Szuchow guide to tasty food.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 09:36 AM
RE: Szuchow guide to tasty food.
(24-03-2017 09:29 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 09:20 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I do have to say though, the white sausage one, even though it sounds a little racist Tongue it does sound delicious.

I prefer black ones. They're longer.

It being white is just tip of the iceberg considering the original name: Weisswurst.

Wink

I do not even know how to respond to that.

I also do not know where I would even get it here.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2017, 09:42 AM
(24-03-2017 09:36 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 09:29 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I prefer black ones. They're longer.

It being white is just tip of the iceberg considering the original name: Weisswurst.

Wink

I do not even know how to respond to that.

Big Grin

Quote:I also do not know where I would even get it here.

There is some white sausage on Amazon.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
24-03-2017, 10:33 AM
(24-03-2017 08:27 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 08:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Eggplant - when I was in Rumania, a lady gave us some eggplant dish she made and it was heavenly. I have never seen it again, and I tried to make something like it and never succeeded.

I am not even sure if it was a side dish or a dip - we used it as a dip for bread sticks because that was what we had on hand.

It was creamy and smooth and primarily eggplant. I did taste some onion in there, and I think some yellow paprika and lemon? It was not spicy, but it had a flavor all of it's own. It was very rich and smooth.

Any ideas what this might have been? It's been like 30 years since I had this and it's still on my mind, it was that good.

From what I looked it could be some variant of ajvar where paprika is added, but not lemon. In Greek melitzanosalata there is lemon but no paprika and Baba ghanoush looks kinda same with only trace of paprika being chili spice.

I found some allegedly Romanian recipes but there was no paprika in them.

Drooling Baba ghanoush I want some now with pita chips Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-03-2017, 10:34 AM
(24-03-2017 09:42 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 09:36 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I do not even know how to respond to that.

Big Grin

Quote:I also do not know where I would even get it here.

There is some white sausage on Amazon.

Boy, Amazon really does sell everything nowadays Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
24-03-2017, 10:35 AM
(24-03-2017 08:27 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 08:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Eggplant - when I was in Rumania, a lady gave us some eggplant dish she made and it was heavenly. I have never seen it again, and I tried to make something like it and never succeeded.

I am not even sure if it was a side dish or a dip - we used it as a dip for bread sticks because that was what we had on hand.

It was creamy and smooth and primarily eggplant. I did taste some onion in there, and I think some yellow paprika and lemon? It was not spicy, but it had a flavor all of it's own. It was very rich and smooth.

Any ideas what this might have been? It's been like 30 years since I had this and it's still on my mind, it was that good.

From what I looked it could be some variant of ajvar where paprika is added, but not lemon. In Greek melitzanosalata there is lemon but no paprika and Baba ghanoush looks kinda same with only trace of paprika being chili spice.

I found some allegedly Romanian recipes but there was no paprika in them.

I agree, sounds like baba ghanoush.

24-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Update 1:

BBQ style red bean

- can of red bean
- half can of tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 spoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 spoon of light soy sauce
- 1 spoon of Worcestershire sauce

Cut onion and garlic into dices and fry it for 3 minutes. After this add rest of ingredients except for bean and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Then add bean and fry it for 3 to 4 minutes more. Add salt if deemed necessary. I didn't.

China style mushrooms

- 300g of mushrooms
- 150g of oyster mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 spoons of Hoisin sauce
- 1 spoon of soy sauce
- 2 spoons of white vine vinegar
- 1 spoon of sesame oil
- 1 spoon of sweet&spicy chili sauce
- salt and pepper

Cut mushrooms into slices, onion and garlic into dices. Fry onion for about 1 minute then add garlic and fry it for 30 seconds more. Add mushrooms and fry them till they start give water. In the meantime add all sauces and spices.

Forszmak

- 1 smoked sausage
- 1 onion
- 2 or 3 pickled cucumbers
- 2 or 3 spoons of tomato pasta
- 1 spoon of flour
- glass of broth
- 1 spoon of sweet paprika
- salt and pepper

Cut sausage, pickles and onion into dices. Fry sausage and onion till you deem it ready, add flour, mix it and then add broth. Simmer it for 5 or 6 minutes then add cucumber, pasta and spices. Fry it for no longer than 5 minutes

Leek stir-fry

- 1 leek (only white part)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 spoon of marinated ginger (I used normal one, grated)
- 1 carrot
- 200g of Chinese cabbage
Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 spoon of sake or white, dry wine
- 2 spoons of light soy sauce
- 1 spoon of rice vinegar
- 1 spoon of chili sauce

Mix the sauce ingredients. Cut leek into rings and carrot into slices, cabbage should be cut into small parts. First fry leek and carrot for 3 minutes on big fire then add garlic and ginger and fry for 3 minutes more. Add cabbage and sauce and fry for 4 to 5 minutes more.

Shakshouka

- 2 or 3 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- half of red paprika
- half can of tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of harissa or sambal oelek or some other hot sauce if you don't like extreme spiciness
- 2 teaspoons of tomato pure
- half spoon of cumin
- salt

cut the paprika and garlic into dices. First fry harissa and pure for about 30 seconds then add garlic and paprika and fry it on small fire for about 8 minutes. After this add canned tomatoes and cumin and let it simmer till sauce will be thick. Then add salt and make hole in the middle to which eggs will go. Keep it frying till eggs will have desired consistence.

