Syrian Government Atrocities: 13,000 secretly hanged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2017, 10:35 PM
RE: Syrian Government Atrocities: 13,000 secretly hanged
(07-02-2017 10:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 09:02 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  If this is a case of propaganda, which I believe it is, then you showing me the other stories on the website where this originated from would not be considered by me to be anything but potential propaganda.

Also an incredibly easy way to deceive yourself as not being able to be held responsible for the actions of ones government.

I'll take non-falsifiable for $1000, Alex.

Oh please, I bet you're still one of those people who thinks fluoride isn't detrimental to their psychological health. Your kind disgusts me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2017, 02:13 AM
Flouride?! Laugh out load

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
08-02-2017, 02:32 AM
(07-02-2017 10:08 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 09:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You shouldn't brush this off as "oh yea, but I'm sure the other side does bad shit too so whatever".
It doesn't matter what anyone else has done, 13,000 people have been executed because they were believed to oppose the government or whatever.

It doesn't matter if the other side butchers 26,000 orphaned children with a spoon, it doesn't take away that 13,000 people were killed.
If the other side commits atrocities, that's a separate issue.

That 13,000 people have potentially been killed. Given how recent this report is, I'm guessing that the people on this beloved green earth haven't exactly had the time to cross check its authenticity.

But no if you want to jump on that lynch wagon you go right on ahead. I mean hell you fellows already lynched Saddam and Gaddafi... but somehow Netanyahu still remains I mean if we're talking about individuals who are genocidal oppressors...

All of you seem to have a very poor understanding of political science.

Your armchair criticism vs a report from people who've carried out a detailed investigation. Guess which I'm gonna believe? You imbecile.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
09-02-2017, 07:45 PM
(07-02-2017 09:02 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  If this is a case of propaganda, which I believe it is...
I know you are not a big fan of evidence and don't like to use it in your arguments but do you have any actual EVIDENCE to show that the report is flawed or in some way not accurate, to such a degree as to justify your labeling it as "propaganda"?

Or is that the folder you slam any atrocity that wasn't committed by the US government? Can't harm your precious narrative now can we?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
09-02-2017, 08:48 PM
(07-02-2017 10:35 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 10:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'll take non-falsifiable for $1000, Alex.

Oh please, I bet you're still one of those people who thinks fluoride isn't detrimental to their psychological health. Your kind disgusts me.

Are you the president of your John Birch chapter? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Okay so I read the OP, saw CW popped his head in and the blah began.

In case anyone missed it CW, this war had been ongoing since the wall went up. And before that back to Ferdinand.

The world's in turmoil. Let's see, we'll go back 100 years.

The third year of The Great War.

1817. Loads of empire building going on.

1453. Ottomans defeat Rome.

1217. Mongolian rampage. Mass genocides.

216 BC. Punic wars. Rome loses 90,000 troops in 2 battles over 2 weeks. Genocide of a 1000 year old empire.

History is replete with these events. The palace intrigues behind them make no matter. They happened.

It's all one giant cycle of violence. Now there are more humans, the cycle has grown. I expect it will continue to keep doing so.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
09-02-2017, 10:37 PM
(07-02-2017 10:35 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  please, I bet you're still one of those people who thinks fluoride isn't detrimental to their psychological health. Your kind disgusts me.

[Image: f9d031e5ece3cef14379307bdb0293e61225f697...0d066a.jpg]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
10-02-2017, 07:07 AM
(07-02-2017 10:35 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 10:19 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'll take non-falsifiable for $1000, Alex.

It's a good thing your opinion doesn't mean shit to me, then.

Hopefully you'll learn critical-thinking skills one day. Your education is not my responsibility ... thankfully. Talk about a tough goddamned job.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
10-02-2017, 07:23 AM
(07-02-2017 09:40 AM)yakherder Wrote:  You'd be surprised what desperate minds can do if you haven't witnessed it before. And even those who are genuinely disgusted by it can, in the right context, quickly be compelled to do the same things themselves. At this point I don't even bat an eye at it anymore. Just people doing what people have historically always been prone to doing outside of a few fortunate (usually temporary) first world bubbles.

It's a hard pill to swallow but true. If you're human and you want to see a monster, look in the mirror.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
10-02-2017, 08:56 AM
(10-02-2017 07:23 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 09:40 AM)yakherder Wrote:  You'd be surprised what desperate minds can do if you haven't witnessed it before. And even those who are genuinely disgusted by it can, in the right context, quickly be compelled to do the same things themselves. At this point I don't even bat an eye at it anymore. Just people doing what people have historically always been prone to doing outside of a few fortunate (usually temporary) first world bubbles.

It's a hard pill to swallow but true. If you're human and you want to see a monster, look in the mirror.

Why do you think we condemn it so strongly? Not everyone enjoys abyss-gazing.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.