THE N WORD.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2011, 03:08 AM
RE: THE N WORD.
(12-12-2011 02:31 AM)bemore Wrote:  Ha ha its true Tongue

We are all just labels Cool

Me an you, we had these labels for generations; they're just new with theirs. We'll get over it. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2011, 04:44 AM
I just skipped all the posts, to put my 2 cents on this one...

I live far, far away from USA, but i am extremely influenced by your culture. That culture includes language, slang and phrases that I see/hear in 90% of the movies and TV shows I am watching. In those shows there is always some black guy who keeps saying "nigga this, nigga that", usually there is some white trash that keeps saying "those damn niggers, these damn niggers", then I turn the channel to listen to some music and all the "singers" are saying nigga, nigga, nigga, all the time. So I am VERY bombarded with the word nigga and nigger. I know VERY well what it means, why was it used 100-50 years ago, what it stands for and how offensive it WAS. But it is not offensive anymore. Why? Very simple.

If you refer to yourself as "an idiot" and you keep calling yourself that everyday, what do you think I am gonna call you? A genius, maybe?

I hate when people try to push everything under the "racism" area, they are the true racists. I will try to explain my point, the way so that you do not kill me all at once. Smile First of all calling somebody "a nigger" is offensive and racist, then you rephrase it and call him "a black man", then that is also offensive and racist, because I am judging him by the color of his skin. WTF people?? Isn't their skin darker than mine? Isn't it logical and obvious that they are darker, therefor, blacker that I am, so isn't it then also logical to refer to them as black persons, as they would say that I am a white person? The media and the stupid politicians have made this racist, so they have invented the most racist of them all, "African-American". This is the most wrong and the most ignorant name for a persons skin color ever. If you meet a British citizen who has a dark skin, how would you refer to him, as an African-American? A guy never who has never seen Africa, or traveled to USA, can not be called African-American, so this is the most politically incorrect name for a persons race.

People have made things much worse with heating up the old and stupid things like skin color. We are all the same, yet we still have different pigments of the skin and therefor we have WHITE people, BLACK people, Asians and we almost have no more Native Americans (the only politically correct name) thanks to the same people who are now all for liberty and unity. Hypocritical bastards, all of them who want to push some "politically correct" names for different skin color, there are no politically correct names for our skin color, it is genetic, it is part of our individuality, part of our heritage. Some of you are "black", some are "white", some a little "yellow", what's the big deal? Do I sound racist? Yes, to other hypocritical racists. No to people who don't care about the skin color. It's all the same to me, I only comment on the most basic feature of somebodies looks, there is nothing wrong there.

1: What did he look like?
2: He was tall, skinny, had glasses, short hair...

But if you say white, or black, you have narrowed it down significantly and gave a much better explanation how a person looks.

Now I will go back 3 pages and read your comments, so maybe I will ad something new.

And remember, there is nothing racist when you make somebodies race a part of his/hers description.

P.S.
I also have a small "problem" that I pick up accents and slang rather quickly when I go somewhere, so if I were to hang out with some hood guys form the hood, I would speak like them in a matter of days, and that would include the nigga this, nigga that lines all the time. Not my problem, I just talk like people around me talk.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Filox's post
12-12-2011, 07:06 AM
If I hear anyone in the black community use either version of the word I tell them out right, "If you don't want me to say the word, then don't you say the words around me."

If they don't like it they can kiss my ars. I put up with a couple double standards* and that's not one of them. Smile

*(double standard acceptable = 13yr old boy & hot teacher) lol

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
12-12-2011, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 09:26 AM by germanyt.)
Tons of white people use 'nigga' where I live but not to black dudes. They use it amongst themselves. Black people even use it to white people but not vice versa. It's such a stupid word. If rappers wouldn't continue to use it it would probably go away.
(12-12-2011 07:06 AM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  If I hear anyone in the black community use either version of the word I tell them out right, "If you don't want me to say the word, then don't you say the words around me."

If they don't like it they can kiss my ars. I put up with a couple double standards* and that's not one of them. Smile

I'm sure that's what you do. Right before you get jumped by 8 dudes.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like germanyt's post
12-12-2011, 09:40 AM
(12-12-2011 09:22 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Tons of white people use 'nigga' where I live but not to black dudes. They use it amongst themselves. Black people even use it to white people but not vice versa. It's such a stupid word. If rappers wouldn't continue to use it it would probably go away.
(12-12-2011 07:06 AM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  If I hear anyone in the black community use either version of the word I tell them out right, "If you don't want me to say the word, then don't you say the words around me."

I'm sure that's what you do. Right before you get jumped by 8 dudes.

