Szuchow guide to tasty food.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 04:38 AM
RE: Szuchow guide to tasty food.
(29-03-2017 04:32 AM)mustardseed Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 04:19 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It seems that translating the recipes isn't easy thing. Hopefully writing half of paprika was clue enough to guess what I meant.

When I read "cut into posts" that was the clue that sent me on a google search =)

That's good. Also thanks for pointing the issue. Who know what culinary monstrosities might be cooked otherwise Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2017, 04:54 AM
@ ┬┤Muricans (Tommies too?):

This is pepper:
[Image: Pfeffer-Gew%C3%BCrz.jpg]

This is paprika.
[Image: 2194_detail.jpg?1388766006]

and This............
[Image: Ananaspflanze.jpg]
is Ananas Rolleyes Rolleyes Tongue

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
29-03-2017, 05:40 AM
(24-03-2017 08:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Eggplant - when I was in Rumania, a lady gave us some eggplant dish she made and it was heavenly. I have never seen it again, and I tried to make something like it and never succeeded.

I am not even sure if it was a side dish or a dip - we used it as a dip for bread sticks because that was what we had on hand.

It was creamy and smooth and primarily eggplant. I did taste some onion in there, and I think some yellow paprika and lemon? It was not spicy, but it had a flavor all of it's own. It was very rich and smooth.

Any ideas what this might have been? It's been like 30 years since I had this and it's still on my mind, it was that good.

I remember lovely soups with lots of lovage from my time in Romania, they use a lot of lovage in many dishes, seems to be like we would use parsley.
29-03-2017, 05:44 AM
(29-03-2017 04:54 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  @ ┬┤Muricans (Tommies too?):

This is pepper:
[Image: Pfeffer-Gew%C3%BCrz.jpg]

This is paprika.
[Image: 2194_detail.jpg?1388766006]

and This............
[Image: Ananaspflanze.jpg]
is Ananas Rolleyes Rolleyes Tongue

Nah, us Tommies know the difference between pepper and paprika, well most of us do some of the chavs might not, but then they usually eat MacDonald's most days. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
29-03-2017, 08:49 PM
(29-03-2017 04:38 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 04:32 AM)mustardseed Wrote:  When I read "cut into posts" that was the clue that sent me on a google search =)

That's good. Also thanks for pointing the issue. Who know what culinary monstrosities might be cooked otherwise Wink

LOL! I used google translate on the website and one of the ingredients translated as toothpasteYes
29-03-2017, 08:50 PM
oops - this website:

http://filozofiasmaku.blogspot.com/2013/07/ajazan.html

must have been the parsley...
30-03-2017, 12:43 AM
(29-03-2017 08:50 PM)mustardseed Wrote:  oops - this website:

http://filozofiasmaku.blogspot.com/2013/07/ajazan.html

must have been the parsley...

It's indeed recipe took from this site, just like most of them.

And yes, it was parsley preferably fresh one, but spice will do too.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
07-06-2017, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 08:21 AM by Szuchow.)
Some new recipes that I tried:

Alicha

- 1 red onion
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 chili pepper
- 2.5 cm of ginger
- 3 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 spoon of tomato mousse
- 0.5 teaspoon of cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 0.5 teaspoon of pepper
- salt

Cut onion into half rings, bell pepper into dices, potato and carrot in big pieces of undefined shape (if carrot is old then cut it into dices). Garlic, chili and ginger cut into tiny pieces.

After oil on the frying pan will be hot add onion and fry it for 3 minutes. Then add potatoes, carrot and turmeric and fry it for 3 minutes while stirring it sometimes. After said 3 minutes add ginger, garlic and chili and fry it for another minute. Then add bell pepper and mouse and douse it with half glass of water. Cover it and let it simmer till vegetables will be soft (took about 12 minutes for me). 5 minutes after water was added throw in cumin, pepper and salt.

Young cabbage with tomatoes

- 1 young cabbage (I used one and portion was enough for 2 persons)
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 allspice
- 2 or 3 spoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon of paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1.5 to 2 glasses of water

Slice cabbage into little fragments, carrot, garlic and onion cut into dices.

Put cabbage into pot then add tomatoes, bay leaf and allspice. Fry carrot in frying pan for about 5 minutes and add it into cabbage. Add water to pot and cook it till it boil. After boiling let it simmer for 15 minutes. In the meantime add vinegar, salt, pepper, paprika and sugar.

It tastes best next day after making.

Thai soup with peanut butter

- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 0.5 glass of diced carrots
- 1 to 1.5 glass of vegetable broth
- 2/3 glass of canned corn
- 1 chili pepper
- 3 spoons of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper

Cut onion, bell pepper and garlic into dices, same with chili pepper. Pour oil into frying pan and when it's hot add garlic, chili and onion. Fry it for 3 minutes and then add carrot and bell pepper. Season it with cayenne pepper and fry it for 5 minutes. Prepare pot with broth in it and add what was fried there to already boiling broth. Add corn and peanut butter plus cayenne pepper and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. In the meantime add salt and pepper.

Soup with bean and bacon

- 5 slices of smoked bacon
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- can of tomatoes
- 200g of white bean or black eye bean if you have it
- glass of vegetable broth
- 0.5 teaspoon of sweet pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon of hot, smoked pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon of savory

Cut bacon, leek, carrots and garlic into dices. Fry bacon for 5 minutes then add garlic, leek and carrot and fry for 3 minutes more. Pour it all into pot add broth and tomatoes. Made it boil and cook for 15 minutes. Add bean and all spices, then cook it for 5 to 10 minutes more on small fire.

Minced meat with peanut butter

- 150 to 200g of minced meat
- half red, bell pepper
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 spoons of peanut butter
- 1.5 spoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of hot chili sauce

Cut paprika, garlic and chili into dices. Fry it for about 1 minute on big fire then add meat and fry it till it will be done. After it add peanut butter and soy and chili sauces. Add 0.5 glass of water and let it simmer under the lid for 5 minutes.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post