THE GODS THAT TOOK RESIDENCE IN OUR MINDS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2017, 06:40 PM
THE GODS THAT TOOK RESIDENCE IN OUR MINDS
Society doesn’t respect solitude but I really needed it, to cleanse my head and to be free. And then I stumbled upon a lie that I stood on. A lie that questioned every other beliefs I held. Lies that slowly tore me apart. Lies that drained my soul and destroyed every bit of life in me until I became nothing and therein I saw the truth.
When I was born, they told me that I was a Muslim that there is only one God and everyone who denies are disbelievers. The idea never really sunk into me as I saw a different story but it seemed perfect so I confirmed to what they told me to believe. I picked and instilled every thought I wanted to have to make myself believe in it. I ignored everything else I saw. I always agreed with them because I believed they were right.

Before speaking of God’s Creations, we will come down to us. We built homes for shelter, we make food to feed our hunger, we created language to communicate, we created medicines to cure our illness, we established law & order and lots of other things. Then we have questions who brought us here, why are we here, every knowledge we have accumulated, every discoveries we made, who gave us all that we now have. Who created the moon, the sun, the stars, the planets, the universe and everything else? Who controls them? We don’t know but we are intelligent species. A logical assumption, every creation must have a creator. So there must be someone. Let’s create someone and call him God. He has all answers to which we don’t and controls everything we can’t.

For centuries we have created and worshipped different Gods. Every one of us claim that our God is the right God. Our differences divided us. We hate each other, we fight and spill blood in the name of our God. The way to deal with people who disbelieves our God is either to convert the gullible or bring down the others or maybe both. A strategy that have been used for centuries. We still haven’t learned any other way yet. We are so consumed by them that we have distanced ourselves from seeing the truth and they made us blind to it.

Quran and every other religious books claim to be the truth revealed by God. I don’t intend to disregard the knowledge and the truth that they all contain. I only mean to point out the crack at the base that I saw. we have manipulated every knowledge we gained and every truth we discovered into making us believe in our own creation. Our creation of God is our way of denying the truth. To phrase from Quran, 2:42: “And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know it.” We created God to conceal the truth so that there is someone, a deity who knows about everything that we don’t. So that we don’t have to accept the fact that we can never know about it. So that we don’t have to accept our incapability to realise the mysteries of life. There is a limit to our reach to our reach and we cannot go beyond it. Certain knowledge is impossible. Trying to answer unanswerable questions is like say, we are sitting in an examination hall faced with a question that we don’t have a goddamn clue about. We are free to ponder about it, speculate and create our own answers but we know our time is limited so we ignore such questions and move on to the ones we know about as they are the only things that will help us.

Speakers like Zakir Naik and every other who spread Islam are from ignorance and far from the truth. No offence to anyone. Many of us respect and look up to such figures. They say, in order to believe in that one God, one needs to learn about it all from the holy book. And if we are required to do a lot of learning to accept that one true God, they are probably right because only by the very act of learning the holy book followed by the beautiful stories and fabulous reasons & logics will we be able to shape our perspective into believing it. We are also required to see the evidences that they want us to see and ignore the rest to confirm and further concrete our belief in that so called On True God. They say the world is coming to its end and we are to look for it signs, believe in that prophesy and we can make it happen. Maybe they have applied the Orwellian slogan “War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.”

Speaking of afterlife, no one has ever been resurrected from the dead and spoke of hell & heaven. We simply can never know what happens after we die, period.
Now people who created Gods and associated themselves with it, what was their intention? What were they trying to achieve? Was it that they suffered from delusion of grandeur or was it that a creation of a powerful deity and their association with it would bring about a great deal of leverage with their people to bring peace & justice to their country in their own way as leaders. Apart from messengers, there is a man who named himself the Son of God who happened to be brought up by his mother alone. Growing up he could have been emotionally damaged by the fact that he was a fatherless child and craved for one. The agony and possibly several other factors must have lead him to believe that God was his father. Our brain has its own way to adjust & compensate for missing information and for a loss in a way that is hard for us to fathom. And here again, they are simply speculations. We can’t confirm anything about people who lived thousands of years back. But their names are still spoken even years after their death. Now that will count as an achievement for a leader. we still learn their teachings and struggle to follow their only way of life, the perfect life. Our belief in that perfection made them great and we are still struggling. Have we achieved anything so far? My sole intention here is to bring down the exaggerated view that we have been selling about such figures and depict them merely as humans. If they are like one of us, what should we make out of the books that we consider holy.

