THANK YOU!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
11-06-2011, 08:45 AM
RE: THANK YOU!
Maybe her machines motherboard got fried again...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2011, 05:19 AM

I'm new here but still... Wow :'(
The affection between you all in a forum :'( ... very touching, actually.
:'(
Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Okay I googled her nick to see if maybe she discussed these problems somewhere else. I found out that she actually got to a new forum recently (not to look like a total stalker or anything). http://christianchat.com/new-christian-c...-meow.html

I don't really know what she's up to, but this could mean that we won't be seeing her back here Sad . Looking at the date at which she posted it and all I kinda get the feeling she moved over to that forum (it kinda feels like seeing a good guy in a movie moving to the evil side)

Just thought i'd share this discovery with everyone.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Not to continue prying into her life and and like a total stalker, but it says she was saved when she was twelve, but her spiritual status is "unsure"(most others on the site say "Christian"). Also says her favorite bible verse is Isaiah 45:7, not a favorite verse for many Christians.

Isaiah 45:7 Wrote:I form the light, and create the darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I am the lord and do all these things.

This is both sad and confusing.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
16-06-2011, 04:59 PM
How ironic that now she's decided she's Christian (or always has been), that her favourite verse is one about how God created evil. How totally Christian can you get?

Pity really, I'll miss her on the forums, she made good contributions.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
16-06-2011, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 07:42 PM by Buddy Christ.)
I'm just now discovering this thread.

If this is serious, it's one of the dumbest "studies" I've ever seen. We didn't criticize TrainWreck as a collection of atheists against a person with different views. We criticized TrainWreck as a collection of forum members against a trolling asshole. He refuses to stop speaking down to everyone from his "pedestal of wisdom," while contributing nothing to the forum discussions. People like Spectre, Theophilis, and others fall into the "people with different beliefs" group, and yet they remain unmolested by the forum (though I'm sure Spectre is here in secret since his forum admins forced him to stay away from here).

I don't know if GS was hacked or not. Weedy Seadragon did the same thing a month ago (ha HA! I was secretly just proving that atheists are just as bad as christians! Now I will depart!) but no one seemed to notice because, well... no one understood him anyways.

The "angry arguments" between atheists and christians on this forum are no different than the conversations I have with christians every day in real life. The theist presents a belief, the atheist questions the validity of that belief based on lack of evidence, the theist gets angry at the atheist for "attacking his beliefs," the theist runs off to his theist buddies with stories of the "angry atheist and his unwillingness to listen."

EDIT: and as far as "no one responding to her news stories" ...so what? What does that prove? She took them directly off yahoo news anyways. Disinterest in stories about a car crash and a chinese boy with the voice of an 8 year old female = atheists are closed-minded ???

ANOTHER EDIT: if Gassy truly was not hacked and was actually the person who posted this... congrats on being a heartless douche. It takes a special kind of person to enter a community, share feelings and ideas, become friends with people who genuinely care about what you have to say... and then betray them and expose yourself as a deceitful twat and run back to your forum to slander us honest people.

...and if she WAS hacked and comes back and reads this... don't pay any attention to the above... I mean she had like 1300 posts for christ's sake... that's like going "undercover" to make a drug bust and waiting until you're the biggest coke dealer in the world before "busting" the operation.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
16-06-2011, 08:26 PM
(16-06-2011 05:34 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  ANOTHER EDIT: if Gassy truly was not hacked and was actually the person who posted this... congrats on being a heartless douche. It takes a special kind of person to enter a community, share feelings and ideas, become friends with people who genuinely care about what you have to say... and then betray them and expose yourself as a deceitful twat and run back to your forum to slander us honest people.

Yeah, um, this. I was away for a bit so I feel like I missed some of what happened, but I always liked her before. She definitely seemed somewhat odd and eccentric but hey, it's the internet. I think that most people here genuinely liked her. If it really was all just some kind of experiment, that is a pretty horrible thing to do, and honestly sounds a little psychologically unsound.

Quote:...and if she WAS hacked and comes back and reads this... don't pay any attention to the above... I mean she had like 1300 posts for christ's sake... that's like going "undercover" to make a drug bust and waiting until you're the biggest coke dealer in the world before "busting" the operation.

Maybe she's just really confused. Sigh.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
16-06-2011, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 09:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-06-2011 08:26 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  Maybe she's just really confused. Sigh.

Yeah, who isn't. ... It felt like a "throwing lifelines in all directions to see what catches" to me. She's found a temporary hold. Better than no hold.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
16-06-2011, 09:44 PM
[Image: 2l8y9l2.jpg]

All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid.
-- It keeps me warm.
[+] 1 user Likes Kar98's post
16-06-2011, 09:46 PM
It sounds to me like she started noticing a pattern on this site and has decided to look elsewhere for community. Since the link to her new site was given I read her posts there and they definitely sound like gassy (though a bit less anti-god). The amount of time she has spent here suggests that the undecided status is definite. She's serious about not being certain if nothing else.

We all like her so let's ignore that her message was offensive especially since this is the only post I have seen by her that uses bullet points. If and when she decides to come back let's make sure she still feels welcome.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post