Syrian Government Atrocities: 13,000 secretly hanged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Syrian Government Atrocities: 13,000 secretly hanged
This is why 50% of Syria's 22 million people are refugees:

CNN

Quote:CNN) — Thousands of people have been hanged at a Syrian prison in a secret crackdown on dissent by the regime of Bashar al-Assad, a report by Amnesty International has alleged.

The human rights group says up to 13,000 people have been executed at Saydnaya prison north of the capital Damascus in a "hidden" campaign authorized by senior regime figures.

Amnesty's report, Human slaughterhouse, says prisoners are moved in the middle of the night from their cells under the pretext of being transferred. They are taken to the grounds of the prison, where they are hanged, likely unaware of their fate until they feel the noose around their neck, Amnesty alleges.

Human Slaughterhouse

Quote:“They kept them [hanging] there for 10 to 15 minutes. Some didn’t die because they are light. For the young ones, their weight wouldn’t kill them. The officers’ assistants would pull them down and break their necks,” said a former judge who witnessed the hangings.

People suck.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 09:33 AM
RE: Syrian Government Atrocities: 13,000 secretly hanged
omg- that's horrifying... How the fuck are there people who are this terrible? Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
07-02-2017, 09:40 AM
You'd be surprised what desperate minds can do if you haven't witnessed it before. And even those who are genuinely disgusted by it can, in the right context, quickly be compelled to do the same things themselves. At this point I don't even bat an eye at it anymore. Just people doing what people have historically always been prone to doing outside of a few fortunate (usually temporary) first world bubbles.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
07-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Damn, forgive my cursing, but that's horrible.

I'm sitting here listening to my parents talk about the same thing. Not the hanging, but about the refugees. The stupid is contagiouse.

Mom: They only just found out all of them can barely read and write in their own language, let alone in English.

Me *Thinking: Well no duh, education there is only for a very selected high in power and with the money, and women are not allowed to learn.

Granddad: Well that's because they want to come here and teach Sheri Law to us.

Me: *thinking* Where the heck did that come in?!

Help me! I'm trapped with christian conservative republicans!

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
07-02-2017, 04:55 PM
I believe this is likely propaganda. Most of the reports on this story are less than a day old. Yet it claims that these incidents have been going on for the past five years, despite the fact that they've been reporting on the prison since at least August of last year, claiming brutal torture techniques, which may or may not be true. It seems rather odd then that these incidents are just now being reported just as the Syrian government, Russia, Turkey, and ISIS have formed a cease-fire agreement and are discussing peace.
07-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Celestial Wonder arguing against a conspiracy. It's the seventh sign.

Western governments have little desire to get involved in Syria, especially now that Russia is so entrenched. Keeping these attrocities out of the news reduces public pressure to actually do something. I suspect that Amnesty's estimates are overblown, they typically are, but if you think that Assad isn't doing this then you haven't been paying attention. The man's a genocidal lunatic and the human race would benefit from a bullet between his eyes.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
07-02-2017, 06:53 PM
(07-02-2017 06:44 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Celestial Wonder arguing against a conspiracy. It's the seventh sign.

Western governments have little desire to get involved in Syria, especially now that Russia is so entrenched. Keeping these attrocities out of the news reduces public pressure to actually do something. I suspect that Amnesty's estimates are overblown, they typically are, but if you think that Assad isn't doing this then you haven't been paying attention. The man's a genocidal lunatic and the human race would benefit from a bullet between his eyes.

Just as the western government had little desire to get involved in Libya? That's why they bombed the shit out of Gaddafi's forces. You are right though, they won't dare do the same in Syria ever since Putin beat them to the plate.

I used to pay close attention to the conspiracy lanes on syria actually. Many believe that the atrocities attributed to Assad were actually committed by the rebels or in some instances, Turkey.

Have you ever thought that you being led to believe Assad was a genocidal maniac was a ruse to drum up support for action by you and others? Others have said the same thing about Gaddafi and Hussein are their nations now any better without them?

Also about it being a 'conspiracy'

All conspiracies are propaganda, but not all propaganda are conspiracies.
07-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Heart RE: Syrian Government Atrocities: 13,000 secretly hanged
(07-02-2017 06:53 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Have you ever thought that you being led to believe Assad was a genocidal maniac was a ruse to drum up support for action by you and others? Others have said the same thing about Gaddafi and Hussein are their nations now any better without them?

I think the more likely reality is that all sides involved committed atrocities.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
07-02-2017, 07:46 PM
(07-02-2017 07:33 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 06:53 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Have you ever thought that you being led to believe Assad was a genocidal maniac was a ruse to drum up support for action by you and others? Others have said the same thing about Gaddafi and Hussein are their nations now any better without them?

I think the more likely reality is that all sides involved committed atrocities.

That is a lot easier thing to live with than saying 'we're the bad guys'.
07-02-2017, 07:48 PM
(07-02-2017 09:33 AM)Emma Wrote:  omg- that's horrifying... How the fuck are there people who are this terrible? Angry

Just don't ever think the other side is such a bunch of virgins.

CAUTION: Don't click on this link if you don't want to see the photos.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/gra...st-aleppo/

Quote:Rebels massacre over 100 hostages before leaving east Aleppo

Quote:The photos above were released by pro-government journalists reporting from eastern Aleppo – the soldiers have not yet been identified.

Some reports indicate that a large number of the executed soldiers were beheaded before the jihadist rebels left; this could not be verified by Al-Masdar.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post