TA List Debunked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: TA List Debunked
(28-06-2016 10:51 AM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 10:28 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello Jzyehoshua ! Big Grin

I'm sure GoodWithOutGod will be along to explain the problems with your point 1 and possibly point 4. It would be nice if Mathilda returned and pointed out your problems with point 2.

My comment on point 3 is that, if you make an assertion about something might you add some more information? Please expand on "Atheism is a belief' ? Consider

I'm having a hard time working out how not believing in something (A quick explanation) is akin too believing in something?

As a side note... if there is some creator then are you thence saying they are also to blame for all those other nasty things running around? Consider

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEKDYIYMgBc

Much cheers to you. Smile

Well, Christians believe in the Bible but not Islam. Atheists believe in a purely naturalistic Big Bang Theory but not God. Religion requires believing in some things but not others.

And God made everything good before the rebellion of mankind and Satan. Evil is in the world because of the disobedient pleasure seeking of God's creations and His consequent punishment of them.

http://www.bereawiki.com/Problem_of_Evil

You actually think you can explain the problem of evil/suffering by this lame human choice Adam/apple argument?

Suffering and death existed long before humans were on this Earth, you are a fount of apologetic ignorance.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
28-06-2016, 11:13 AM
(28-06-2016 11:03 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ......

... I think the saddest part of all this is that half of the people attempting it here can't perform basic subtraction.

*froths at mouth, gnaws on mathematician's shield*

[Image: giphy.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
28-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Somebody must have chewed through the leather straps while the doctors weren't looking.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
28-06-2016, 11:36 AM
(28-06-2016 10:42 AM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:  5. My understanding is that scholarly 'consensus' contains a range of opinions on Daniel's dating. The only ones who assume a later date are those who atheistically assume supernatural prophecy cannot occur, and given Daniel’s detailed prophecies infer that it must be written later than it claims - which of course is circular reasoning, assuming that prophecy can't occur to deny evidence of prophecy, and then using that assumption to disprove prophecy. For example Gerhard Hasel points out the discovery of Daniel among the DSS is very problematic for those claiming a later date:

"For those supporting the historical-critical date of the book of Daniel new issues are being raised. Since there is a manuscript of Daniel that supposedly dates within 50 years of the autograph, is there enough time for the supposed traditio-historical and redaction-critical developments allegedly needed for the growth of the book? Supporters of the Maccabean dating hypothesis of Daniel will be hard put to explain all of this in their reconstructions. To express it differently, do the early dates of the fragments from Cave 4 leave enough room for the developments, editorial and redactional as well as others, that are so often proposed (e.g., Koch 1986:20–24)? The verdict seems to be negative, and an earlier date for Daniel than the second century is unavoidable."

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/201...rolls.aspx

It's all bullshit.
The role of a prophet was never to tell or predict the future.
That's a fundamental ignorant error many Fundamentalists make.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid257278
It proves you have never studied Biblical Studies under a competent scholar.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-06-2016, 12:19 PM
(28-06-2016 10:42 AM)Jzyehoshua Wrote:  5. My understanding is

I think I see your problem.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 12 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
28-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Oh, Thinkerbelle, how I've missed you! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-06-2016, 01:32 PM
(28-06-2016 12:59 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Oh, Thinkerbelle, how I've missed you! Smile

Seconded.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Oh goodie. Someone who calls themselves "Yehoshua."

Here is an awesome T-shirt for you.

[Image: T-shirt_zpsyl31h5zn.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
28-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Necroposting your own thread. That will surely convince the skeptics.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
28-06-2016, 05:01 PM
(28-06-2016 12:59 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Oh, Thinkerbelle, how I've missed you! Smile

I lurk. Sometimes I have so little to add that I just soak up the wisdom and remain silent, lest I be thought a fool. And like that stuff. Popcorn

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post