System of a Down?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Rainbow System of a Down?
I am a huge fan of this band, I was wondering if there are others on this forum that enjoy their music.

My favorite song is Tentative but there are many others, it varies from day to day on which one I want to listen to.
Soldier Side is a masterpiece!

They are currently a broken up band, still friends though.

Serj Tankian has some solo stuff that is really amazing, especially his orchestra he sings with.

Their songs are laced with religious themes some times, but I really couldn't care less because the music just sounds good.

Some people think they are pretentious, but they have obviously never met Serj Tankian or any of the members for that matter.

I spoke to Serj on skype a while ago, he is AWESOME!

I told him that I'm an atheist so I really don't have any belief in the supernatural.

We discussed origins of life and the such, it was very enlightening because his views were never apparent to me.

But I still can't believe that he responded to my message and let me speak with him.

I will suggest their music until the day I drop dead, live on!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
14-12-2012, 03:29 AM
RE: System of a Down?
(13-12-2012 08:49 PM)UndercoverAtheist Wrote:  I am a huge fan of this band, I was wondering if there are others on this forum that enjoy their music.

My favorite song is Tentative but there are many others, it varies from day to day on which one I want to listen to.
Soldier Side is a masterpiece!

They are currently a broken up band, still friends though.

Serj Tankian has some solo stuff that is really amazing, especially his orchestra he sings with.

Their songs are laced with religious themes some times, but I really couldn't care less because the music just sounds good.

Some people think they are pretentious, but they have obviously never met Serj Tankian or any of the members for that matter.

I spoke to Serj on skype a while ago, he is AWESOME!

I told him that I'm an atheist so I really don't have any belief in the supernatural.

We discussed origins of life and the such, it was very enlightening because his views were never apparent to me.

But I still can't believe that he responded to my message and let me speak with him.

I will suggest their music until the day I drop dead, live on!
I like them (well, more when I was a bit younger); haven't listened to all their stuff, but do enjoy some of their songs.

Leonard Cohen uses an abundance of religious imagery, but I still love him to death.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
14-12-2012, 05:33 AM
Roger Waters (ex Pink Floyd) His lyrics are some of the most poignant I have ever heard. Amused to death and Every Strangers Eyes should be a "must listen to" for everyone with an inquiring mind. Once you have heard these you will want to hear more of his stuff.
[+] 1 user Likes Why?'s post
14-12-2012, 08:42 AM
I went through a major SOAD phase a few years ago. I really don't listen to them at all anymore - simply because they take me back to those days and all memories associated with them. Still, I can't deny that they're a good band. Quirky, yet heavy and (at times) even pretty powerful. Serj's solo stuff is awesome as well. I like his melody outside of System's funky sound.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Thumbs Up RE: System of a Down?
Actually, System of a Down is my favorite band and Serj is my favorite musician. They're so unique and never get old. But at the same time, they're brutal. \m/ Metal lives.

Crazy you spoke with him. Dang that's cool! Are you sure it was him?

Better to be hungry and free than fed and in chains.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Fast slow fast slow there okay cool message! but they need some new formulas 4/4 time and fast slow repeat gets old
24-01-2013, 10:28 PM
[Image: Syndrome+of+a+Down+syndromeofadown701372.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
24-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Spiders was and is the absolute shit. I play guitar in a band and refuse to use very many effects.
Clean, clean with delay and distortion. If you can't make good music with the essentials, then you can't make good music. SOAD was epic in their simplicity and originality. I have many a fond memory if getting stoned and country cruising to system. It's been a while.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street