24-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Szuchow guide to tasty food.
Good thread!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
24-03-2017, 07:17 PM
RE: Szuchow guide to tasty food.
(24-03-2017 07:14 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Good thread!

I wish it was in person instead of online so he could make us all a leek stir fry Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-03-2017, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 04:08 AM by Szuchow.)
Update 2:

Moroccan style carrot

- 300g of carrot
- 1 onion
- freshly made juice from one orange
- 2 teaspoons of coriander, 1 of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of honey

Cut carrot and onion into dices. Fry onion till it will be soft, then add carrot and fry for 3 minutes. Pour little amount of water into frying pan, cover it and let it simmer for about 10 minutes (till carrot will be soft). Add orange juice and fry till it evaporate, then add spices and honey and fry it for minute or two.

Spetsofai

- half of red paprika (bell pepper)
- half of green paprika (bell pepper)
- half of yellow paprika (bell pepper)
- one chili pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 big red onion
- half can of tomatoes
- 1/4 glass of dry, red wine
- 3 bay leafs
- 1 to 1.5 teaspoons of oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar if tomato are to sour

Cut onion into half rings, paprika and garlic into dices, same with chili.

Fry onion, garlic and chili for 3 to 4 minutes then pour wine and fry it till about 3/4 of it will evaporate. Add bay leafs, paprika, tomatoes and half glass of water. Cover it and let it simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. In the meantime add oregano, salt, pepper and sugar.

Green bean in tomato sauce

- 250g of marinated green bean
- 1 onion
- 200g of potatoes
- half zucchini
- half can of tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 teaspoons of parsley
- 2 teaspoons of dill
- half teaspoon of oregano
- salt and pepper

Cut onion, zucchini and garlic into dices and potato into slices. Fry onion for about 3 minutes, add potatoes and fry them till they will be little ruddy (no more than 10 minutes, it was five or six for me). Add bean, garlic, tomatoes and oregano. Cover the frying pan and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, add water when necessary. Add zucchini and let it simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes more. In the meantime add rest of the spices.

Chowder

- half can of corn
- half of red paprika (bell pepper)
- half of yellow paprika (bell pepper)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2.5 cm of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- half teaspoon of coriander and cumin
- half teaspoon of turmeric
- half teaspoon of hot, smoked paprika and half teaspoon of chili spice
- 2 spoons of dark soy sauce
- salt and pepper

Grate ginger, cut paprika, garlic and tomatoes into dices. Fry ginger and garlic for about half minute or even less, add coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili. Fry it for few seconds more and then add corn and 100 ml of water. When water evaporate add paprika and fry it for 3 minutes, then add coconut milk, soy sauce and smoked paprika. Let it simmer for 7 minutes then add tomatoes and simmer it for 5 minutes more. After adding tomatoes add salt and pepper.

Szegedian goulash (Geschnee stew)

- 200g of bacon
- 2 onions
- 1/3 can of pineapple
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150 to 200g of sauerkraut
- 250 to 300 ml of chicken broth
- 3 spoons of sour cream
- 4 spoons of dry, red wine
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- salt and pepper

Cut pineapple, bacon and garlic into dices, onion into half rings. Cut sauerkraut into smaller fragments. Fry bacon till it will be ruddy, add onion and garlic and again fry it till it will be ruddy. Add spices and then sauerkraut, let it simmer for 10 minutes. Pour broth and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes more then add pineapple, wine and sour cream. Fry it for 5 minutes more and add more spices of deemed necessary.

Edit: Got something much more interesting for next update. Have to try it first though, to honestly recommend.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
28-03-2017, 05:18 PM
Szuchow this all sounds so good (I was actually trying to figure out some recipes to use with eggplant so thank you!) can you ship your meals to me by any chance?
29-03-2017, 12:30 AM
(28-03-2017 05:18 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  Szuchow this all sounds so good (I was actually trying to figure out some recipes to use with eggplant so thank you!) can you ship your meals to me by any chance?

If you're willing to move to Poland I can even cook them for you Wink

Hope that answers your question.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
29-03-2017, 04:00 AM
We tried the Ajłazan the other night. I'm taking the leftovers for lunch today! Very yummy! I will have to look for fresh paprika. I thought it was just some red powder spice that comes in a jar Smile If I can't find real paprika I'll try bell peppers. Thanks for sharing!
[+] 1 user Likes mustardseed's post
29-03-2017, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 04:19 AM by Szuchow.)
(29-03-2017 04:00 AM)mustardseed Wrote:  We tried the Ajłazan the other night. I'm taking the leftovers for lunch today! Very yummy! I will have to look for fresh paprika. I thought it was just some red powder spice that comes in a jar Smile If I can't find real paprika I'll try bell peppers. Thanks for sharing!

Paprika is bell pepper, or at least this is what my translator tells me when I try to translate Polish word "papryka" into English.

When I write paprika I have picture below in mind:

[Image: bell-peppers10-lg.jpg?format=1500w]

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
29-03-2017, 04:13 AM
Szuchow guide to tasty food.
I think paprika is dried ground bell peppers.

[Image: 313a2bea3cb6cef269f7118ad996b6ac.jpg]

According to wiki in most non-english speaking countries, both the pepper and the spice are referred to as paprika.
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
29-03-2017, 04:19 AM
(29-03-2017 04:13 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  I think paprika is dried ground bell peppers.

According to wiki in most non-english speaking countries, both the pepper and the spice are referred to as paprika.

It seems that translating the recipes isn't easy thing. Hopefully writing half of paprika was clue enough to guess what I meant.

Mikhail Bakunin.
29-03-2017, 04:32 AM
(29-03-2017 04:19 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 04:13 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  I think paprika is dried ground bell peppers.

It seems that translating the recipes isn't easy thing. Hopefully writing half of paprika was clue enough to guess what I meant.

When I read "cut into posts" that was the clue that sent me on a google search =)
[+] 1 user Likes mustardseed's post