Spicy eggplant

- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2.5cm of ginger
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 spoons of dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili sauce
- 200ml of water

Grate ginger and cut rest into dices. First fry onion for about 1 minute then add ginger, garlic and chili and fry it for 1 minute more. Then add eggplant and fry it for 2 minutes more, after this pour water and add sauces. Let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, till sauce will be sticky. Serve with rice.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
24-03-2017, 11:32 AM
(24-03-2017 11:31 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Update 1:

BBQ style red bean

- can of red bean
- half can of tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 spoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 spoon of light soy sauce
- 1 spoon of Worcestershire sauce

Cut onion and garlic into dices and fry it for 3 minutes. After this add rest of ingredients except for bean and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Then add bean and fry it for 3 to 4 minutes more. Add salt if deemed necessary. I didn't.

China style mushrooms

- 300g of mushrooms
- 150g of oyster mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 spoon of soy sauce
- 2 spoons of white vine vinegar
- 1 spoon of sesame oil
- 1 spoon of sweet&spicy chili sauce
- salt and pepper

Cut mushrooms into slices, onion and garlic into dices. Fry onion for about 1 minute then add garlic and fry it for 30 seconds more. Add mushrooms and fry them till they start give water. In the meantime add all sauces and spices.

Forszmak

- 1 smoked sausage
- 1 onion
- 2 or 3 pickled cucumbers
- 2 or 3 spoons of tomato pasta
- 1 spoon of flour
- glass of broth
- 1 spoon of sweet paprika
- salt and pepper

Cut sausage, pickles and onion into dices. Fry sausage and onion till you deem it ready, add flour, mix it and then add broth. Simmer it for 5 or 6 minutes then add cucumber, pasta and spices. Fry it for no longer than 5 minutes

Leek stir-fry

- 1 leek (only white part)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 spoon of marinated ginger (I used normal one, grated)
- 1 carrot
- 200g of Chinese cabbage
Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 spoon of sake or white, dry wine
- 2 spoons of light soy sauce
- 1 spoon of chili sauce

Mix the sauce ingredients. Cut leek into rings and carrot into slices, cabbage should be cut into small parts. First fry leek and carrot for 3 minutes on big fire then add garlic and ginger and fry for 3 minutes more. Add cabbage and sauce and fry for 4 to 5 minutes more.

Shakshouka

- 2 or 3 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- half of red paprika
- half can of tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of harissa or sambal oelek or some other hot sauce if you don't like extreme spiciness
- 2 teaspoons of tomato pure
- half spoon of cumin
- salt

cut the paprika and garlic into dices. First fry harissa and pure for about 30 seconds then add garlic and paprika and fry it on small fire for about 8 minutes. After this add canned tomatoes and cumin and let it simmer till sauce will be thick. Then add salt and make hole in the middle to which eggs will go. Keep it frying till eggs will have desired consistence.

Spicy eggplant

- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2.5cm of ginger
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 spoons of dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili sauce
- 200ml of water

Grate ginger and cut rest into dices. First fry onion for about 1 minute then add ginger, garlic and chili and fry it for 1 minute more. Then add eggplant and fry it for 2 minutes more, after this pour water and add sauces. Let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, till sauce will be sticky. Serve with rice.

The Leek stir fry sounds amazing!

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-03-2017, 11:35 AM
(24-03-2017 09:29 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 09:20 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I do have to say though, the white sausage one, even though it sounds a little racist Tongue it does sound delicious.

I prefer black ones. They're longer.

Wink

Ohhh, blasphemy!

Weisswurst is to be boiled (actually, you get the water to almost boil, then turn the heat off and let stand for five to ten minutes), never fried, and served in a terrine of hot water to maintain temperature. It originated in Munich and to this day is it's signature food. Weisswurst, large soft but crusty Pretzels, sweet mustard and unfiltered Hefeweizen beer. To be enjoyed at brunch time.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
24-03-2017, 11:41 AM
(24-03-2017 11:32 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The Leek stir fry sounds amazing!

It is. I suspect it could be even better if I had wok, but normal frying pan get's the meal done too.

(24-03-2017 11:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ohhh, blasphemy!

Weisswurst is to be boiled (actually, you get the water to almost boil, then turn the heat off and let stand for five to ten minutes), never fried, and served in a terrine of hot water to maintain temperature. It originated in Munich and to this day is it's signature food. Weisswurst, large soft but crusty Pretzels, sweet mustard and unfiltered Hefeweizen beer. To be enjoyed at brunch time.

I heard that it shouldn't be fried but I prefer the fried one. Boiled one was good but nothing special.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-03-2017, 11:49 AM
(24-03-2017 11:41 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 11:32 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The Leek stir fry sounds amazing!

It is. I suspect it could be even better if I had wok, but normal frying pan get's the meal done too.

(24-03-2017 11:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  Ohhh, blasphemy!

I heard that it shouldn't be fried but I prefer the fried one. Boiled one was good but nothing special.

It also has it's own special mustard that is never used with other foods and is sold as Weisswurst mustard. It's an old tradition in and around Munich. A lot of different types of groups of people get together at a local restaurant once a week or so and chat and have Weisswurst..

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post