TA List Debunked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: TA List Debunked
On the bright side, I hear Cirque de Soleil is looking for a contortionist with your abilities.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
10-07-2014, 05:07 PM
(10-07-2014 03:58 PM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 03:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You forgot the ones I mentioned. Oops.
Before you play this stupid game, you have to get those with whom you debate to agree the texts have any authority. No one has agreed with that. You little exercise is the same as *debunking errors* in "Horton Hears a Who", or Harry Potter. No one here cares or grants your texts "authority" You have broken the FIRST rule of debate : "Know your audience". I do get it you have a bad case of Anal Retention and NEED (I repeat NEED) your simple-minded nonsense to be true, or your world falls apart, but perhaps you should consider an enema or more fiber in your diet.

So, you are on a site that exists to assert contradictions exist in the Bible, but think it's a waste of time to examine the Bible because you don't think the text has any authority? Would you call that circular reasoning or inconsistency? Smile

I would like to enter an intellectual discourse with you on theology, reply with a confirmation and I will invite you to the boxing ring where we can have a one on one conversation of the delusion of your choice.....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
10-07-2014, 06:54 PM
(10-07-2014 03:29 PM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:   Who Were the First Visitors to Jesus’ Tomb?

That this is not a contradiction should of course be patently obvious. None of the verses remotely appear to contradict one another. Matthew 28 mentions two of the three present, Mary Magdalene and another Mary. Mark 16 mentions all three, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Jesus, and Salome. John 20 mentions only Mary Magdalene. Luke 24 mentions Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Jesus, Joanna (who may be the same as Salome and/or the mother of Zebedee's children in Matthew 27:56), and other women.

If one author was aware of one person present, another of two people, and another that three were there, it is in no way a contradiction. One writer may see fit to mention only one, another two, and yet another writer to mention all persons present. In no way does it contradict, it simply means less detail was provided about those present by different writers. Had the Matthew or John passages said "ONLY X persons were at the sepulchre" than that would be a contradiction, but to put words in the mouth of the writers when that is not what they said is to falsely accuse the Bible of a contradiction that does not in fact exist.

So, you're saying, for all we know, the first visitors came with a multitude of 8,000 people, and each author only felt like mentioning an arbitrary number of them?

Your mental gymnastics are certainly mental.
11-07-2014, 07:14 AM
(10-07-2014 03:58 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I have neither the time or desire to debunk all your claims, but I thought I'd check a couple just to see what you're about and right in the very first two I already saw nothing but inaccuracy (or perhaps even dishonesty):

(10-07-2014 03:29 PM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:   Was Jesus Born in a House or a Manger?
A manger isn't a living area. Really? And if it was, I doubt it would fit very many people. Humor aside, Luke 2 never says where they lived, only that it had a manger and was not an inn. Presuming more than that is reaching.
You avoided the point of the contradiction. One verse says Jesus was born in a house; the other says in a manger. The manger doesn't need to be a living area for the contradiction to be established.

You can have a manger in a house. They are not mutually exclusive. One is a building, the other is a feeding trough for animals. You don't seem to understand what a manger is.

(10-07-2014 03:58 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 03:29 PM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:   How Old Was Jehoiachin When He Began to Reign in Jerusalem? And for How Long?

Both passages are correct. Jehoiachin began to reign in Judah at age 8 (2 Chronicles 36:9) and in Jerusalem at age 18 (2 Kings 24:8).
Um no. Look it up again. 2 Chronicles 36:9 says he began to reign in Jerusalem at age 8, not Judah. He can't begin reigning in the same place both at age 8 and at age 18.

Seriously, why should I even read the rest? You come to an atheist site all high and mighty to debunk this list and you haven't even checked your facts. Rolleyes

Actually both passages just say he started reigning at ages 8 and 18, and then say he reigned 3 months in Jerusalem. Both are correct, he started reigning in Judah at 8 and in Jerusalem at 18. And he's typically referred to as king of Judah showing this was his primary reign. (Jer. 22:24, 24:1)

"Jehoiachin’s co-regency of ten years corresponds perfectly with his father Jehoiakim’s reign of eleven years (2 Chronicles 36:5). Moreover, as soon as the Babylonian invasion looms into the picture, Chronicles begins to use the phrase, 'king over Judah and Jerusalem' (2 Chronicles 36:4, 10)."

http://www.kjvtoday.com/home/eight-years...nicles-369

My website refuting alleged contradictions will be at BereaWiki.com.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2014, 07:24 AM
OK so... now what?

You've successfully shown that you have no contradictions ™ in your Bible...

Now show me that what it asserts is true Smile 'Cos I ain't never heard Mr Invisible say a damn thing.

Plus he's got a lot to answer for re wars etc.

Plus he's a bit of a dick all round.

So in conclusion, even if you've got a contradiction free bit of kit there, your God can still shove it where the sun don't shine.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-07-2014, 07:27 AM
Lack of contradictions does not prove its' truth - and much less its' divinity...

