3.)

4.)

Heart 5.)Heart
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2011, 10:23 AM
RE: THANK YOU!
Ok????

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2011, 11:52 AM
1) For being the official TTA link master

2) For never being afraid to give your opinion, even if it may be unpopular

3) For being supportive of the other members of this forum

4) For always having an entertaining signature

5) For being proud and unashamed of your feline flatulence.

Was that what you were looking for? LOL

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
09-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Ehmm, I might sound stupid, but are you somewhat mad because nobody reacted to these posts? I found nr5 really strange and confusing (might be due to the fact I'm not a native English speaker).

You know, if you feel there's a problem of any sort, we can always try to sort it out. I really like you on TTA, and I seem to sense alot of anger today... I don't like that feeling.

Greetz

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
09-06-2011, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 03:00 PM by ashley.hunt60.)
5th Link Wrote:[Image: 5846448.jpg]

We are accepting of variety and differing opinions. Buddy Christ is an anti-theist, and while I disagree with some of his stances, I still respect him, and I presume that he respects(he hasn't shown hostility anyway) people who don't share his anti-theistic views. The Doctor is a Buddhist(not the more spiritual kind, but still), and we don't single him out either. There are a variety of views here, many that are respected. As for why we rebuke TrainWreak is because we don't just disagree with his ideas, we disagree with his reasoning and his egotistical ways. Also, I have to disagree with the idea that we need to support other's views when we find them blatantly incorrect or even offensive; we may both be atheists, but that doesn't mean I'll pat them on the back and give them a bat to beat people with.

And as for your collectively ignored four posts, I'm sorry about that, but I didn't find the stories particularly interesting. It had nothing to do with you personally, but if I have no comment, then I will post no comment.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
09-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Aw shit! They are links!! Duh, now I feel pretty stupid.

(But I still mean my thanks yous)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
09-06-2011, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 05:05 PM by Efrx86.)
(09-06-2011 12:25 PM)Thammuz Wrote:  Ehmm, I might sound stupid, but are you somewhat mad because nobody reacted to these posts? I found nr5 really strange and confusing (might be due to the fact I'm not a native English speaker).
I don't get it either. Maybe it's the non-native language problem for me too. As far as I could tell that last wall of text seems to me like: "ok so I decided to prove through test posts that atheists are also fundies by posting more and more like an atheist fundy over time, the end result was that some of my totally unrelated posts were never replied to (correlation = causation?), therefore the people on this forum are fundies themselves!!" wtf? really I just don't get it.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
09-06-2011, 07:51 PM
I hope you don't pass. Your study is absolutely ridiculous. It makes no sense whatsoever, in any way. It boggles my mind as a matter of fact. Also I read all of those posts you linked to and also found them lacking a need to comment. And so I did not. By your logic because no one has commented on any of my threads everyone is as bad as theists? Or maybe it's just because my threads suck? I'm ok with that. And trainwreck is an extremely combative person who multiple people have tried to converse with only to have it end up in an argument. What do you want? I'm pretty sure that if we were all just like the theists you presume us to be like, then we would have supported him because he was one of us no matter his posturing. Instead we openly disagreed or even some of us agreed with him. You make no sense.
Please feel free to explain further as I'm at a loss.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
09-06-2011, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 08:19 PM by ashley.hunt60.)
I'm not sure GK will be back, that seems like a "Screw you, I'm going home" post to me. Honestly this whole thing has left me extremely confused. I'm half-suspicious GK's account got hacked, because she spent a lot of time here for this all to be part of some little experiment.

EDIT: And I still don't understand why it is such a bad thing to align yourself with what you think is rational and moral over blind faith in a person just because you both have the label 'atheist'. I mean, am I wrong in saying that we shouldn't open our arms and accept TrainWreck with a loving tolerance just because he claims to also be an atheist?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
09-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Some of those links were not very interesting any way:

Cars hit animals all the time- No need to comment
I didn't really care for the music- No need to comment
Doctor Death and Pot I didn't notice- No need to comment.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha