THE N WORD.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: THE N WORD.
(12-04-2013 11:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Oh boy, a "nigger thread". I don't generally use the word myself. That being said, it is sometimes appropriate, but rarely for myself. I don't try to go about offending people for the sake of it. In the proper context I have said it in racial discussions such as this one, but you have to tread lightly. I'm a white American male with a thick southern accent, so I especially have to be careful how I use it and who I use it with. Funny thing is I could only use it around only white people or with a relatively close black friend, but such conversations are rare. I think everyone certainly has a right to use whatever vocab they wish. If people want to incite anger against them who gives a fuck? Let them. I think the word has lost a bit of its shock or whatever than it once had.

Some Non-Black-Americans, like I once did, may say, "What's the big deal? Nigger literally just means 'black', they should just get over it, if I said it it wouldn't mean anything", but now I understand a bit better. Being in the military I traveled a lot, to a lot of places, and met a lot of people. Now, I'd call myself a hillbilly, and I wouldn't mind being called one normally, but there have been times when it was used to mean "Stupid, inbred, low-class, poor, beneath me piece of shit, etc" That pisses me the fuck off, and I'm not easily pissed off. I went off on a buddy who did this to me once and made him feel like a small man afterward and attacked his intelligence, which I felt bad about afterward, but he had it coming, he said it out of spite. I got it in that moment. I was a nigger.

Can I call you a hick?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 11:30 PM
(12-04-2013 11:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 11:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Oh boy, a "nigger thread". I don't generally use the word myself. That being said, it is sometimes appropriate, but rarely for myself. I don't try to go about offending people for the sake of it. In the proper context I have said it in racial discussions such as this one, but you have to tread lightly. I'm a white American male with a thick southern accent, so I especially have to be careful how I use it and who I use it with. Funny thing is I could only use it around only white people or with a relatively close black friend, but such conversations are rare. I think everyone certainly has a right to use whatever vocab they wish. If people want to incite anger against them who gives a fuck? Let them. I think the word has lost a bit of its shock or whatever than it once had.

Some Non-Black-Americans, like I once did, may say, "What's the big deal? Nigger literally just means 'black', they should just get over it, if I said it it wouldn't mean anything", but now I understand a bit better. Being in the military I traveled a lot, to a lot of places, and met a lot of people. Now, I'd call myself a hillbilly, and I wouldn't mind being called one normally, but there have been times when it was used to mean "Stupid, inbred, low-class, poor, beneath me piece of shit, etc" That pisses me the fuck off, and I'm not easily pissed off. I went off on a buddy who did this to me once and made him feel like a small man afterward and attacked his intelligence, which I felt bad about afterward, but he had it coming, he said it out of spite. I got it in that moment. I was a nigger.

Can I call you a hick?

You can call me whatever. Take a look at my title. Like i said, it's context.

12-04-2013, 11:45 PM
(12-04-2013 11:30 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 11:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Can I call you a hick?

You can call me whatever. Take a look at my title. Like i said, it's context.

But you're a hick in any context. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-04-2013, 11:51 PM
(12-04-2013 11:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 11:30 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You can call me whatever. Take a look at my title. Like i said, it's context.

But you're a hick in any context. Drinking Beverage

Touch—ź. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
13-04-2013, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2013 12:44 AM by TheGulegon.)
(11-04-2013 09:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why did you bump a thread that's well over a year old?

The reply before this one was posted at 12:51 am today. Does that mean this thread is no longer over a year old, or that it has merely had the cobwebs shaken loose from it? Tongue

13-04-2013, 12:32 AM
The dreaded N word...non-conformists

[Image: giphy.gif]
13-04-2013, 12:34 AM
(13-04-2013 12:32 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  The dreaded N word...non-conformists

Nerf-herder. Drinking Beverage

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post