TBD bitching thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2013, 01:24 PM
RE: TBD bitching thread
I do not take to being called a liar, or have lies made-up about me, or assumptions made about my intentions, lightly. They are the quickest way to personally insult me, and I take great offense to them. In no way would I dare say someone should not say them for fear of offending or hurting me, as they are free to say what they want. But, if that person demands an apology from me or asks to "fuck-off," then they have crossed the line from insulting, to utter disrespectful liar. Very few people are on the short list I have for such dishonest assholes, and among them are the likes of Ego®.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 01:26 PM
(11-04-2013 01:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 01:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Then I stand corrected in one of my assumptions, they were split but never merged, only deleted after the split.

If it is the case of an accident, then it is an unfortunate one since the mod who did it, was personally involved in the thread.

In the future, it should be handled by an admin or mod not personally invested in any sense.

Personal involvement wasn't the problem. You are making that a problem.

Why would I go to the trouble of splitting it only to delete it?

Seriously, let's move this to the Conspiracy forum.Drinking Beverage

Because there was no way you would have ever been able to prove your innocence. I'm not saying you are guilty, but that had it been done by someone else, the accusation of you deleting them out of spite would have been laughably absurd.

I say that as a protection for any mod splitting a thread.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 01:31 PM
If anyone who misunderstands your intentions on a forum is despicable on the same level as Egor, then you must have a very, very long list of enemies. I also object to lies being told to me or about me, and being accused of censorship is not something I take lightly, and I will not roll over and admit to something that is false just because it will make you feel better.

I have not made up any lies about you. I did apologize for thinking that you had restarted the off-topic discussion, due to hasty reading. If there's something else, please point it out and I'll give it a look.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
11-04-2013, 01:35 PM
(11-04-2013 01:31 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  If anyone who misunderstands your intentions on a forum is despicable on the same level as Egor, then you must have a very, very long list of enemies. I also object to lies being told to me or about me, and being accused of censorship is not something I take lightly, and I will not roll over and admit to something that is false just because it will make you feel better.

I have not made up any lies about you. I did apologize for thinking that you had restarted the off-topic discussion, due to hasty reading. If there's something else, please point it out and I'll give it a look.

That I started the "nastiness." That I came into that thread to derail it. That my intentions for being there or posting in there about the AK, were to trap you into a debate on gun laws. That I wanted to hijack that thread for debating about forum rules. That I am unwilling to admit fault or being wrong.

Let me keep thinking and I may grab a few more.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 01:38 PM
By accusing me of censorship without cause, you started the nastiness.
I didn't say that your intentions for posting about AK "carnage" were dishonest, I said that it seemed so at the time. And I did not act on it; but it primed me to go off at you later. Sorry I guess?
You did hijack the thread to debate forum rules...
You are unwilling to admit fault or to being wrong... And demand apology without offering any in return for your own missteps. Probably why I can't stand you.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
11-04-2013, 01:41 PM
(11-04-2013 01:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 01:31 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  If anyone who misunderstands your intentions on a forum is despicable on the same level as Egor, then you must have a very, very long list of enemies. I also object to lies being told to me or about me, and being accused of censorship is not something I take lightly, and I will not roll over and admit to something that is false just because it will make you feel better.

That I started the "nastiness." That I came into that thread to derail it. That my intentions for being there or posting in there about the AK, were to trap you into a debate on gun laws. That I wanted to hijack that thread for debating about forum rules. That I am unwilling to admit fault or being wrong.

Let me keep thinking and I may grab a few more.

Nah, let's just let it go. Everyone has calmed down, time to move on.

I split that stuff off to honor the intent of the thread - to promote more polite forum behavior. Dodgy

I believe Moderators should moderate. The Admins do not agree with active moderating, so I have stepped down.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2013, 01:52 PM
(11-04-2013 01:38 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  By accusing me of censorship without cause, you started the nastiness.
I didn't say that your intentions for posting about AK "carnage" were dishonest, I said that it seemed so at the time. And I did not act on it; but it primed me to go off at you later. Sorry I guess?
You did hijack the thread to debate forum rules...
You are unwilling to admit fault or to being wrong... And demand apology without offering any in return for your own missteps. Probably why I can't stand you.

Show me where I accused you of being the one to censor the thread.

In post 122 you asked for it to be cleaned, not moved. I did not accuse you of censoring it, but wanting it removed. Are you saying this is not exactly what you said?

"I didn't say that your intentions for posting about AK "carnage" were dishonest, I said that it seemed so at the time. And I did not act on it; but it primed me to go off at you later. Sorry I guess?"

You're not sorry about it and I would not expect you to be. You probably had every right to be suspicious of it, but you were incorrect and jumped me with insults because of it. Don't apologize (even half-assedly) if you don't mean it, it is insulting to both of us.

"You did hijack the thread to debate forum rules..."
After FSM posted his comments about what happened, the very next post was #61 by Chas. I then made post #62 asking where those threads were. You made this thread in post #64, and then I brought up free speech in thread #65.

I did not hijack that thread about forum rules. I only replied to comments made to me, or about what had supposedly happened.

"You are unwilling to admit fault or to being wrong... And demand apology without offering any in return for your own missteps. Probably why I can't stand you."

I will gladly apologize and admit fault when it is presented to me, as in post #57 on this thread.

The great thing about a forum, is it only takes a few brief searches to find the posts to show these points.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 01:53 PM
See the posts that were anti gun are they the only posts that were split from the thread?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
If you do not like me or Logica, put us on your ignore list. Don't ask everyone else to not read what we write. And then it doesn't matter to you if we come into "your" threads anyways.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-04-2013, 01:56 PM
(11-04-2013 01:53 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  See the posts that were anti gun are they the only posts that were split from the thread?

Who are you asking? And what is the question?

I split posts that were off-topic.
When that process went awry, I stopped trying to split any more off-topic posts until I could figure out what went wrong.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user