Must do better.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
11-07-2014, 07:32 AM
(10-07-2014 04:25 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 03:48 PM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:  Also, the crucifixion proceedings began back on the 3rd hour (Mark 15:25) but the crucifixion itself did not begin until after the 6th hour. Confusion occurs because it simply says "crucified" to refer to the crucifixion proceedings/trial, including the scourging and mockery of Mark 15:15-21. The actual crucifixion itself coincided with the darkness over the land lasting from the 6th to 9th hours, beginning with the start of the crucifixion and ending with Jesus' death on the cross.

http://www.bereawiki.com/wiki/ABC:Matthew_12#Verse_40

By the way oh confused and misinformed one....that is yet another fable. Allow me to school you.

Matthew 27:45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.

Mark 15:33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.

Luke 23:44-48 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.

unfortunately for believers, there is not one shred of evidence that this happened...zero, all of the royal scribes, historians, philosophers, and literate people who wrote down and recorded EVERYTHING of any significance, failed to note the whole earth going dark mid-day for three hours...an eclipse lasts about 7.5 mins max, so it wasn’t that, and there were two reknowned historians who recorded each and every eclipse, as well as any other astronomical oddity....nothing, .....zero. Never happened. The Egyptians, chinese and other rather advanced large civilizations all with historians and literate people and yet none mention the whole earth going dark mid afternoon for 3 hours...odd don't you think...you can do better than that can't you....or can you?

Here I will give you a crumb of knowledge, no one who wrote of jesus, knew him...uhoh....that makes it all heresay. Come, open your mind, it is such a terrible thing to waste on religion...

Nope, you are incorrect. As pointed out by Josh McDowell on pg. 84 of 'Evidence That Demands a Verdict', both Thallus and Phlegon mention an unusual darkness during the time of Jesus, as preserved in the writings of Julius Africanus. And both Matthew and the apostle Paul met Jesus. Not to mention John, who wrote one of the Gospels, several letters, and Revelation. The epistle of Jude is written by Jesus' brother. There's the books of James and Peter also.

11-07-2014, 07:37 AM
(11-07-2014 07:32 AM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:  Nope, you are incorrect. As pointed out by Josh McDowell on pg. 84 of 'Evidence That Demands a Verdict', both Thallus and Phlegon mention an unusual darkness during the time of Jesus, as preserved in the writings of Julius Africanus. And both Matthew and the apostle Paul met Jesus. Not to mention John, who wrote one of the Gospels, several letters, and Revelation. The epistle of Jude is written by Jesus' brother. There's the books of James and Peter also.

Nope, you are desperately grasping at straws.

"Phlegon, born about A.D. 80, was a secular historian who lived in the second century.[1] There are two books credited to his name: Chronicles and the Olympiads. Little is known about Phlegon, but he made reference to Christ. "

Whatever he said is hearsay - he did not witness any events during the life of Jesus.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
11-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Contradiction One Debunked
In the 3rd Harry Potter book, Harry and friends are carted to Hogwarts by a carriage pulled by an invisible horse, which Harry can't see. In the 5th book, Harry is able to see the horse. People claim this is a contradiction, but it's obvious that it's perfectly logical. For starters, the horses are not naturally invisible; otherwise, nobody could see them. It is a spell used to protect them from the attention of the death eaters. If a death eater were to look at a horse, it would become agitated, or worse. As Harry ages, his magical awareness is heightened and simple illusions such as invisibility are no longer powerful enough to fool him, thus the horses can be seen. Since the death eaters are themselves created by magic, they cannot 'evolve' to see past simple illusions.

Contradiction Two Debunked
It is stated that the students are not allowed to use their magic outside of the school. Hermione does it out in the streets, and they all use it on the train while in muggle territory. People claim this is a contradiction as well. It is not. The students are simply exercising their free will. While they are commanded to not use magic, no actual restriction is placed on their powers.

If anyone has any other questions about the Harry Potter texts, please post them here. I will be happy to correct your errors regarding this flawless collection of inspired writings.

[Image: funny-harry-potter-13.jpg]

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 4 users Like guitar_nut's post
11-07-2014, 07:42 AM
(11-07-2014 07:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-07-2014 07:32 AM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:  Nope, you are incorrect. As pointed out by Josh McDowell on pg. 84 of 'Evidence That Demands a Verdict', both Thallus and Phlegon mention an unusual darkness during the time of Jesus, as preserved in the writings of Julius Africanus. And both Matthew and the apostle Paul met Jesus. Not to mention John, who wrote one of the Gospels, several letters, and Revelation. The epistle of Jude is written by Jesus' brother. There's the books of James and Peter also.

Nope, you are desperately grasping at straws.

"Phlegon, born about A.D. 80, was a secular historian who lived in the second century.[1] There are two books credited to his name: Chronicles and the Olympiads. Little is known about Phlegon, but he made reference to Christ. "

Whatever he said is hearsay - he did not witness any events during the life of Jesus.

So if he reported on what was common knowledge of the time, even if it occurred shortly before he was born, that makes it less relevant? I notice you don't address Thallus, also. Does that mean you discredit any historians who mention things they haven't directly observed? And do you discount Caesar's Gallic Wars because all the events weren't directly observed by the writer? Applying that kind of standard to historical sources is silly and would disqualify much of history's documentation.