THE N WORD.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2011, 08:25 PM
RE: THE N WORD.
(12-12-2011 07:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-12-2011 06:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-12-2011 05:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I must confess, I enjoy using the word niggardly in the correct context.

I've taken to replacing niggardly with Scottish. I just find it more fun to intentionally insult an entire country than to be misinterpreted as insulting a skin tone. And the Scots find it every bit as funny as I do. Win-Win. Big Grin

Scottish Jokes

Q: What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping up a set of bagpipes?

A: No one ever cried chopping up bagpipes.

Well played, sir. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-12-2011, 11:42 PM
(12-12-2011 05:51 PM)JumpinJude Wrote:  ETA - I obviously don't know how to get the bullets to work properly, which is driving me nuts! Sorry.

Bullets are pretty straightforward I thought. Just lock and load Wink I don't know what to do about your nuts though - perhaps you should look into getting some golf tees - you put your balls on 'em before you drive off Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately as long as african americans use the N-word to refer to each other, and make it sound good, with smiles on their lips, laughter in their eyes, and jokes in their head, there are going to be people who happen to be of a different "color" that would like to join in on all that fun. And I'm not just talking about the man, but anybody. A native american of the Cherokee Nation, or a chinese american whose G.G.grandad was worked to death on the railroads of the american west, drops the N-bomb in a conversation with another of his/her own culture, and in over-hearing it, an african american takes offense? Anytime you wish to exclude someone from taking part in something that you feel it's o.k. for you to take part in, because they do not share a skin color with you, is RACIST!! Sorry. 1) Do away with the word, or 2) realize it's just a word,....that everyone has a right to!

11-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Why did you bump a thread that's well over a year old?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
11-04-2013, 09:35 PM
(11-04-2013 09:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why did you bump a thread that's well over a year old?

Going out on a limb here but maybe because he felt he had something he wanted to say on the topic. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
11-04-2013, 09:37 PM
(11-04-2013 09:35 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 09:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why did you bump a thread that's well over a year old?

Going out on a limb here but maybe because he felt he had something he wanted to say on the topic. Big Grin

Dubious, though you could be onto something there Hughsie. Consider Further investigation is required I suspect.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
11-04-2013, 09:38 PM
(11-04-2013 09:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 09:35 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Going out on a limb here but maybe because he felt he had something he wanted to say on the topic. Big Grin

Dubious, though you could be onto something there Hughsie. Consider Further investigation is required I suspect.

Quick to the Action Team 6 News Chopper!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Let's cross over to Olly for the verdict.
What's the Verdict Olly?

"HE DID!"

Thanks Olly.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
12-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I will never be able to wrap my head around the use of the word Nigger.

When I was in New York a few years back, my best friend back then, a big black guy, and all of his friend would use it constantly. Nigger this, nigger that.
They would even call me nigger, almost like it was some sort of "you're one of us".

Yet if anyone else dared drop the n-bomb, all hell would break loose and the guys would suddenly become history experts, talking about slavery, liberation and consideration. Bullshit, I say.

Personally I don't use it at all. Not because I find it as offensive as most people do, but most because it's not worth the effort. Besides, I can't really think of a use for it, except pissing people off.
Even if it wasn't offensive to anyone, I'm not sure I would use it to describe anything really.
12-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Oh boy, a "nigger thread". I don't generally use the word myself. That being said, it is sometimes appropriate, but rarely for myself. I don't try to go about offending people for the sake of it. In the proper context I have said it in racial discussions such as this one, but you have to tread lightly. I'm a white American male with a thick southern accent, so I especially have to be careful how I use it and who I use it with. Funny thing is I could only use it around only white people or with a relatively close black friend, but such conversations are rare. I think everyone certainly has a right to use whatever vocab they wish. If people want to incite anger against them who gives a fuck? Let them. I think the word has lost a bit of its shock or whatever than it once had.

Some Non-Black-Americans, like I once did, may say, "What's the big deal? Nigger literally just means 'black', they should just get over it, if I said it it wouldn't mean anything", but now I understand a bit better. Being in the military I traveled a lot, to a lot of places, and met a lot of people. Now, I'd call myself a hillbilly, and I wouldn't mind being called one normally, but there have been times when it was used to mean "Stupid, inbred, low-class, poor, beneath me piece of shit, etc" That pisses me the fuck off, and I'm not easily pissed off. I went off on a buddy who did this to me once and made him feel like a small man afterward and attacked his intelligence, which I felt bad about afterward, but he had it coming, he said it out of spite. I got it in that moment. I was a nigger.