syria shot down a Turkish plane that strayed into its territory.

Ahhhh, you see, now we are coming to the right words. A "plane that strayed into its territory" is the key here. Tell me, do you think there is any other country that would allow foreign planes to fly over it's territory just like that? Didn't I told you that the Turkey is to blame here and that Syria just defended it's airspace? That plane was there intentionally and it was shut down for a reason, justified. Of course, NATO will not act upon anything, once they all confirm that Turkey was in Syria's space. Fucking provokers.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-06-2012, 02:25 AM
(27-06-2012 12:34 AM)Filox Wrote:  

Ahhhh, you see, now we are coming to the right words. A "plane that strayed into its territory" is the key here. Tell me, do you think there is any other country that would allow foreign planes to fly over it's territory just like that? Didn't I told you that the Turkey is to blame here and that Syria just defended it's airspace? That plane was there intentionally and it was shut down for a reason, justified. Of course, NATO will not act upon anything, once they all confirm that Turkey was in Syria's space. Fucking provokers.
I don't suspect foreign countries would just shot down any foreign plane in their territory.

There's usually a set of guidelines or at least a bit of common sense.

You know, the whole "yo man, what you doing in our air space?"

Until the black box is recovered/made public containing any communication between jet and ground, I'm with Turkey on this one. You don't just shot down a jet because it's in foreign airspace, especially considering the countries aren't even at war.
Any way you look at it, unless sufficient communication from ground crew repetitively warned the jet and the jet did not comply, Syria is at fault.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
27-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Oh really? Even if your country is at war for some time? You really think that countries in WAR act the same as ... let's say Canada, that is not at war?

Syria is at war, it has been for some time now, the situation is very tense not only in Syria, but in the whole neighbourhood. Now tell me, why would anyone make such a retarded error to go over a country that is on Red Alert and is ready to shoot first, ask questions never?

I am asking this if we presume that the Turkeys plane was in Syria's airspace. If it was not, then the story changes quite a bit. But if it were, there is no excuse.

Also, one other question comes to my mind... F-4 plane, the one that was shot down, what do you people think, what kind of navigation system does it use? Does the pilot have to use sextant in one hand and a map in other hand? Because that is the only way one can make an error and fly over some other country. Your GPS on your mobile phone is precise in 10 meters and less, so how is it possible for a plane with advanced radars and guiding systems to make such an error?

Nigga please...

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
27-06-2012, 03:24 AM
(27-06-2012 02:35 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh really? Even if your country is at war for some time? You really think that countries in WAR act the same as ... let's say Canada, that is not at war?

Syria is at war, it has been for some time now, the situation is very tense not only in Syria, but in the whole neighbourhood. Now tell me, why would anyone make such a retarded error to go over a country that is on Red Alert and is ready to shoot first, ask questions never?

I am asking this if we presume that the Turkeys plane was in Syria's airspace. If it was not, then the story changes quite a bit. But if it were, there is no excuse.

Also, one other question comes to my mind... F-4 plane, the one that was shot down, what do you people think, what kind of navigation system does it use? Does the pilot have to use sextant in one hand and a map in other hand? Because that is the only way one can make an error and fly over some other country. Your GPS on your mobile phone is precise in 10 meters and less, so how is it possible for a plane with advanced radars and guiding systems to make such an error?

Nigga please...

Smile
Are the Syrian rebels using fighter jets now?
I was under the impression they barely had AKs let alone fighter jets.

Admittedly I don't know much about the situation.

27-06-2012, 04:21 AM
Who said that Syria uses planes? Maybe they even have some, but this F-4 from Turkey was shut down by Syrian ground to air defence missile. Or something similar, but it was Russian equipment certainly.

Smile

The Russians shut down USA's plane...

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
27-06-2012, 05:33 AM
(27-06-2012 04:21 AM)Filox Wrote:  Who said that Syria uses planes? Maybe they even have some, but this F-4 from Turkey was shut down by Syrian ground to air defence missile. Or something similar, but it was Russian equipment certainly.

Smile

The Russians shut down USA's plane...

Big Grin
You implied Syria used planes.

You said they shot them down because they are at war but if the rebels don't have fighter jets then why shoot down fighter jets if it's obvious it's not the rebels. So if the rebels don't have fighter jets then your argument is invalid.
And now you say Syria doesn't have fighter jets period? That just makes it worst.

28-06-2012, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2012 05:39 AM by Filox.)
So? If you are at war, you do not want any planes flying over you. That plane can by an American spy plane that supports the rebels and will give them info they need, or it could by Turkey's plane that wants to spy on your ground troop movements, or it could be German plane that wants to ... do anything that a country in war does not want. When you fight in a war, you are paranoid and you shoot first ask questions later, or never.

Who knows, maybe Syria doesn't even have the equipment to call the Turkish plane, so they just shot him, just to be on the safe side.

I blame Turkey for this because they know about the situation in Syria, they know about the paranoia that surrounds most of the Middle East countries and still they allowed a "mistake" like this to occur? They should know better. This time they paid with one plane and maybe with 2 pilots, but their whining and calling out can bring them and us a lot, lot more troubles.

If they apologize to Syria and admit their mistake, then this can cool down. If they press the NATO action, then all kind of new shits can come out and nobody wants more shit, we have shits floating around all the time...

P.S.

As for Syria and her planes... I have no idea do they have planes, but I'm pretty sure that the rebels have no planes.

Also, Turkey and Syria have a long history of not liking each other...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria#Syria...28Hatay.29

-Hunter S. Thompson
28-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Exactly, it will be a foreign plane.
Generally when you shoot down foreign shit that foreign shits owner gets pissed off.

And why have AA missiles but no radios? Its all done on frequency, you could use a commercial radio ffs.

This shot first ask questions later will get you into trouble and is exactly what has happened.

Plus they still haven't confirmed if it was even over Syrian air space. Last I herd it was international air space.

29-06-2012, 03:02 AM
Mah, I don't trust anyone anymore. Not even you...

And of course they will say it was international space, as it is normal that Syria is going to say it was Syria's space. This can be confirmed very easy, but it appears that both sides like to keep it like this, status quo with very high tensions...

-Hunter S. Thompson