Szuchow guide to tasty food.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2017 08:19 AM by Szuchow.)
Szuchow guide to tasty food.
Decided to share recipes that I found worthy of doing so:

Adżapsandali

- 1 eggplant
- 1 big potato
- 1 big tomato
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chili
- 1 or 2 bay leafs
- coriander - 1 spoon
- dill - 1 spoon
- basil - 2 spoons
- parsley - 2 spoons
- salt and pepper

Cut potato and eggplant into slices, tomato, onion and garlic into dices. Put onion and potato into frying pan and fry it for 3 to 5 minutes, then add eggplant, tomato, salt and bay leaf and fry it under lid for about 15 minutes. Add little water if necessary. After 15 minutes add basil and rest of herbs, garlic, chili and pepper. Fry 5 minutes more.

You could also use fresh herbs instead of spices.

Ajłazan

- 1 eggplant
- 2 potatoes
- 1 paprika
- 2 big tomatoes
- half glass of green beans
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- about 1 teaspoon of basil, parsley and savory per layer
- salt and pepper

Cut eggplant, garlic and potato into dices, paprika into post, onion and tomato into slices. Cut the ends of bean if you don't use one from jar. Pour little oil to pot and make first layer from potatoes. Then add salt, pepper, garlic and other spices - repeat this procedure after each layer. Another layer should be bean, next eggplant, than paprika, then tomato and lastly onion. Pour little oil on top and add less than 1/4 of glass of water. Cover the pot and cook it for 15 to 20 minutes.

Chickpeas with paprika

- red parpika - 1
- yellow paprika - half
- chili - 1
- onion - 1
- garlic - 2 teeth
- chickpeas - about 200g
- balsamic vinegar - 2 or 3 teaspoons
- oregano - 3/4 of a teaspoon
- salt, pepper

Onion, garlic and chili come first, after minute or two add paprika and oregano, then after 14 minutes of keeping frying pan under lid on small fire add chickpeas, vinegar, salt and pepper and fry 3 to 4 minutes more.

Green bean with eggs and ajvar

- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 300g of tomatoes
- 2 or 3 spoons of ajvar
- 2 or 3 eggs
- 150g of green beans, marinated one
- 1 teaspoon of oregano and 0.5 teaspoon of chili
- salt and pepper

Cut tomatoes, onion and garlic into dices. Fry onion and garlic for 3 minutes then add tomatoes, ajvar and oregano. Let it simmer for 15 minutes then add beans, salt, pepper and chili. Add eggs and fry it till you deem eggs ready.

Oyster mushrooms tripe soup

- 200/250g of oyster mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley
- 1 leek: only white part
- 2 cloves of garlic
- light soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 tea spoon of ginseng
- marjoram
- smoked paprika spice
- pepper
- salt
- chicken bouillon cube (optionally)

Grate carrot and parsley, cut onion and garlic into dices, leek into rings, and mushrooms into slices. Start frying leek, onion and garlic. After 3 to 4 minutes add carrot and parsley and fry it 3 minutes more. During frying add soy sauce. After it's done put vegetables in pot and fry mushrooms while adding to them paprika, pepper and soy sauce. After 3 to 4 minutes put them into pot and add 0.4 to 0.5l of water. Start cooking it and when it start boiling cook it on small fire for about 15 to 20 minutes. In the meantime add paprika, soy sauce, marjoram and pepper. You also may add bouillon cube if you fear that dish would be bland. Best to taste before adding I guess.

Saksuka

- 1 onion
- 2 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- half eggplant
- half of green paprika
- half can of canned tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- parsley and chili
- salt and pepper

Cut everything into dices. Fry onion for 3 minutes, add potato and carrot and fry it for 5 to 8 minutes, then add eggplant and paprika and fry it for 5 minutes more. If needed add more oil. Add tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper and let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. In the meantime add chili and parsley.

Tażin

- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- half chili pepper
- 200g of canned tomatoes
- 250g of pumpkin, may be fresh, I used marinated one
- 15g of cranberry
- glass of chicken broth
- half teaspoon of coriander, 1 teaspoon of kumin, 1/3 teaspoon of turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon of cardamon
- salt and pepper

Cut garlic, onion and pumpkin into dices, chili into little slices. Fry garlic, onion and chili for about 3 minutes then add all spices except for salt and pepper and fry it for 30 seconds more, then add broth and tomatoes. Let it simmer for 15 minutes then add pumpkin and cranberry. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.

Tomato pancakes

- 0.5 kg of tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- few basil leafs cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon of mint, 2 teaspoons of dill, 1 teaspoon of oregano
- half glass of wheat flour
- salt and pepper

Peel tomatoes and cut them into little dices. Do the same with garlic and onion. Put them into bowl and add all spices, mix it then add flour and mix it while adding. Half glass should be enough, maybe little more or little less. Fry them on the pan till they will be ruddy on both sides.