Whether you are a theist or an atheist, Religion is a disease that will kill mankind and our kind will become extinct if we are to follow it. My words can be flawed but the ground that I stand on was neither created nor can it be destroyed. Truth supplies the energy we all need to remove our life obstacles. We don’t need to do a lot a learning to know the truth. We are born to it. We already know it so when we hear it, we either accept it or deny it. No factual or empirical evidences can determine the existence of God leaving it only a possibility and we are advised not to put all the eggs in one basket. Whether we accept or deny the existence of God, it’s the same story. The truth lies between them. It’s when we deny the truth, we stop looking, it’s what blocks us from moving forward. We are not meant to stop and establish something. Universe is infinite so we need to keep looking to no end.
Our base is nothing, from there we create & destroy and that’s who we are. We are the most powerful species living on this planet and there is no one above us. No wonder why the fight had always been between us. Too much possession of power and great achievements made us so humble that we tend to give all the credits to God, be it good or bad, he gets it all. Or is it that there is no other better way to unburden the responsibilities we have towards each other and the world we live in.

Some of us chose our religion or maybe we imposed them on to us. We do the same to our children and they do it on to theirs. We have been spinning this wheel for centuries. We don’t know what would happen if we were to take our hands off of the wheel. What if we destroyed our creation? How would the world be with no Gods to punish or protect us? Will we be responsible for what happens to each of us? How would it affect our lives?

The material world is advancing in time. What about us? Why are we still the same? Why are we not growing? Why is our life span getting shorter and shorter? Why are we still holding on and fighting for the beliefs that people had held centuries back? Is it peace that we are trying to achieve and if so, how far did we achieve it? And who are we really fighting for?

Maybe if we accept our ignorance, we might look for new ways to better our lives and the world we live in. if we keep doing it, we might even evolve into something greater and bigger than we are now. It’s up to each and every one of us to decide what to believe in. Together we might be able to move mountains. We will never know unless we need them to happen. We need to destroy the beliefs that hold us back and we need to keep looking into our ignorance in order to progress and save ourselves. Or we can keep doing what we do, follow the same old beliefs that still continues to enlighten and enrich our life, we can hold on to it, fight for it and say this is how our world is. If so, May God bless us all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ahmedh Basil's post
01-07-2017, 06:51 PM
RE: THE GODS THAT TOOK RESIDENCE IN OUR MINDS
Welcome, Ahmedh.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2017, 07:32 PM
Nice intro, welcome. TL;DR

Take the controversial shtuff to a new discussion thread. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
01-07-2017, 07:40 PM
The only people who are religious are those who have been programmed to be religious.
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
01-07-2017, 07:50 PM
tl;dr
Any squatting gods that may have taken residence in our minds were evicted.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-07-2017, 08:00 PM
At work.

Hello! Big Grin

Word of advice?

If you can edit down the post and maybe seek to talk to people in other threads.

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
01-07-2017, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2017 09:17 PM by Robvalue.)
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for sharing your story!

(Post edited to remove my misunderstanding of the rules.)

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
02-07-2017, 01:09 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
02-07-2017, 04:39 AM
(01-07-2017 08:57 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for sharing your story!

(Post edited to remove my misunderstanding of the rules.)

I began with myself but this ain't my story. I know it's way too long.

Thank you.
02-07-2017, 04:40 AM
(02-07-2017 01:09 AM)SYZ Wrote:  G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

Thank you Smile