Tυrkey Bans Dating Shows & Wikipedia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2017, 07:15 PM

thanksgiving dinner bird named country went full fundie

The more one asserts their own unquestioned preconceived beliefs, the more demanding I will be for empirical evidence for I will accept nothing else in place of it
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2017, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 07:30 PM by Dom.)
RE: Tυrkey Bans Dating Shows & Wikipedia
Wikipedia? I don't think I could survive.

I hope poor Izel is ok.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-05-2017, 09:14 PM
If gov want appase fundies then I get banning dating sites but why Wikipedia? Information it contains are deemed tt be too subversive?

Regardless of motive it is simple totalitarian idiocy.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
03-05-2017, 11:38 PM
(03-05-2017 09:14 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  If gov want appase fundies then I get banning dating sites but why Wikipedia? Information it contains are deemed tt be too subversive?

Dictatorships run on control of information. Wikipedia probably gets the boot because subversives can e.g. edit the Wikipedia page about Erdogan.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-05-2017, 04:10 AM
Ahhh Turkey... the country that tries so hard to be Westernized and yet is so fucking fucked up.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-05-2017, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 05:00 AM by epronovost.)
(03-05-2017 09:14 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  If gov want appase fundies then I get banning dating sites but why Wikipedia? Information it contains are deemed tt be too subversive?

Wikipedia has long and detailed articles on Turkey supports of ISIS and other jihadist groups in Syria. That's what they want to censor. They of course accused the kurds of being behind those "lies".

As for the dating show ban, please insert patriarchal stupidity about dating destroying the family.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
04-05-2017, 11:03 AM
(04-05-2017 04:39 AM)epronovost Wrote:  

Wikipedia has long and detailed articles on Turkey supports of ISIS and other jihadist groups in Syria. That's what they want to censor. They of course accused the kurds of being behind those "lies".

As for the dating show ban, please insert patriarchal stupidity about dating destroying the family.

Makes sense. Though my first thought was Armenian Genocide. Turkey already had some spat over it with France if I recall correctly.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-05-2017, 06:38 PM

you do realize erdogan is easily triggered by anything that isn't how he wants it to be

The more one asserts their own unquestioned preconceived beliefs, the more demanding I will be for empirical evidence for I will accept nothing else in place of it