THE QUESTION (first date)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 05:45 PM
RE: THE QUESTION (first date)
(17-11-2013 05:31 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 05:27 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Oh yeah! A conjoined twin skull! that's what that is!

Hehe. Fucking metal.

I wonder if conjoined twins get two separate bodies when they go to heaven? I wonder how separate they have to be in life to have their own souls? The conjoined twins in your photo, if I'm right about that being what it is, isn't that separated. It many not have split enough to have two separate souls. I wonder if it just has one soul, with slightly extra soul power, and I wonder what the magic point is in which "God" decides to put another soul in there? Three cells earlier, only one soul, three cell divisions later, extra soul.

And for that matter, do regular identical twins have half a soul from when their soul split in the egg, or do they get their own? And if they have their own souls, and not half souls, then if they start off as one egg, and "God" only puts one soul in there, and the egg divides and "God" puts the second soul in the other egg, which one gets the first soul, and which one gets the new soul? If you only have half a soul can you get into heaven...man, that brought up a lot of questions...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
17-11-2013, 05:53 PM
What kind of people ask that on a first date ?

"Do you believe in God?"

WTF?

But, just a though, are you sure that at least some of them don't ask hoping you would say "no" ?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
17-11-2013, 06:05 PM
(17-11-2013 05:53 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  What kind of people ask that on a first date ?

"Do you believe in God?"

WTF?

But, just a though, are you sure that at least some of them don't ask hoping you would say "no" ?

Yeah, I think it's fucked up to ask on a first date, but a lot do, at least I've found. Not even, what religion are you, but straight up, "Do you believe in God" with every connotation you know that answer will leave.

I have considered that, but usually was you talk to someone there are little things you pick up on, that they say, that you can tell, this is how someone sounds when they are trying to be polite about the none existence of "God" around people don't know how they feel about that. When I catch that I am quick to make sure they can realize they don't have to tip toe around me.

But as with this person, or anyone else on a date, if asked a don't cover up or hide it, but try to get a dialog going first so that I can get a base line for where they are coming from and their prospective. As with this girl, whether or not I flat out say "no" they know I'm saying "no", because I am actually explaining why I don't rather than just saying that I don't. So if they were hoping I say "no" they are still hearing me explain why I don't have any need for that particular hypothesis.

17-11-2013, 06:26 PM
(17-11-2013 06:05 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 05:53 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  What kind of people ask that on a first date ?

"Do you believe in God?"

WTF?

Yeah, I think it's fucked up to ask on a first date, but a lot do, at least I've found. Not even, what religion are you, but straight up, "Do you believe in God" with every connotation you know that answer will leave.

I have considered that, but usually was you talk to someone there are little things you pick up on, that they say, that you can tell, this is how someone sounds when they are trying to be polite about the none existence of "God" around people don't know how they feel about that. When I catch that I am quick to make sure they can realize they don't have to tip toe around me.

But as with this person, or anyone else on a date, if asked a don't cover up or hide it, but try to get a dialog going first so that I can get a base line for where they are coming from and their prospective. As with this girl, whether or not I flat out say "no" they know I'm saying "no", because I am actually explaining why I don't rather than just saying that I don't. So if they were hoping I say "no" they are still hearing me explain why I don't have any need for that particular hypothesis.

Being in that situation is really fucked up. Good luck.
Isn't there some kind of a atheist community where you live, maybe you could meet someone there?

I just read the whole story, the demon part, lol.
What do you make of it?

I see two options...

More likely one...she dreamed the whole event ,

or more amusing one

Her hubby played a practical joke on her.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
17-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Wow very nice.

I don't think I could have survived a religious school, would have gone crazy.

As for atheist girls. They are out there, just keep looking. Lol. A group is a good idea, like slow said.
17-11-2013, 06:42 PM
(17-11-2013 06:26 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Being in that situation is really fucked up. Good luck.
Isn't there some kind of a atheist community where you live, maybe you could meet someone there?

I just read the whole story, the demon part, lol.
What do you make of it?

I see two options...

More likely one...she dreamed the whole event ,

or more amusing one

Her hubby played a practical joke on her.

Yeah thanks. I am part of an atheist group out here, but I haven't really meet any girls my age at it. Most of the people in the group are older.

But, it's just a thing I have to deal with. Sometimes people ask why I'm still single, and I want to say, because most people believe in a ~3,000 year old, Middle Eastern, tribal, goat herder mythology, and I don't, and they only want to date people who do.
But they don't get it.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
18-11-2013, 09:13 AM
When asked if I believe in god on the first date, I would respond with....

"That depends on if you believe in sex on the first date"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
18-11-2013, 09:40 AM
It certainly cuts to the chase on that topic doesn't it? You'd think you could get there with a little more subtlety. Her deism is something I could accept, the demon possession is something altogether different. I would run quickly away from that. If most of the people in the atheist groups are older than you, perhaps find out if they have daughters...............
18-11-2013, 09:58 AM
I think finding an atheist is very difficult...especially one that is an out of the closet atheist.

Both my girlfriend and I were in-the-closet atheists until we met each other...mostly due to societal and familial reasons.

Our coming-out about atheism was really built on each other, and being able to have someone to discuss in-depth about religion.

I think it really is about finding someone that is open-minded...and that can be difficult, whether its about politics or religion.
18-11-2013, 10:02 AM
(18-11-2013 09:40 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  ...Her deism is something I could accept, the demon possession is something altogether different. I would run quickly away from that. ...

I agree. It's part of why I don't just say "no". I like to figure out what I'm working with first. When she went into the deistic thing, and based on our conversation on it, I initially thought, I could work with that...maybe. As it already was it seemed as though, in the short time I talked to her, I was changing her mind on a couple points, even thought I was not trying to, simply by explaining my own thoughts. So I though, maybe I can work her around this, or her deism will be light and fluffy enough that it wont really matter as a thing anyway. Just one of those thing you internally roll your eyes to, but can deal with.

But the demon possession thing...that's a whole other level...