Fried eggplant with broad bean

- half eggplant
- can of broad bean
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- spoon or little more of balsamic vinegar
- teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of parsley and dill (spices, not fresh ones)
- 0.5 teaspoon of oregano
- salt and pepper

Cut everything into small dices. First fry onion and garlic for about 3 minutes, then add eggplant and fry it for 2 minutes more. Add tomatoes and then sugar, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. After about 10 minutes of simmering add broad bean, parsley and dill. Then wait for 5 minutes more and it's ready. If necessary add water during simmering.

White sausage with red onion and red wine

- 400g of red onion
- 1 white sausage
- 1/4 glass of dry red wine
- 2 spoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- salt and pepper

Cut onion into half rings and fry it on small fire for 10 to 15 minutes. Add wine, vinegar and thyme then fry it for 15 minutes more. Add salt, pepper and honey and fry it for 3 minutes more. White sausage should be fried on another frying pan.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Szuchow's post
24-03-2017, 08:17 AM
RE: Szuchow guide to tasty food.
Eggplant - when I was in Rumania, a lady gave us some eggplant dish she made and it was heavenly. I have never seen it again, and I tried to make something like it and never succeeded.

I am not even sure if it was a side dish or a dip - we used it as a dip for bread sticks because that was what we had on hand.

It was creamy and smooth and primarily eggplant. I did taste some onion in there, and I think some yellow paprika and lemon? It was not spicy, but it had a flavor all of it's own. It was very rich and smooth.

Any ideas what this might have been? It's been like 30 years since I had this and it's still on my mind, it was that good.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-03-2017, 08:27 AM
(24-03-2017 08:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Eggplant - when I was in Rumania, a lady gave us some eggplant dish she made and it was heavenly. I have never seen it again, and I tried to make something like it and never succeeded.

I am not even sure if it was a side dish or a dip - we used it as a dip for bread sticks because that was what we had on hand.

It was creamy and smooth and primarily eggplant. I did taste some onion in there, and I think some yellow paprika and lemon? It was not spicy, but it had a flavor all of it's own. It was very rich and smooth.

Any ideas what this might have been? It's been like 30 years since I had this and it's still on my mind, it was that good.

From what I looked it could be some variant of ajvar where paprika is added, but not lemon. In Greek melitzanosalata there is lemon but no paprika and Baba ghanoush looks kinda same with only trace of paprika being chili spice.

I found some allegedly Romanian recipes but there was no paprika in them.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-03-2017, 08:32 AM
(24-03-2017 08:27 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 08:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Eggplant - when I was in Rumania, a lady gave us some eggplant dish she made and it was heavenly. I have never seen it again, and I tried to make something like it and never succeeded.

From what I looked it could be some variant of ajvar where paprika is added, but not lemon. In Greek melitzanosalata there is lemon but no paprika and Baba ghanoush looks kinda same with only trace of paprika being chili spice.

I should check into all of these then, my memory of the taste may be wrong, it's been a long time. I doubt it was Greek, I probably would have come across it, I spent a lot of time there at a later date. The lady was a local farmer and I doubt she had travelled...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-03-2017, 08:35 AM
Thank you Smile
24-03-2017, 08:40 AM
I can't even pronounce half of those.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-03-2017, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2017 08:46 AM by Szuchow.)
(24-03-2017 08:32 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 08:27 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  From what I looked it could be some variant of ajvar where paprika is added, but not lemon. In Greek melitzanosalata there is lemon but no paprika and Baba ghanoush looks kinda same with only trace of paprika being chili spice.

I should check into all of these then, my memory of the taste may be wrong, it's been a long time. I doubt it was Greek, I probably would have come across it, I spent a lot of time there at a later date. The lady was a local farmer and I doubt she had travelled...

Quick google search came up with nothing, but it could be dish so local that it doesn't made it into internet.

My guess would be on some variation of ajvar with lemon added.

(24-03-2017 08:40 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I can't even pronounce half of those.

[Honest East European smile appear on Szuchow lips] Cause, you know, misery of someone else is best reason for such smile. Comes with not having other reasons I guess.

Cool

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
24-03-2017, 08:42 AM
These sound delicious. Thanks for sharing!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
24-03-2017, 09:20 AM
I do have to say though, the white sausage one, even though it sounds a little racist Tongue it does sound delicious.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-03-2017, 09:29 AM
(24-03-2017 09:20 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I do have to say though, the white sausage one, even though it sounds a little racist Tongue it does sound delicious.

I prefer black ones. They're longer.

It being white is just tip of the iceberg considering the original name: Weisswurst.

Wink

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post