TBD bitching thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: TBD bitching thread
(11-04-2013 09:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I spent about two hours last night looking for a post that I know was here, I had looked for it before. Should have taken a screen shot of it a while back. Now it's gone. I am guessing that as with all other applications via computers...shit happens.

I have seen some posts get deleted after a gif or pic posted to it is removed in some way. Either by the person who uploaded it, or the if the url is dead. Was it such a post?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 09:27 AM
(11-04-2013 09:26 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 09:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Said the guy trying to psychoanalyze me.

You are a child. Rolleyes

I consider myself a child at heart, yes. What do you care of my age? And how does my age or desire to be a child discredit me?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 09:31 AM
(11-04-2013 09:24 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 09:22 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  And just a couple pages later, after YOU WENT OFF TOPIC AGAIN after being on topic for most of a page:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid287537

Proving the point that he either withheld that information, or never intended to split anything. Who's point were you trying to prove?

Withheld what information? He said right there everything you need to know, that he split the thread and accidentally lost some of the posts? Is forgetting to mention it earlier an intentional withholding of information, or maybe he thought it wasn't a big deal? Why don't you ask him, instead of insinuating intentional abuse of power? Why do you insist on turning this into a conspiracy to silence the opposition, when maybe it was an attempt to keep the forum orderly, with an accidental mis-click?

You are the one making a big deal out of this. You are the one implying there's some abuse of power. You are the one continuing to make provocative statements in the Guns thread with the intent of getting me to respond, then saying, "Hurr, why are you responding to the thread?" like a third grader or something. It's childish and pointless and you know it. But now you're committed and can't back down, so you're going to keep shifting position to save face, and you're trying to sacrifice Chas in the process.

It's despicable and pointless. Grow some balls, admit your mistake, and stop trolling my thread.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
11-04-2013, 09:33 AM
(11-04-2013 09:31 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 09:24 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Proving the point that he either withheld that information, or never intended to split anything. Who's point were you trying to prove?

Withheld what information? He said right there everything you need to know, that he split the thread and accidentally lost some of the posts? Is forgetting to mention it earlier an intentional withholding of information, or maybe he thought it wasn't a big deal? Why don't you ask him, instead of insinuating intentional abuse of power? Why do you insist on turning this into a conspiracy to silence the opposition, when maybe it was an attempt to keep the forum orderly, with an accidental mis-click?

You are the one making a big deal out of this. You are the one implying there's some abuse of power. You are the one continuing to make provocative statements in the Guns thread with the intent of getting me to respond, then saying, "Hurr, why are you responding to the thread?" like a third grader or something. It's childish and pointless and you know it. But now you're committed and can't back down, so you're going to keep shifting position to save face, and you're trying to sacrifice Chas in the process.

It's despicable and pointless. Grow up and stop trolling my thread.

At what point did I say "abuse of power?"

And Chas said if I had a problem, I should go to the admins, and I did. And they did not see it your way.

And after being accused of deleting them instead of splitting them, someone says they were actually trying to split them and not delete them...obviously no one would try to cover their ass.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 09:35 AM
(11-04-2013 09:31 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 09:24 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Proving the point that he either withheld that information, or never intended to split anything. Who's point were you trying to prove?

It's despicable and pointless. Grow some balls, admit your mistake, and stop trolling my thread.

And as long as you keep replying to my posts in "your" thread, I will reply in that thread. You're trolling "your" own thread.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 09:39 AM
I confused one of FSM Scott's posts for one of yours. Apologies. Drinking Beverage

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
11-04-2013, 09:39 AM
(11-04-2013 09:39 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I confused one of FSM Scott's posts for one of yours. Apologies. Drinking Beverage

Accepted.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't like sticking my oar in but since this place has freedom of speech cant this be discussed without throwing insults in?

TBH Phaedrus im surprised at how you are acting, thats not a diss but simply an observation. I gather the gun issue is probably something close to your heart but come on guys, we all get along here on other subjects. If you dont like what TBD is saying, then dont reply and just ignore. The forum is for everybody.

Can you guys maybe just chill out for the rest of the day? Agree to disagree or something and move on?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-04-2013, 11:44 AM
(11-04-2013 11:37 AM)bemore Wrote:  I don't like sticking my oar in but since this place has freedom of speech cant this be discussed without throwing insults in?

TBH Phaedrus im surprised at how you are acting, thats not a diss but simply an observation. I gather the gun issue is probably something close to your heart but come on guys, we all get along here on other subjects. If you dont like what TBD is saying, then dont reply and just ignore. The forum is for everybody.

Can you guys maybe just chill out for the rest of the day? Agree to disagree or something and move on?

I hate that phrase "agree to disagree." That is the issue. Someone effed up and was in the wrong, but "agreeing to disagree" absolves anyone from blame and settles the matter by not settling the matter.

This entire thread is a testament to someone simply wanting to be hurtful and insulting. There can be no agreeing to compromise or even be civil with individuals who deploy such tactics.

I'll be civil, courteous, and respectful to those that show me the same. Phadreus has earned no such thing from me.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 11:45 AM
It's got nothing to do with the gun debate, except the Logica brought it into a thread that wasn't about it. This entire thing is about moderation policy, at least as far as I can tell. TBD started off with the nastiness, and I don't know what it is with this guy, but I can't stand him when he gets on a high horse and starts spreading shit.

We've gone off at each other before, and we both backed down with no concessions on either side. This is pretty similar.

All I wanted was him out of my thread, unless he wanted to talk guns. He chose to make it an issue, over some accidentally deleted posts, and started talking censorship. I was willing to talk censorship; elsewhere. And that's still where I'm at.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.