15-11-2012, 12:31 PM
RE: (THE) holocaust was made up
I told you: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid195217

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2012, 12:35 PM
(15-11-2012 12:31 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I told you: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid195217

You are a Sorcerer!
Burn the Sorcerer!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
15-11-2012, 12:39 PM
(15-11-2012 12:35 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 12:31 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I told you: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid195217

You are a Sorcerer!
Burn the Sorcerer!
OH NOES! Bechased

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
15-11-2012, 02:42 PM
uh I didn't start the thread to say that 6 million jews weren't killed, I started the thread to say that 6 million is a relatively low number in comparison to other genocides which is why I was asking why 6 million dead europeans gets the status of (THE) holocaust.
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
15-11-2012, 02:52 PM
(15-11-2012 02:42 PM)I and I Wrote:  uh I didn't start the thread to say that 6 million jews weren't killed, I started the thread to say that 6 million is a relatively low number in comparison to other genocides which is why I was asking why 6 million dead europeans gets the status of (THE) holocaust.
No. You started the thread because the fillings in your teeth are picking up radio broadcasts from the Venusians anointing you special dispensator of truth. Dodgy

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-11-2012, 03:08 PM
(15-11-2012 08:42 AM)I and I Wrote:  by good ole white peopleDrinking Beverage

So this probably should be in philosophy...but who cares.

The idea or notion that there was THE holocaust as if one is better than the other is pretty stupid and quite racist.

The white european jews who were killed are (THE) holocaust but 10 million chinese at the hands of the japanese don't get the distinction as being (THE) holocaust. Neither do 10 million congolese africans in an 8 yr span by the hands of the belgian government at the turn of the century.

Now in one case the victims were good european vanilla whiteys and far fewer were killed than in China or the Congo and this same one is THE HOLOCAUST. DUH DUH DUH

Speaking of death and murder. Millions of people die every year from starvation, malnutrition, and curable diseases from good ole make your panties wet capitalism yet this isn't called a holocaust either.

I guess being white victims puts one in the running for the (THE) status?
This seems quite semantic to me. Frankly I'd say "the Holocaust" is simply an identifier, which has a familiarity in reference to Jews in Germany in WWII. And skyrocketing gas prices, but that's a different story.

By definition:
Destruction or slaughter on a mass scale, esp. caused by fire or nuclear war: "a nuclear holocaust".

So it can refer to any mass scale destruction or slaughter, for example the Armenian Genocide is also referred to as the Armenian Holocaust. The word only represents what we want the word to represent, it has no meaning any other way but context.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
15-11-2012, 03:09 PM
(15-11-2012 02:42 PM)I and I Wrote:  uh I didn't start the thread to say that 6 million jews weren't killed, I started the thread to say that 6 million is a relatively low number in comparison to other genocides which is why I was asking why 6 million dead europeans gets the status of (THE) holocaust.
The term applies to the 11+ million - it wasn't just Jews.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2012, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2012 06:40 PM by aurora.)
(15-11-2012 09:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 09:13 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Exactly. The Holocaust has been discussed ad nauseam.

Thanks, Vosur. I was too nauseous to find the link.
It's nauseated, you pillock!

Signed your friendly, anally-retentive grammar checker! Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
15-11-2012, 07:21 PM
(THE) holocaust was made up
(15-11-2012 06:31 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 09:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Thanks, Vosur. I was too nauseous to find the link.
It's nauseated, you pillock!

Signed your friendly, anally-retentive grammar checker! Thumbsup

I blame iPhone for not showing it was wrong. That's definitely one word I never seem able to spell correctly or know its proper usage. :/

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
15-11-2012, 07:24 PM
(THE) holocaust was made up
(15-11-2012 03:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
The term applies to the 11+ million - it wasn't just Jews.

And I don't think there were that many whites involved. Except for the whites doing The Holocausting.

Have there been any other modern Holocaustings that have lead to the creation of a new nation? Not saying it matters, but it does give more wait to The Holocaust.