THE N WORD.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2011, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 06:15 PM by Ferdinand.)
THE N WORD.
Couldn't find a thread on this, so considered making one.

I ran into a thread on a different forum based on this topic. The word is obviously an offending word to colored people, but now-a-days, some people (especially my generation, I've noticed) have a better understood acceptance of the word, depending on how it's used. There's obviously the differentiation between the endings of the word;

The "a" ending making the word more acceptable, and the "er" ending which induces a more offensive tone.

I feel as if it's ignorant to use either, especially just nonchalantly tossing the word around; though I can hypocritically admit that I've said both before, because my humor is influenced by profanity, perverted-ness, and of course, the consumption of infants.

I do understand that people have different perspectives; some even see both words as racial terms, while others (the ones that don't really care; which I would fall under this category if it weren't for the fact that I've never cared much for the word anyways. It just one of those words that I don't like to hear.) see it as a brotherly term. I guess it's a tick thing, whereas just merely hearing the word erks me. Not only that, I just feel that, just based on the sheer amount of people who don't think it's a nice word, that people shouldn't flaunt it like some bitch in stilettos, with one of them small ass dogs.

Here's a quote from the guy that posted this topic on the other forum:
Quote:I think it's a self-deprecating term used by those who don't understand that changing the pronunciation really changes the meaning. White supremacists probably find it hilarious that youth use this to describe each other, would black preachers approve of it's use?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
11-12-2011, 06:32 PM
RE: THE N WORD.
I don't use it. Funny thing is, I've been called it by blacks as a token of inclusion, equally funny is what happens when somebody else tries to use that word - I mean, funny to watch. Big Grin

I'm Irish, mick is our slang puppy.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2011, 06:44 PM
oooohhhh.. scary topic .. at least for some.. ..people are afraid to get their hands dirty it seems when it comes to the "N" word... heck they can't even say it.. ..

NIGGER

easy.. see? I'm a white male, grew up in southern california.. words no matter their meaning do not scare me to say or use or talk about.

Now that we have that out of the way...

The word nigger in it's historical term has a pretty harsh reminder and meaning to the black american public. It's slang off rooted word "nigga" is a modern steriotypical term used amongst todays black americans to refer to another black as their "brutha" or "homie" ... what's up my nigga? However the word seems to be the property of mostly blacks and they still find offense when anyone non-black uses it.

Personally I think it's quite ignorant of the younger blacks out there using the two words in their modern day lingo. I know for a fact that the older generations of black americans detest both the words. The memories of the hate behind the words from the early 1900's still leave an ugly feeling.

In my mind I segregate the blacks into two groups... "black americans". they are usually educated or getting an education, and has done their part to be apart of the solution to a positive contribution to the community around them.. "niggers". they are the uneducated, thug, criminal low life pieces of shit that resort to gang violence and have nothing but negative results to contribute to their hood.

Anyhow .. my two cents.. next?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
11-12-2011, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 07:40 PM by houseofcantor.)
That's your morality, Drew. I'm a mick and they are whatever they are. Don't sweat it if you don't get it. Smile
Prolly should add, Johnny Cantor equal-opportunity party central; I've been with some types, know what I'm sayin'? Natives are the best - but natives are the most violable (Navajo, Arapaho, O'odham) - let's just say, effective stereotyping prevents surprises. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
11-12-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm a mick and a Christian. I guess that makes me a McChrist-y. BRB calling McDonalds.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
11-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Well Drew, I wasn't sure if I should primarily drop the N-bomb to start, because in my reply on the other forum's thread, I did so and I got a bunch of "Respect" and "Maturity" bullshit lectures.

Not saying that I don't realize how this word can affect an impression or respect or maturity, but it seemed like the word was allowed to be said for examples, so I took the opportunity, and got shot down.

But then again, people here are more open-minded and shit. :3
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
11-12-2011, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 08:01 PM by houseofcantor.)
That got me thinking about stereotypes. There's racial profiling; then there's chemistry. Like this mick + them Indians + a Canadian Club = we ain't the Cowboys. Big Grin

Man, gotta love them flashbacks. Also gotta know where the chemicals you are combining are taking you. Lack of prep-work blow up the lab. Wink
(11-12-2011 07:44 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm a mick and a Christian. I guess that makes me a McChrist-y. BRB calling McDonalds.

That makes sense. Irish + Catholic go almost like + Whiskey. Technically, I'm still one. Like Angelus. Angel
(11-12-2011 06:44 PM)ddrew Wrote:  "niggers". they are the uneducated, thug, criminal low life pieces of shit that resort to gang violence and have nothing but negative results to contribute to their hood.

You're not looking at it from a socioeconomic viewpoint. I've been with these cats. They are part of the economic ecology. I don't look down on them for playing the hand they were dealt. But then, I'm big-picture guy. Reducing everything and everybody to economic data points on a global grid is how I figure me and my Gwynnies are good with Gaia for eleven billion monkeys. I just don't do exclusion no morez. Doesn't make my Gwynnies smile. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-12-2011, 10:32 PM
(11-12-2011 07:46 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Well Drew, I wasn't sure if I should primarily drop the N-bomb to start, because in my reply on the other forum's thread, I did so and I got a bunch of "Respect" and "Maturity" bullshit lectures.

Not saying that I don't realize how this word can affect an impression or respect or maturity, but it seemed like the word was allowed to be said for examples, so I took the opportunity, and got shot down.

But then again, people here are more open-minded and shit. :3

Well .. nigger is one of them powerful words ... causes alot of negative emotions and responses quickly. Makes people edgy in an instant. .... personally I myself refrain from using the word. but when topics are brought up about it i'll pretty much lay it out there blunt and naked.

Personally I don't have a problem when it comes to race. But if they wanna label themselves .. then so be it.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
11-12-2011, 10:39 PM
It occurs to me, whether I'm right or wrong, but I was born around the time where it was my generation that was first taught to quell the so-called "N" word. I can appreciate that you tiger cubs are ok with using it, but it's certainly not for polite society (whatever that means) and for me, it's not even funny to use the "-a" suffix.

That said, it really twists my panties in a knot when people try to revise history or literature. This kind of stuff irks my gourd:

Upcoming NewSouth 'Huck Finn' Eliminates the 'N' Word

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
11-12-2011, 11:13 PM
There is a place for it - e.g. the Huck Finn books, where it's drawing attention to the bullshit social context of the day.

But if you say that word, what you are saying is "You are worthless, you are just a plantation slave. No matter what you do or what you achieve, you will always be a nigger, never a black man, never worthy of respect. The meanest white man will get more respect from me than you. You are just a monkey. If you do anything worthwhile, you're just a monkey who's learned a trick." It carries so much hidden meaning... safer to stay away from it.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post