TBD bitching thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2013, 08:34 AM
TBD bitching thread
This thread's stated purpose is for TheBeardedDude to continue to bitch about a couple of off topic and pointless posts being deleted, and about how he's butt-hurt that I won't let him shit all over a thread that's intended as a safe haven for politics-free chat about a touchy subject.

Made for him because he can't find the "New Thread" button. Hobo

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: TBD bitching thread
Wow. Projection much?

Evolve
11-04-2013, 08:38 AM
You're trying to turn the Guns thread into a thread about moderation policy. I said fuck off and make your own thread. You didn't. So I made it for you. Want to talk moderation policy and free speech? Here's the place.

Also, I don't think you understand what projection means. You see, it's not just an insult that you can throw out when you're mad at someone. It only works if they're guilty of the same thing they're accusing you of. Dictionaries are another thing you need to learn to use, in addition to forums.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
11-04-2013, 08:44 AM
You're angry because you are wrong.

Look at the title of this thread and your first post. That is not the language of someone who is calm, rational, or trying to do anything other than insult. This whole thread is a projection of your hurt feelings.

I have a dictionary right here.

Evolve
11-04-2013, 08:48 AM
If you disagree with me or don't like me, give me a neg rep and move on. Why start a thread to slander? What credibility does that lend you?

Evolve
11-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Seriously? Grow up.
[+] 4 users Like FSM_scot's post
11-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Anyway. The guns thread's stated purpose was:

"So the few of us on this forum who aren't hostile to the idea of owning firearms can discuss them and show off what we have."

"the few of us"--indicating that the thread had a limited audience, that being, quote, "[those] who aren't hostile to the idea of owning firearms". So it's set up as a thread for a limited audience, and was posted in a part of the forum usually reserved for non-serious threads about daily life and such. This implies that the thread was intended for light-hearted discussion, not serious political talk.

The content of the thread was to be "discuss [firearms] and show off what we have." So the thread is clearly intended to be about firearms, perhaps their technology, use, tips, tricks, etc, and is also asking people show off what guns they have, indicating it is part picture thread.

So this is clearly not meant to be a thread for the gun control debate. If it were, it would be posted in the "Politics" section, with a title having to do with gun control, and would start with an argument having to do with whether or not gun laws are strict enough, etc.

After a couple of pages of discussion about firearms, and pictures from people showing off what they have in that regards, Logica Humano entered the thread and post a vitriolic post about gun control politics. This started an off-topic tangent of heated and angry discussion, in which you posted. Seeing as this was specifically what the thread was meant to AVOID, I requested the first moderator I saw online, Chas, to clean the thread. I did not request that posts be deleted; I simply asked that the thread be cleaned of off-topic posts. Chas split the off-topic posts, including several by Logica, Chas, TBD, and myself, into a separate thread; but due to a moderation error accidentally deleted most of them, leaving only the original Logica post as a standalone thread.

You then started posting like a butt-hurt child that your post had been deleted, calling it a violation of free speech.

Listen up, kiddo. My asking you to take your crap elsewhere does not constitute a violation of your free speech. You can say whatever the fuck you want. You can call me a mouth-breathing, animal fucking, ass scratching neandethal with mental retardation and halitosis if you like, I don't care. But you don't get to troll a thread with irrelevant and off-topic bullshit just because a post got moved.

You have free speech to protest McDonalds or Bank of America or Haliburton. You can say whatever the fuck you want about them. Does that mean you get to go into their offices and ransack the place? No. You picket outside. If you're pissed at me and want to criticize a request I made to the mods, fine. But don't do it in my thread.

Now grow up already.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
11-04-2013, 08:54 AM
(11-04-2013 08:51 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Anyway. The guns thread's stated purpose was:

"So the few of us on this forum who aren't hostile to the idea of owning firearms can discuss them and show off what we have."

"the few of us"--indicating that the thread had a limited audience, that being, quote, "[those] who aren't hostile to the idea of owning firearms". So it's set up as a thread for a limited audience, and was posted in a part of the forum usually reserved for non-serious threads about daily life and such. This implies that the thread was intended for light-hearted discussion, not serious political talk.

The content of the thread was to be "discuss [firearms] and show off what we have." So the thread is clearly intended to be about firearms, perhaps their technology, use, tips, tricks, etc, and is also asking people show off what guns they have, indicating it is part picture thread.

So this is clearly not meant to be a thread for the gun control debate. If it were, it would be posted in the "Politics" section, with a title having to do with gun control, and would start with an argument having to do with whether or not gun laws are strict enough, etc.

After a couple of pages of discussion about firearms, and pictures from people showing off what they have in that regards, Logica Humano entered the thread and post a vitriolic post about gun control politics. This started an off-topic tangent of heated and angry discussion, in which you posted. Seeing as this was specifically what the thread was meant to AVOID, I requested the first moderator I saw online, Chas, to clean the thread. I did not request that posts be deleted; I simply asked that the thread be cleaned of off-topic posts. Chas split the off-topic posts, including several by Logica, Chas, TBD, and myself, into a separate thread; but due to a moderation error accidentally deleted most of them, leaving only the original Logica post as a standalone thread.

You then started posting like a butt-hurt child that your post had been deleted, calling it a violation of free speech.

Listen up, kiddo. My asking you to take your crap elsewhere does not constitute a violation of your free speech. You can say whatever the fuck you want. You can call me a mouth-breathing, animal fucking, ass scratching neandethal with mental retardation and halitosis if you like, I don't care. But you don't get to troll a thread with irrelevant and off-topic bullshit just because a post got moved.

You have free speech to protest McDonalds or Bank of America or Haliburton. You can say whatever the fuck you want about them. Does that mean you get to go into their offices and ransack the place? No. You picket outside. If you're pissed at me and want to criticize a request I made to the mods, fine. But don't do it in my thread.

Now grow up already.

Well, in that case. This thread has a very specific and clear purpose. Should I be allowed to have every post but mine removed from it and everything you said deleted? I mean, cleaned?

If that is the case, then I shall start my own thread stating another purpose whereby only I am allowed to say anything in it...oh wait...that's a blog.

If you wanted a section for gun enthusiasts only with no chance of being disagreed with or politics introduced, you should have gone to a gun forum.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
11-04-2013, 08:55 AM
(11-04-2013 08:51 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Anyway. The guns thread's stated purpose was:

That makes no difference.
You can't decide who or what can be in your thread. That's NOT how this forum works.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
11-04-2013, 08:55 AM
But, by all means, ignore everything else I have said.

Evolve