Syria and Turkey.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2012, 04:34 AM
RE: Syria and Turkey.
Recently there was intelligence that a Russian transport ship was taking refurbished attack helicopters and air defense systems to syria....... somehow (logistically wise I dont see how) the ship came close to the UK and it had its insurance removed and had to stop.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...yria.html#

What is known is that turkey give refuge to the syrian rebels on the border of the two countries....... turkey have now said that anything military near the borders will be seen as a threat. I would imagine this has given a morale boost to the rebels as they now to a certain degree have backup on the border. Consider

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2012, 11:26 PM
RE: Syria and Turkey.
(30-06-2012 04:34 AM)bemore Wrote:  Recently there was intelligence that a Russian transport ship was taking refurbished attack helicopters and air defense systems to syria....... somehow (logistically wise I dont see how) the ship came close to the UK and it had its insurance removed and had to stop.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...yria.html#

What is known is that turkey give refuge to the syrian rebels on the border of the two countries....... turkey have now said that anything military near the borders will be seen as a threat. I would imagine this has given a morale boost to the rebels as they now to a certain degree have backup on the border. Consider

"A Russian ship believed to be carrying helicopters and missiles for Syria has
been effectively stopped in its tracks off the coast of Scotland"

*looks at map*

WTF!?

Completely off topic but can I just say that that ship is exactly the type I want to own. A small Feeder with the cranes and everything (doesn't have to have the cranes but they usually come with cranes), can hold like 500 containers. Not as much as the New Panamax or Ultra Large classes with their 12,000ish and 14,000+ish respectfully container limit. But hey, I can't afford one of those (well, not that I can even afford the $5million for a Feeder but still) and you gotta start somewhere right.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How are those Alqaeda freedom fighters doing in Syria? I and I 26 1,037 12-11-2013 09:39 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  How to get away with a War Crime. Syria edition. Revenant77x 12 477 06-11-2013 09:40 PM
Last Post: I and I
  alqaeda declares war on other jihadists factions in Syria I and I 3 250 13-09-2013 02:57 PM
Last Post: Stark Raving
  Who isn't laying the pipe tonight in Syria? I and I 6 289 12-09-2013 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chas
  The classified report on Syria that congress saw. I and I 1 173 09-09-2013 08:26 PM
Last Post: BryanS
  The Final Verdict on Syria Tartarus Sauce 2 209 06-09-2013 08:26 AM
Last Post: KidCharlemagne1962
  What will happen to Israel when Syria is attacked? I and I 6 300 01-09-2013 11:19 PM
Last Post: I and I