It's obviously based on a given situation. Like any person with in a situation that you evaluate as bad you won't go to far. If 1 or 2 people are present I most certainly will speak that way and I have. If i'm surrounded by a multitude of people, a person could measure up a possible bad outcome. I'm not invincible but I do cast a big shadow this sometimes helps me. Smile

I scared of 1 thing on this planet and that's snakes. They are just creepy and they bite without much warning lol

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
[+] 3 users Like Clint Barnett's post
12-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Just thought I'd share this; I used to live in a completely black neighborhood. No lie, I was the only white girl, out of maybe 3 or 4 more white kids, that played with around 20 colored kids in that division of apartments. So generally, most of my friends there, for the five years I lived there, were black. Even the kids spit the word out like it was nothing. But the one time I said it, everyone started tripping balls. But I mean, I was like 10, so I was going to repeat whatever I heard. After I was told the meaning of the word, though I already knew it before then (i just thought it was alright to say it because my friends said it, and they were black), I didn't think it was fair that they could call me a "cracker" and what not, but I couldn't call them that -Not saying I meant to offend them in the beginning, because I didn't. They were my friends. I only said it reflecting the "brotherly", "buddy", or "pal" definition. It wasn't right in their eyes, but it wasn't fair in mine.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
12-12-2011, 09:57 AM
(12-12-2011 09:54 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Just thought I'd share this; I used to live in a completely black neighborhood. No lie, I was the only white girl, out of maybe 3 or 4 more white kids, that played with around 20 colored kids in that division of apartments. So generally, most of my friends there, for the five years I lived there, were black. Even the kids spit the word out like it was nothing. But the one time I said it, everyone started tripping balls. But I mean, I was like 10, so I was going to repeat whatever I heard. After I was told the meaning of the word, though I already knew it before then (i just thought it was alright to say it because my friends said it, and they were black), I didn't think it was fair that they could call me a "cracker" and what not, but I couldn't call them that -Not saying I meant to offend them in the beginning, because I didn't. They were my friends. I only said it reflecting the "brotherly", "buddy", or "pal" definition. It wasn't right in their eyes, but it wasn't fair in mine.

Sorry, Ferdy,
Once again, you're left paying the price for the mess we older folks caused.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-12-2011, 10:02 AM
(12-12-2011 09:57 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sorry, Ferdy,
Once again, you're left paying the price for the mess we older folks caused.

I always get the shitty end of the racial stick. What the hell. ]:
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
12-12-2011, 11:09 AM
(12-12-2011 12:28 AM)kim Wrote:  The word nigger… is derivative of a 14th century word niggard or niggardly meaning miserly or stingy. The bastardized version of the word nigger, came about around the 1500s when slave owners began to try to use the word to degrade slaves, inferring they were slow and/or not forthcoming with work, in other words, calling them lazy. The cruel, degrading, derogatory term has passed through centuries, throughout the US and internationally.
I gleefully use a certain amount of healthy obscenity daily, perhaps once an hour, and it's offended very few people I've come in contact with. However, I see no point in using hurtful, derogatory, cruel, obscenity… no degrading word aimed at a person or group of persons.
In my formative years, I was taught "black is beautiful"… as well, I was taught the word nigger was a hurtful, cruel, obscenity of degradation and historical shame… these are things I do believe to this day.
The "adoption" and further bastardization of the word as nigga, feels to me an ironic joke, rather than a title, as I think it's meant. I think my black friends feel just as uncomfortable by it's use as I do; could be generation specific. It's certainly not my place to "reclaim" something I clearly have little connection to, other than cultural reference.
I detest pulling the word out of literature -especially Mark Twain! Talk about dummying down America! If you don't know where you've been, you will never get anywhere.

Kim, the racial slur "nigger" has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the unrelated word "niggardly." That the two words sound similar is nothing more than a coincidence--and an unfortunate one, since it means that a perfectly legitimate word can no longer be said in public (at least in the U.S.) because of an erroneously perceived connection to bigotry. The misunderstanding once actually caused a public official to lose his job.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
12-12-2011, 11:14 AM
(12-12-2011 12:28 AM)kim Wrote:  The word nigger… is derivative of a 14th century word niggard or niggardly meaning miserly or stingy. The bastardized version of the word nigger, came about around the 1500s when slave owners began to try to use the word to degrade slaves, inferring they were slow and/or not forthcoming with work, in other words, calling them lazy. The cruel, degrading, derogatory term has passed through centuries, throughout the US and internationally.

No, that's urban myth. The two words share no etymology whatsoever. Niggard pre-dates nigger by centuries. Nigger derives from negro.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post